Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Slim V., Saphireplace.com, SlimVirgin
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors > Notable editors > SlimVirgin
LamontStormstar
This may have been mentioned before in another thread.

http://www.sapphireplace.com/stories/slimv.html

Sapphireplace.com also says it's a site for transgender stories.

All SlimVirgin's stories have summaries for not only transgender stories, but every one of them are have pedophilia as the main plot element.

SlimVirgin has written many transgender stories involving pedophilia. Very strange......

Read the comments, too. Things like "I must say that is a great story--despite how unrealistic (and somewhat sick) some of the content is."

Google finds more: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Slimv+transgender

blissyu2
Why do you think that its the same Slim V?
everyking
QUOTE(blissyu2 @ Sun 29th July 2007, 7:54am) *

Anybody think they have the exceptionally well-honed linguistic analytic skills necessary to compare them?
Herschelkrustofsky
QUOTE(everyking @ Sun 29th July 2007, 12:01am) *

QUOTE(blissyu2 @ Sun 29th July 2007, 7:54am) *

Anybody think they have the exceptionally well-honed linguistic analytic skills necessary to compare them?

I happen to think that my linguistic analytic skills are as exceptionally well-honed as the next fellow's, and in my opinion, it ain't the same SlimVirgin.
GoodFaith
QUOTE(LamontStormstar @ Sat 28th July 2007, 9:54pm) *

All SlimVirgin's stories have summaries for not only transgender stories, but every one of them are have pedophilia as the main plot element.

"13-year-old Jimmy gets caught dressing in his mother's clothes and smoking her cigarettes. Is he a big girl now?"

I have to go vomit now.
guy
This Slim V (note the space - not Slimv) is clearly osessed with smoking so the name probably comes from Virginia Slims.
blissyu2
QUOTE(guy @ Sun 29th July 2007, 8:40pm) *

This Slim V (note the space - not Slimv) is clearly osessed with smoking so the name probably comes from Virginia Slims.

Who is to say that SlimVirgin on Wikipedia didn't get her name from Virginia Slims too? It still has SlimVirgin in it...

That then suggests that its one of those names that you get when you look around the room for something and then there you go.
Chris Croy
QUOTE(blissyu2 @ Sun 29th July 2007, 2:37am) *

Who is to say that SlimVirgin on Wikipedia didn't get her name from Virginia Slims too? It still has SlimVirgin in it...

That then suggests that its one of those names that you get when you look around the room for something and then there you go.

I believe it has been established that SlimVirgin took her name and several others from some particular mythological correspondence.
blissyu2
QUOTE(Chris Croy @ Sun 29th July 2007, 11:10pm) *

QUOTE(blissyu2 @ Sun 29th July 2007, 2:37am) *

I believe it has been established that SlimVirgin took her name and several others from some particular mythological correspondence.

What mythological correspondence is that?
guy
QUOTE(blissyu2 @ Sun 29th July 2007, 3:07pm) *

http://www.indonesiaphoto.com/content/view/122/42/
Herschelkrustofsky
QUOTE(guy @ Sun 29th July 2007, 7:31am) *

QUOTE(blissyu2 @ Sun 29th July 2007, 3:07pm) *

http://www.indonesiaphoto.com/content/view/122/42/

Early versions of her talk page had a long-winded explanation of the myth. I was about to link to one of those early versions, and Surprise! The edit history of her talk page has been admin-deleted prior to fall 2006.
blissyu2
Oh yeah, that bullshit thing. I never believed that story for a second. As if that's why she decided on the name. It's a bit like me saying "The reason why I chose the name HorneeSexxxGodd is because it's the name of a Black Sabbath song that I really like - it has nothing to do with me trying to pick up chicks or anything like that, honest..."

I think you're pretty naive if you think that that temple has anything to do with her name. I mean, is she Indonesian? Has she been to Indonesia? Why pick an English translation of an Indonesian name?

She never explained it properly at all. She made something up to suit the name.

I mean let's see what it says:

The main temple in the Prambanan complex is Candi Shiva Mahadeva, also known as Loro Jonggrang, which means "the slim virgin". According to legends there was once a princess called Loro Jonggrang who promised a man that if he could build her a temple in only one night he would be allowed to marry her. He actually built the temple on time, but the princess announced the dawn much too early. The man became so angry because of this that he turned the princess into stone, and the statue inside this large temple is supposedly the princess herself.

So did she pick it because this is what she is like? Or what? Because she likes to be a damsel in distress and manipulate people?
Chris Croy
Here's a much more rational hypothesis: Slim Virgin is a normal human being with hobbies and interests. One of her hobbies is comparative religions, including mythology. Ever noticed her edits to Islam, Judaism, Kwanzaa, Christianity, and other religion related articles? She probably just stumbled across the name one day and it stuck in her mind. When she came to Wikipedia/The Interweb, she picked Slim Virgin because it's obscure enough to never be taken by another user.

She probably has no real connection to the name; I'd guess she's an atheist anyway.
GlassBeadGame
QUOTE(Chris Croy @ Sun 29th July 2007, 11:34am) *

Here's a much more rational hypothesis: Slim Virgin is a normal human being with hobbies and interests. One of her hobbies is comparative religions, including mythology. Ever noticed her edits to Islam, Judaism, Kwanzaa, Christianity, and other religion related articles? She probably just stumbled across the name one day and it stuck in her mind. When she came to Wikipedia/The Interweb, she picked Slim Virgin because it's obscure enough to never be taken by another user.

She probably has no real connection to the name; I'd guess she's an atheist anyway.

Putting forward a pseudonymous identity named after mythological character is inviting analysis of what that choice tell you about the person. Given that the choice may involve deliberate mis-direction. I think that the myth is interesting, especially the aspect of inducing reliance and then abruptly changing the rules. The affective aspect of being "turned into stone" is also interesting. Then there is the over-demanding and unrealistic nature of the task itself.

Didn't mean to get all Bettelheim on your asses.
Daniel Brandt
http://www.wikipediareview.com/slimvirgin/userpage/
My name comes from the Javanese legend of Loro Jonggrang, the SlimVirgin, a princess who promised herself to a suitor if he would build her a magnificent temple containing 1,000 statues between sunset and dawn. The suitor called on genies to help him, but the princess cheated by having her servants make the sounds of dawn too soon, so that the cocks crowed early, and the genies ran away. In a rage, the suitor turned the SlimVirgin to stone, and the statue inside the Temple of the SlimVirgin in the Prambanan complex of temples is said to be the princess herself. Having learned her lesson, the SlimVirgin now prizes good faith above all.

There are a bunch of early user talk pages available if you move up a directory. I should probably read them all in light of all that has happened in the last year, to see if there's anything interesting. That last sentence is rather amusing.
LamontStormstar
QUOTE(Daniel Brandt @ Sun 29th July 2007, 11:42am) *

http://www.wikipediareview.com/slimvirgin/userpage/

There are a bunch of early user talk pages available if you move up a directory. I should probably read them all in light of all that has happened in the last year, to see if there's anything interesting. That last sentence is rather amusing.

I thought "We're not here to rewrite history ..." was funny coming from someone who does.

I also found funny "This user loves Poodles."

Both of these are gone from her userpage now.
blissyu2
I don't think that the name "SlimVirgin" is obscure at all. Slim and Virgin are probably two quite common names, and, had she not picked it first, someone else probably would have.
JohnA
The main temple in the Prambanan complex is Candi Shiva Mahadeva, also known as Loro Jonggrang, which means "the slim virgin"....

That neatly explains why she signed herself as "Candi" on the mailing list on at least one occasion.
blissyu2
Just so you know, I was looking through Wikipedia and I found a place where I'd heavily supported SlimVirgin:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Req...by_User:Zordrac

I certainly didn't have a "run-in" with her, at least not while I was an active member of Wikipedia.

I quit, and then was banned 2 months after that.
dtobias
QUOTE(blissyu2 @ Tue 31st July 2007, 3:07pm) *

Just so you know, I was looking through Wikipedia and I found a place where I'd heavily supported SlimVirgin:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Req...by_User:Zordrac

And I see that I endorsed your statement then... lots of strange bedfellows here.
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(GlassBeadGame @ Sun 29th July 2007, 2:03pm) *

Didn't mean to get all Bettelheim on your asses.

No, that would be gilting the jinny fer sure ...

Hee Haw ...

Jonny cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.