Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Essay
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
jdrand
I have written an essay on the trouble wikth Wikipedia, especially the English Wikipedia. I also have it copied on Simple English Wikipedia, see here. It shows that the true problem is the kind of government (read:dictatorship) that runs Wikipedia, not the idea. It reminds me of a true dictatorship, saying something, and breaking that rule completely. The word for this is

H Y P O C R I S Y
, and the admins know. They just don't want to say.
Nathan
I have an essay written too & it's mostly done. I suppose I'll get around to doing something with it when I can be bothered (when I'm bored and have no choice).

I like yours. Yours is much shorter.
jdrand
QUOTE(Nathan @ Wed 15th August 2007, 8:52pm) *

I have an essay written too & it's mostly done. I suppose I'll get around to doing something with it when I can be bothered (when I'm bored and have no choice).

I like yours. Yours is much shorter.

Thank you. It is now deleted on Simple.wikipedia, followed by a 3-day block. mmmm
jdrand
It is now on Miscellany for deletion, which I call Requests for censorship. Someone else Put it on the English WP, without my knowing (I don't care, Public Domain), while I am still blocked over there. It is now on Requests for censorship. An anon IP, posted on my wiki, here, and their IP address was later found out to be a vandal. Nathan, could you please show me your essay? I'd like to see it.
jorge
QUOTE(jdrand @ Thu 16th August 2007, 4:49am) *

It reminds me of a true dictatorship, saying something, and breaking that rule completely..

Actually that reminds me of most democracies.
Rochelle
QUOTE(jdrand @ Thu 16th August 2007, 12:04am) *

Thank you. It is now deleted on Simple.wikipedia, followed by a 3-day block. mmmm

From what I see, the blocked wasn't because of the essay. It was becuase of your commentsto Archer7.
blissyu2
QUOTE(Rochelle @ Tue 21st August 2007, 6:29am) *

From what I see, the blocked wasn't because of the essay. It was becuase of your commentsto Archer7.

I don't think so, given that there were no comments to Archer7: http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:C...ions/Ionas68224

The block was purely because of the essay.

As for the essay itself, I think it was oversimplifying the problem, without enough structure and didn't really give enough examples. It was okay, but was really demonstrating too much bias, and only demonstrating one side of the story. Whilst links are all good and fine, they should be in the form of quotes and proper Harvard references if it is meant to be a proper essay. I don't think it is really helpful to simply state things as fact when you don't really have adequate evidence to state them as fact.
jdrand
QUOTE(jorge @ Mon 20th August 2007, 12:43pm) *

QUOTE(jdrand @ Thu 16th August 2007, 4:49am) *

It reminds me of a true dictatorship, saying something, and breaking that rule completely..

Actually that reminds me of most democracies.

Anarchy is a true democracy, America is a "democracy gone wrong" with several tyrannical influences. WP reminds me of Sovioet Leninism, pretending to be "all for the people", but not so.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.