Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: For a good time read . . .
> Wikimedia Discussion > Articles
Jonny Cache
Yeah, SwatJester is full of 'em.

Yet another gem from his/her talk page:

I did not realize the block time had expired, apologies. That said, while attempting to whitewash your history is not against policy, it's certainly not something that reflects highly on you or your actions. ⇒ SWATJester Denny Crane. 16:23, 10 August 2007 (UTC)

Maybe SJ — hmmm, coincidence ??? — should try telling that to SlimVirgin ...

Jonny cool.gif
Nathan
You probably instead want User:Pleasantville/User_talk_2-23-07_to_8-8-07 as it was archived.
Kathryn Cramer
QUOTE(Nathan @ Sun 12th August 2007, 11:00pm) *

You probably instead want User:Pleasantville/User_talk_2-23-07_to_8-8-07 as it was archived.

No. The current one is something that should be a WP headquote. (Certainly there are other good lines back in various archive. But nothing approaching the zen koan purity of this.)

GlassBeadGame
QUOTE(Kathryn Cramer @ Sun 12th August 2007, 9:13pm) *

QUOTE(Nathan @ Sun 12th August 2007, 11:00pm) *

No. The current one is something that should be a WP headquote. (Certainly there are other good lines back in various archive. But nothing approaching the zen koan purity of this.)

Yes, it wouldn't do for a Wikipedians to "show their knowledge."
BobbyBombastic
it's not showing blank for me, but in case it is for anyone else here is a screen to what I think Kathryn is talking about.

[imgx]http://www.picsaway.com/uploads/pleasantville-750209365c.png[/imgx]
Somey
Well, this is nothing more than simple nitpicking harassment by this "Swatjester" dude. The main argument appears to be here, in which Swatjester is apparently trying to suggest that Hugo awards are awarded to publications, not to people, which presumably means that the people producing the publications are supposed to sit there quietly at the awards dinner whilst copies of the winning publications miraculously sprout legs, walk up to the podium, and give acceptance speeches.

I'd have to assume that Kathryn's participation here has something to do with it, but presumably Mr. Swat is clever enough to not leave anything around history-wise that would allow someone to prove that.
Nathan
QUOTE(BobbyBombastic @ Mon 13th August 2007, 1:15am) *

it's not showing blank for me, but in case it is for anyone else here is a screen to what I think Kathryn is talking about.

That was new. I kept hitting a blank page before.
Jonny Cache
Damn screenshots !!! Now I have to break a sweat shifting the horizontal scroll bar for the rest of the thread. A simple quote box is sufficient among friends — it's not like it's a wikiphederal case or anything.

Anyway, SwatJester appears to be the sort of Wikiprig Xtraordinaire that can symptomize nothing so much as a wikiprepubescent 12 year old who just ain't getting laid yet.

Check out this wikipetulant harassment of soon2BXwikipedian Steven Andrew Miller.

Jonny cool.gif
Jonny Cache
Then again, you have to wonder about people who will eat up Wikiprecious diskspace with elaborate signatures that get pasted at the end of every signed post:

[[User:Swatjester|<font color="red">&rArr;</font>]] [[User_talk:Swatjester|<font face="Euclid Fraktur"><font color="black">SWAT</font><font color="goldenrod">Jester</font></font>]] [[WP:CLIMBING|<small><sup>Denny Crane.</sup></small>]]

I've seen worse, of course — DennyColt, I think, wasted many more bytes than that, but it's been a while, so I can't be sure if that was the one I saw ...

Jonny cool.gif
GlassBeadGame
QUOTE(Jonny Cache @ Mon 13th August 2007, 5:30am) *

Then again, you have to wonder about people who will eat up Wikiprecious diskspace with elaborate signatures that get pasted at the end of every signed post:

[[User:Swatjester|<font color="red">&rArr;</font>]] [[User_talk:Swatjester|<font face="Euclid Fraktur"><font color="black">SWAT</font><font color="goldenrod">Jester</font></font>]] [[WP:CLIMBING|<small><sup>Denny Crane.</sup></small>]]

I've seen worse, of course — DennyColt, I think, wasted many more bytes than that, but it's been a while, so I can't be sure if that was the one I saw ...

Jonny cool.gif

Well this will only get worse. [[User:Armed Blowfish | Alarmed Bullshit]] has issued directives on which colors are calming and which upsetting on his fragile and bruised Psyche. If insensitive users fail to use "AB Safe" colors in their signatures they are in effect community banning AB.
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(GlassBeadGame @ Mon 13th August 2007, 10:41am) *

QUOTE(Jonny Cache @ Mon 13th August 2007, 5:30am) *

[[User:Swatjester|<font color="red">⇒</font>]] [[User_talk:Swatjester|<font face="Euclid Fraktur"><font color="black">SWAT</font><font color="goldenrod">Jester</font></font>]] [[WP:CLIMBING|<small><sup>Denny Crane.</sup></small>]]

Jonny cool.gif

Well this will only get worse. [[User:Armed Blowfish|Alarmed Bullshit]] has issued directives on which colors are calming and which upsetting on his fragile and bruised Psyche. If insensitive users fail to use "AB Safe" colors in their signatures they are in effect community banning AB.

Goldenrod ?

GOLDENROD !!!

Cachoo !!!

Jonny cool.gif
GlassBeadGame
QUOTE(Jonny Cache @ Mon 13th August 2007, 9:00am) *

Goldenrod ?

GOLDENROD !!!

Cachoo !!!

Jonny cool.gif

Bless you, Jonny.
Kathryn Cramer

He got really mad when I called him Denny. I just thought it was his first name.
GlassBeadGame
That has occurred to me too.
BobbyBombastic
QUOTE(Jonny Cache @ Mon 13th August 2007, 7:16am) *

Damn screenshots !!! Now I have to break a sweat shifting the horizontal scroll bar for the rest of the thread. A simple quote box is sufficient among friends — it's not like it's a wikiphederal case or anything.

Increase your screen resolution so you can actually see something, Jonny! mad.gif
Jonny Cache
Just for the record — and with a bit of luck a whole new paradigm in conspiracy data — here's one of DennyColt's old sigs:

CODE

<font color="#0000C0">[[User:DennyColt|Denny]]</font> <sup><i>(<font color="#7A1616">[[User_talk:DennyColt|talk]]</font>)</i></sup>

I was thinking that there was one that was a Really Big Shew, and some Ædmin complained about it, but maybe that was somebody else.

Jonny cool.gif
Robster
Kathryn mailed SwatHead's quote to Teresa Nielsen-Hayden, who posted it in her Making Light blog, and the gleeful teeing off on Wikipedia in the comments is a joy to behold. smile.gif

http://nielsenhayden.com/makinglight/archives/009274.html
Kathryn Cramer
QUOTE(Robster @ Mon 13th August 2007, 10:00pm) *

Kathryn mailed SwatHead's quote to Teresa Nielsen-Hayden, who posted it in her Making Light blog, and the gleeful teeing off on Wikipedia in the comments is a joy to behold. smile.gif

http://nielsenhayden.com/makinglight/archives/009274.html

David Gerard showed up to chat and left in a huff.
papaya
... and it became another BADSITES action.

THere's another going on with Don Murphy, who has some beef about some WP editor somewhere on his personal website.
jdrand
QUOTE(papaya @ Fri 31st August 2007, 7:01am) *

... and it became another BADSITES action.

THere's another going on with Don Murphy, who has some beef about some WP editor somewhere on his personal website.

Don Murphy, aka ColScott, has joined the Wikipedia Review, see "ColScott says Hola" thread in General Discussion forum.
AB
QUOTE(GlassBeadGame @ Mon 13th August 2007, 2:41pm) *
Well this will only get worse. [[User:AB | Alarmed Bullshit]] has issued directives on which colors are calming and which upsetting on his fragile and bruised Psyche. If insensitive users fail to use "AB Safe" colors in their signatures they are in effect community banning AB.

No, I am already community banned. I am annoyed at the colours of the banning
notice. Getting banned is upsetting enough without WP waving a red flag in front
of you.
GlassBeadGame
QUOTE(AB @ Mon 5th November 2007, 10:50am) *

QUOTE(GlassBeadGame @ Mon 13th August 2007, 2:41pm) *
Well this will only get worse. [[User:AB | Alarmed Bullshit]] has issued directives on which colors are calming and which upsetting on his fragile and bruised Psyche. If insensitive users fail to use "AB Safe" colors in their signatures they are in effect community banning AB.

No, I am already community banned. I am annoyed at the colours of the banning
notice. Getting banned is upsetting enough without WP waving a red flag in front
of you.

Yes, I was pretty harsh toward you during that period. It was over the "second rape" comments. I saw these comments as over blown hyperbole being used to shield SlimVirgin from legitimate attempts at determining her IRL identity relating to her POV pushing and abusive conduct. This wasn't exactly what you were saying but it was being picked up and used by others on wikien-l in that manner. I felt that your "font color" concerns where rather emo and trivial and that the level of concern for the sensitivities you where seeking would stifle inquiry.

Don't they still deny that they have banned you in any manner on WP? Are you "moderated" on wikien-l?
AB
QUOTE(GlassBeadGame @ Mon 5th November 2007, 4:09pm) *
Yes, I was pretty harsh toward you during that period. It was over the "second rape" comments. I saw these comments as over blown hyperbole being used to shield SV from legitimate attempts at determining her IRL identity relating to her POV pushing and abusive conduct. This wasn't exactly what you were saying but it was being picked up and used by others on wikien-l in that manner.

Do you know what 'the second rape' means? It isn't rape, and it isn't something
perpetrated by an individual, or even one's enemies. It is something done to one by
those who ought to have supported one - family, friends, etc. It also only applies to
certain kinds of reasoning, i.e. 'by being attacked, you are hurting WP. You should
therefore go away, for the good of the encyclopaedia, but since those who truly love
WP will never leave, you should come back on another account, so you won't give
us any trouble, and continue to contribute.'

Evidence that Ms. SV is compassionate

And we were discussing the ethics of personal information collection and publication
over in this thread.

I felt that your "font color" concerns where rather emo and trivial and that the level of concern for the sensitivities you where seeking would stifle inquiry.

It was a small request. It would've cost them absolutely nothing to change it. Their
failure to do so demonstrates sadisticness.

Don't they still deny that they have banned you in any manner on WP? Are you "moderated" on wikien-l?

I don't know if they still deny it - the people who were denying it before aren't talking
to me now. In any case, most of Tor is still hardblocked, I've been long banned from
asking OTRS for page blankings/deletions on the threat that an AN/I will be filed
against me if I do, my account is indefinitely blocked with e-mail disabled, and no, I
can't post on wikien-l.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.