Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Media Bistro
> Wikimedia Discussion > Articles
thekohser
Fortunately, this drive-by article got deleted, but it makes a point.

Wikipedians want to ban all paid editors because with that kind of conflict of interest, they couldn't POSSIBLY write a neutral, descriptive, cited article about a company. No, instead, leave it to the Wikipedians themselves to make sure fairness and encyclopedic tone are adhered to.

I'm getting the distinct impression that Wikipedians are incapable of writing any encyclopedic article that has anything to do with Wikipedia. Seriously, doesn't that create a WP:COI feedback loop? Shouldn't Wikipedia invite some outside organization to write all the articles that are related to Wikipedia itself? They're violating WP:AUTO!

Greg
Somey
QUOTE(thekohser @ Mon 23rd July 2007, 11:07pm) *
I'm getting the distinct impression that Wikipedians are incapable of writing any encyclopedic article that has anything to do with Wikipedia.

Only just now...? unsure.gif

They didn't even get the first paragraph right! I mean, to read that thing you'd have to assume that mediabistro.com, one of the most popular websites for freelance journalists in the world, only had one singular purpose for its very existence - namely, to try to spam Wikipedia.

Goes without saying, right? I mean, what else is there, other than Wikipedia, Google, and maybe... uh, World of Warcraft?

I remember back in the good old days, what was best in life was to crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women. Not anymore! I suppose it's mildly hypocritical of me to accuse them of wanting nothing but to denigrate other peoples' websites, given that I spend so much time denigrating theirs... but as others before me have pointed out, they're the ones building the fancy-schmancy "encyclopedia" - not us.
GoodFaith
QUOTE(Somey @ Mon 23rd July 2007, 9:52pm) *

I'm getting the distinct impression that Wikipedians are incapable of writing any encyclopedic article that has anything to do with Wikipedia.

Wikipedians make up a cohesive, elitist group of persons exhibiting a great or excessive devotion or sharing obsessive, even faddish, devotion to or veneration of esoteric intellectual interests, which are generally considered to be extremist, dangerous, heretical, pseudoscientific or false, while employing the inculcation of deep-seated anxious dependency, along with unethically manipulative techniques of persuasion and control designed to advance the goals of the group's elite few to the actual or possible detriment of members, their families, or the community, while its devotees often live unconventional lifestyles under the guidance of a dominant, authoritarian leader.
Somey
QUOTE(GoodFaith @ Tue 24th July 2007, 12:30am) *
Wikipedians make up a cohesive, elitist group of persons exhibiting a great or excessive devotion or sharing obsessive, even faddish, devotion to or veneration of esoteric intellectual interests, which are generally considered to be extremist, dangerous, heretical, pseudoscientific or false, while employing the inculcation of deep-seated anxious dependency, along with unethically manipulative techniques of persuasion and control designed to advance the goals of the group's elite few to the actual or possible detriment of members, their families, or the community, while its devotees often live unconventional lifestyles under the guidance of a dominant, authoritarian leader.

Damn, you're good! Did I ever properly welcome you to WR...? And can I quote you in my next blog?

Don't forget all the Pokemon-obsessives, though. They'll feel really hurt and disappointed if you leave them out.
Joseph100
QUOTE(GoodFaith @ Mon 23rd July 2007, 11:30pm) *

QUOTE(Somey @ Mon 23rd July 2007, 9:52pm) *

OR IN OTHER WORDS..."STALINISM"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.