Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Perfect example of admin abuse, but why ask SlimeVermin for help with it?
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
LamontStormstar
An admin bullies a new user, is uncommunicative, makes sockpuppetry claims, then the admin bullies the guy who is teaching the user. The person who is teaching the new user is afraid to speak to the admin because anything you say on wikipedia, an admin can claim it is trolling, harassment, personal attacks, etc. even if you just say "hi".

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=149066988

==i need your help==
+ An apprentice of mine, the [[User:wikimindless]] is going on in a fued between [[User:anetode]]. Anetode is an administrator, so he can get away with this abuse. He keeps deleting my apprentice's articles without discussing or improving on them. when he asks him question, he gets mad and blames for SockPuppetry, and that he uses [[user: Awsometrex]]. so once his ban got lifted he wrote an article about the site deletions, which got Anetode even more mad. We then got into a big arguement over vandalism and that he could never improve wikipedia. So [[User:wikimindless]] got his account back and went right back to fixing articles, I was very impressed becasue I thought he would go right to [[User:Anetode]]'s page and start vandalising it. but instead he apologised. so I gave him a barnstar, the Resiliant Barnstar (one for working despite bad reputation) and that made Anetode really mad, so know he says ''I'm'' his new sockpuppet. it is very wrong that Anetode can manipulate wikipedia like this and I find that this is insulting that my apprentice is going through this. I am afraid to talk to Anetode myself because he would find someway to ban me for it. I need your help to unban his account asap so me and him can finish working on a project. I teach senior citizens powerpoint, exel, word... etc. one of my meeting points is the library, where they provide me with a computer. My wikipedia account as well as wikimindless are made on these computers. Sometimes he helps me show senor citizens how to use wikipedia as well as other programs like myspace and flickr. I need his account unblocked so he can help me finish teaching this semester becasue I have to big of a class. it was hard enough to go through the first time with him having a blocked account. If you help me, I will be eternally in your debt. Please help, I'm practically begging you[[User:Wormdoggy|Wormdoggy]] 12:59, 4 August 2007 (UTC)

The only thing is, why is the guy asking SlimVirgin for help? SlimVirgin will make sure they both get banned. Then she'll send Jayjg in there to put sock puppet tags on both their pages.

guy
But suppose, for whatever reason, she chooses to take this chap's side against Anetode - who better to have in your corner?
blissyu2
Well, this is a bit similar to what happened with Poetlister. Why did Poetlister ask me for help with dealing with SlimVirgin? Because she had seen, per my comments on the admin noticeboard, on SlimVirgin's user talk page, and on her Request for Comment made by Rangerdude, that I had vehemently supported her, and, on top of that, I had been supportive to many other people on Wikipedia dealing with similar issues. Poetlister felt that I would be neutral, if not take SlimVirgin's side, and hence if I agreed with her then it would have weight. That was why she asked me, because I was on SlimVirgin's side.

If you ask someone for help who is already an enemy of the person you are opposing, then it might help you short term, as they support you, but then you both get banned.

Of course, with someone like SlimVirgin, if you ask for help from one of her friends, and they help you, then SlimVirgin bans both of you anyway.

But that would be why they were asking SlimVirgin for help. It makes sense.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.