Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CZW World Heavyweight Championship
> Wikimedia Discussion > Articles
Looch
Don't you love how an article on the English Wikipedia can be a Featured List even though 90% of the sources aren't in the English language? Not only that, but the German website (Cagematch.de) is nothing, and I mean nothing, more than a self-published fansite.
Chris Croy
It's always been policy that a lack of sources in English isn't a problem. Theoretically, every topic in every language should have an article in every language. We just haven't reached that point yet.

The paranoia over OMG SELF PUBLISHED SOURCES continues to amaze me.
guy
QUOTE(Chris Croy @ Sat 14th July 2007, 7:39pm) *

I think the rule is that if a web site offers strong evidence against your POV, it is an illegitimate self-published source.
Looch
QUOTE(Chris Croy @ Sat 14th July 2007, 6:39pm) *

It's always been policy that a lack of sources in English isn't a problem. Theoretically, every topic in every language should have an article in every language. We just haven't reached that point yet.

But there are many English sources for the CZW World Heavyweight Championship which could have been used but were not. Thus it is not a very good quality article, let alone Featured List quality.
GoodFaith
QUOTE(Looch @ Sat 14th July 2007, 2:23pm) *

QUOTE(Chris Croy @ Sat 14th July 2007, 6:39pm) *

But there are many English sources for the CZW World Heavyweight Championship which could have been used but were not. Thus it is not a very good quality article, let alone Featured List quality.

You quote foreign languages because those are harder to look up.
Chris Croy
But there are many English sources for the CZW World Heavyweight Championship which could have been used but were not.

Several English sources have now been provided, including a hard copy source, to corroborate what the German source says. While I applaud your community service through the discovery of open proxy's before more destructive vandals do, in the future I would suggest simply making posts here and waiting for an editor in good standing to address it.
Looch
The book by Gary Will which was added in the last few days only sources the info up until early 2000.
Chris Croy
QUOTE(Looch @ Sun 15th July 2007, 9:35pm) *

The book by Gary Will which was added in the last few days only sources the info up until early 2000.

So? I wrote an article where the best biography ended at 1998. The subject wasn't dead yet, so I...kept writing. I used other sources. Which is what you're supposed to do. Do you have some specific reason to think the website is inaccurate or less accurate than the book?
Looch
Which web site?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.