Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is SlimVirgin's middle name Elena?
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors > Notable editors > SlimVirgin
LamontStormstar
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contr...inda_Elena_Mack

Is Linda Mack's middle name Elena?
Somey
QUOTE(LamontStormstar @ Tue 31st July 2007, 2:24am) *
Is Linda Mack's middle name Elena?

I was under the impression it was "(middle name redacted)," but I have to admit that would be a really mean thing for her parents to have done.

Just think of the problems they'd have with monogramming!
GoodFaith
QUOTE(LamontStormstar @ Tue 31st July 2007, 12:24am) *

<spy music plays>

Danger is her middle name!

Linda Danger Mack
Disillusioned Lackey
Just decided to check this out. Look at Linda Elena Mack's edit history

Including "Linda's" last edit to "middle finger"

He kept adding the word "Hephastos" rock bands. Hephastos was a user who used to be good friends with the cabal (Raul, etc) got sick of being tag bot'-ed and told them to kiss off. His last post in 2006 on his talk page

Just delete every image I've ever uploaded here. Every last one of them. Do a bot search and just get rid of them. Screw this project. ~~

After that there was a hail of sockpuppets.

"Linda" has also been editing the talk page of Jon Awbrey and Johnny Cache with sockpuppet tags. Go figure.

After Hephestos quit, his user page was constantly vandalized.

Including this charming edit here.
Daniel Brandt
I have evidence that her middle initial is E. This listing from King's College at Cambridge used to read like this:

http://webdb.kings.cam.ac.uk/nonresidents/...sing.php?y=1980

Mr J.A. Bell
Mrs C.A. Campbell
Miss E.J. Davies
Dr J.A. Ellis
Mr R. Kalaswad
Miss L.E. Mack ---------------> Middle initial is 'E'
Mr R. Pardo-Maurer
Dr D.D. Pigram
Miss G.E. Smith
Mr J.R. Spain

But this list is now purged of Mack's name, just as "Linda Mack" and the slimvirgin1@yahoo.com email address for it was purged from another page on that same site. That other page was page 23 at http://webdb.kings.cam.ac.uk/nonresidents/...ry/fulllist.php

Mouseover the email box for a name, and you will see what I'm talking about when I say that her defunct slimvirgin1@yahoo.com email address appeared on mouseover. You will also see why it was very fortuitous that this evidence was found at all. If you didn't know the name, which the WR member who discovered this didn't know at the time, you had to mousedown 23 pages deep to find a suspicious address. That slimvirgin1@yahoo.com address is the same email address that appeared on the slimvirgin.com domain registration, which was first registered on May 7, 2002 from a PO box in Swalwell, Alberta, Canada under the name S. McEwan.

Of course, be advised that Jimmy Wales would say that I was hallucinating this stuff for all the months that this information existed on this King's College site (during which time various members of this Board checked it out for themselves). We're all on acid here, and floating around in some fantasy world with our tin-foil hats, while people like Jimmy and Jayjg and SlimVirgin are grounded completely in reality — as proven by the fact that they're busy making all the world's information available to all the world's people!

If we know what we're talking about, how come we haven't created an encyclopedia?

blissyu2
Have you tried looking at http://web.archive.org/ ? Or is that wiped too?
guy
Are there credible grounds for us to write to the college asking them to confirm that Linda Elena Mack was a student there?

Do we have reason to believe that the editor behind User:Linda Elena Mack has inside info? Do any of the accounts have e-mail enabled so we can contact him/her?
Daniel Brandt
QUOTE(guy @ Tue 31st July 2007, 2:35pm) *

Are there credible grounds for us to write to the college asking them to confirm that Linda Elena Mack was a student there?

Do we have reason to believe that the editor behind User:Linda Elena Mack has inside info? Do any of the accounts have e-mail enabled so we can contact him/her?

You can email the person listed on this page who keeps the directory, and ask her what happened to the Linda Mack listing, and ask if Mack has a middle name. Of course, by the time you see this Linda might have contacted her first, but that would also be interesting. If the request was supposedly from Mack, ask if she verified this with a phone number or can produce a signature. Use your best British accent for extra credibility.
KamrynMatika
wow you guys really are clutching at straws.
Nathan
Well, do you have a better idea?
SqueakBox
QUOTE(Daniel Brandt @ Tue 31st July 2007, 9:01pm) *

QUOTE(guy @ Tue 31st July 2007, 2:35pm) *

You can email the person listed on this page who keeps the directory, and ask her what happened to the Linda Mack listing, and ask if Mack has a middle name. Of course, by the time you see this Linda might have contacted her first, but that would also be interesting. If the request was supposedly from Mack, ask if she verified this with a phone number or can produce a signature. Use your best British accent for extra credibility.

I think the evidence is overwhelming from her user and talk page that Slim is a British home school teenager ohmy.gif Surprised an inteeligent man like you never figured it out Daniel but what with all those galloping horses and of course she has taken a highly commedable teenage commitment to be a virgin and is slim.
WordBomb
QUOTE(blissyu2 @ Tue 31st July 2007, 10:01am) *

Have you tried looking at http://web.archive.org/ ? Or is that wiped too?
The page where it appeared is created in php and compiled dynamically, so there's only one url for 42 possible pages, and Slim's appeared at around page 25 originally. Because the Wayback Machine only archives flat html (and not databases) the only version you'll find there is the main page.

So yes, that directory exists at archive.org, but it does not include the record of Linda Mack.
SqueakBox
QUOTE(Nathan @ Tue 31st July 2007, 11:47pm) *

Well, do you have a better idea?

See my definitely better idea al blink.gif ready posted
Disillusioned Lackey
QUOTE(Daniel Brandt @ Tue 31st July 2007, 3:01pm) *

Are there credible grounds for us to write to the college asking them to confirm that Linda Elena Mack was a student there? Do we have reason to believe that the editor behind User:Linda Elena Mack has inside info? Do any of the accounts have e-mail enabled so we can contact him/her?

This is going to be an unpopular point of view, but: why?
  • You know Linda Mack went to Cambridge.
  • You know Slimvirgin went to Cambridge
  • You know Linda Mack was a philosophy Phd student
  • You know Slimvirgin has a philosophy graduate level degree
  • You know Linda Mack was involved with Pan Am 103 investigations, ABC reporters, and Julian Benello (Mack's boyfriend who died on the plane)
  • You know Slimvirgin wrote about Pan Am investigations, ABC reporters, and Julian Benello (Mack's boyfriend who died on the plane)
  • You know Linda Mack knew of Brandt and Namebase
  • Slimvirgin wrote the stub on Brandt and Namebase
  • You know that when Wikipediareview wrote about Linda Macks name being on the Cambridge website (with the slimvirgin email) that it was suddenly taken down - and the rest of the page remains.
  • Five (+/-) people who are not Daniel Brandt have verified Linda Macks relationship to Pan Am. Books validate this. Some of the people in question mention the huge affect this had on her life.

Answring the question: No, there are no credible grounds for contacting Linda, unless she won the lottery, and you work for the lottery, or unless you are her long lost family member, or unless you are her ex-boyfriend who wants to try to date her again, or whatever. Even then, she could still say no – but those are reasons for contacting her.

You know what you know. What more would contacting the school do? Or talking to her?

I don't think that any more information from Cambridge such as "oh yes, she asked us to remove the listing" would make a difference. What would you say to them? You know her any you are trying to find her? I understand looking people up on the internet, or even contacting them, if there is a valid reason - but there isn't a clear outcome from this contact - and she's made it abundantly clear that she doesn't want contact. That makes this stalking.

What do you want her to say to you? Or rather, what could she possibly say to you? She'll probably say, "leave me alone, you (expletive deleted), or I'll call the cops", and she'll never give you what you want - which is a full admission of being a spy who purposefully manipulates content. What you really want is a piece of physical information, which proves that she's curently an intelligence agent, hired for the sole purpose of disinformation on Wikipedia. Until you have that, all you know is that Slimvirgin is Linda Mack. If it is true that she's an agent manipulating Wikipedia, the paper probably doesn't exist. If it exists, you'll probably never find it.

Even if she is/was a spy, and you could prove that, you would also need to prove that her spy job involved Wikipedia manipulation. She could be a spy - but a spy who likes to have a power trip online (and paid for it with her cover). So generally, you are stuck at having got even with her by outing her name, as payback for how she treated many people.

I think that contacting her, or Cambridge, only makes you look bad. It makes you look like stalkers to uninvolved third parties, who don't know what on-wiki harassment is. She's probably told them that she's being bothered, and to take her name down. I just wonder what is the objective of contacting her directly, or asking the school to repeat what you already know with certainty (that she went there during those years) from the website, from books, from Cooley, and others. You can do what you want, but at least be clear on what you want from the exercise - and that you aren't going to wind up looking like the bad guy in this story.

LamontStormstar
Can't we just hire a private detective to visit in person, find her phone number, house, etc. take pictures.
Daniel Brandt
QUOTE(Disillusioned Lackey @ Tue 31st July 2007, 6:42pm) *

I think that contacting her, or Cambridge, only makes you look bad. It makes you look like stalkers to uninvolved third parties, who don't know what on-wiki harassment is. She's probably told them that she's being bothered, and to take her name down. I just wonder what is the objective of contacting her directly, or asking the school to repeat what you already know with certainty (that she went there during those years) from the website, from books, from Cooley, and others. You can do what you want, but at least be clear on what you want from the exercise - and that you aren't going to wind up looking like the bad guy in this story.

What the hell is on-wiki harassment? I'll tell you what harassment is. It's starting a bio on someone who doesn't want a bio, and requiring him to spend 20 months of hard work to get it taken down.

If Slim caught me outside her house with a camera, and called the cops, my reaction would be, "Thank you, Slim. Now I can get a copy of the police report and your real name will be on it, or you'll be guilty of lying to the police."

Disillusioned Lackey is not operating in the real world. People, whether they're process servers, or investigative journalists, or private gumshoes, or papparazzi, or police, use cameras and tape recorders all the time to get information. If you're not trespassing, it's basically legal.

Wiki-stalking? To hell with Wikipedia — what a curious little video game it is. No, I'm talking about Real World Research. To give any special privileges to any Wikipedia editor at all is to claim that Wikipedia's benefits for civil society are so overwhelming, that editors deserve special legal privileges and extra legal space, to set them apart from legal standards that have evolved over hundreds of years.

And if you believe that, then you have it backwards. Wikipedia is a blight on civil society, and it desperately needs to be reformed.
Joseph100
QUOTE(Daniel Brandt @ Tue 31st July 2007, 8:51pm) *

Wikipedia is a blight on civil society, and it desperately needs to be reformed.

Amen.... Wikipedia is a blight and presents a "Clear and Present Danger" to the
internet and society as a whole.

The law should be changed, and Wikipedia and all it's admins, answerable to the rule of law.
blissyu2
The sad thing is that there are cyber stalkers on Wikipedia. Antaeus Feldspar and Lulu of the Lotus-Eaters spring to mind immediately. However, both of these stalk on behalf of SlimVirgin, so they have free reign to do whatever they like. Anyone who they stalk has a chance of being labelled as a wiki-stalker, which is really sad really.

I don't think that Wikipedia really understands what stalking really is. Stalking isn't investigating who someone is. Stalking is illegitimate harassment, threats, intimidation, following you around everywhere and so forth. The kinds of things that Antaeus Feldspar and Lulu of the Lotus-Eaters do in bulk.

I don't know who else does it. Adam Carr perhaps? But I am sure that there are others.

These people are serious menaces, but they are allowed to do it.

Of course, occasionally Wikipedia does ban actual stalkers too, people like Amorrow for example. Luckily, Amorrow wasn't protected by SlimVirgin, so was able to be exposed.
Infoboy
QUOTE(Daniel Brandt @ Tue 31st July 2007, 7:51pm) *

Wiki-stalking? To hell with Wikipedia — what a curious little video game it is. No, I'm talking about Real World Research. To give any special privileges to any Wikipedia editor at all is to claim that Wikipedia's benefits for civil society are so overwhelming, that editors deserve special legal privileges and extra legal space, to set them apart from legal standards that have evolved over hundreds of years.

Bravo!
SqueakBox
QUOTE(LamontStormstar @ Wed 1st August 2007, 1:12am) *

Can't we just hire a private detective to visit in person, find her phone number, house, etc. take pictures.

Not if she is underage tongue.gif
jdrand
QUOTE(LamontStormstar @ Tue 31st July 2007, 6:12pm) *

Wouldn't that be kind of stalker-ish?
blissyu2
QUOTE(jdrand @ Sat 4th August 2007, 12:48pm) *

QUOTE(LamontStormstar @ Tue 31st July 2007, 6:12pm) *

Wouldn't that be kind of stalker-ish?

Hiring private detectives is perfectly legal.

This all reminds me of a case on Judge Judy, where the two sides was that one side, who I'll call "betty" owed lots of money to the other side "Anne", and "Betty" was counter suing for harassment by "Anne".

Anne was able to prove that Betty owed her I think it was $10,000 from various overdue rent payments, borrowing things and then not returning them, and so forth. There was a money trail, it was definite, and Betty wasn't able to disprove any of it.

Betty on the other hand produced tape recordings of Anne asking for the money back, and then Betty saying "Do not contact me again - this is harassment!" and then Betty contacting the authorities and reporting that she was being stalked. Betty got a restraining order out against Anne, got Anne charged with stalking, got Anne put in prison briefly for stalking, and Anne is not permitted to contact Betty ever again.

And guess what? Judge Judy said that in the end Betty is required by law to repay the $10,000, and in fact the previous judgements were entirely wrong. You *CAN* harass people for legal means. If you have a legitimate legal reason to contact someone, they cannot in any circumstance ever suggest that it is harassment, stalking, or anything else. It is legal. Betty owed Anne money, therefore Anne is allowed to bother her.

All of the previous charges against Anne were overturned, and on top of that Betty was also charged with perversion of justice and forced to spend time in prison for it.

And that is really, quite clearly, what should happen in this kind of case.

If somehow SlimVirgin was able to get someone arrested (there are poor quality judges etc, so it is theoretically possible), then she could then face prison time for doing it.

There is a difference between me saying "Hey, can you loan me $10,000" as opposed to me saying "Hey, you owe me $10,000, can you give it back to me?". In the first case, continuing to do it can be harassment, while in the second case, provided that you really owe me $10,000, it can never be harassment.
dtobias
Since Judge Judy is a TV judge rather than a real one, she doesn't actually have the power to impose or overturn criminal penalties, criminal records, or jail time. She just has the power to award money damages due to the parties in cases signing an agreement with the TV producers to abide by such things.
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(dtobias @ Sat 4th August 2007, 12:05am) *

Since Judge Judy is a TV judge rather than a real one, she doesn't actually have the power to impose or overturn criminal penalties, criminal records, or jail time. She just has the power to award money damages due to the parties in cases signing an agreement with the TV producers to abide by such things.

Yeah, I get the feeling it would all go a bit differently on Judge Jimbo's TV Game Show.

Jonny cool.gif
GlassBeadGame
QUOTE(Jonny Cache @ Fri 3rd August 2007, 10:10pm) *

Yeah, I get the feeling it would all go a bit differently on Judge Jimbo's TV Game Show.

Jonny cool.gif

I think Hollywood Squares ArbCom would be a hoot. Original B list Hollywood type celebs as ArbCom members. 3 member in a row in any direction to win. Strategy could be more important. Merkey calls on Paul Lynn to block. Fred Bauder as GSH.
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(GlassBeadGame @ Sat 4th August 2007, 12:22am) *

Jonny cool.gif

I think Hollywood Squares ArbCom would be a hoot. Original B list Hollywood type celebs as ArbCom members. 3 member in a row in any direction to win. Strategy could be more important. Merkey calls on Paul Lynn to block. Fred Bauder as GSH.

I'm thinking of something more like Bizarro Jeopardy — any contestant who answers a question correctly gets eliminated from the game.

Jonny cool.gif
GlassBeadGame
QUOTE(Jonny Cache @ Fri 3rd August 2007, 10:28pm) *

QUOTE(GlassBeadGame @ Sat 4th August 2007, 12:22am) *

Jonny cool.gif

I'm thinking of something more like Bizarro Jeopardy — any contestant who answers a question correctly gets eliminated from the game.

Jonny cool.gif

I'll take Pokemon for 2,000 edits, Alex.
groody
QUOTE(blissyu2 @ Wed 1st August 2007, 5:16am) *
Stalking is illegitimate harassment, threats, intimidation, following you around everywhere and so forth. The kinds of things that Antaeus Feldspar and Lulu of the Lotus-Eaters do in bulk.

Oh, really? I didn't know that. I've had dealings with LotLE off-wiki, and although I thought he was wierd, not nearly as smart as he thought he was, and generally a bit of an arsehole (well, a lot of an arsehole, actually), I didn't think he was *that* fucked-up. Bung us a link or two, please? Might come in handy, y'know, "later".

f
guy
It was Lulu who brought on the first Poetlister ban by beating up her friend RachelBrown and inviting SlimVirgin to help him.
blissyu2
If you can see deleted links, go and look at User:Zordrac/Poetlister, which demonstrated it in bulk. SlimVirgin deleted this as "an attack page", and then weeks later Poetlister was banned a second, final time, with no page of evidence to be able to prove her innocence. I could I suppose go through and create the page again, but it took over 60 hours to make, so I don't really have that kind of time to do it again, you know?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.