Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can anyone explain this block?
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
LamontStormstar
07:50, 12 August 2007 Ryulong (Talk | contribs) blocked "Sucksondong (contribs)" (autoblock disabled) with an expiry time of indefinite (To prevent impersonation)

The account Sucksondong has not been made yet. Googling "Sucksondong" finds nothing.

Why would this name be preblocked "To prevent impersonation" ?
blissyu2
Sucks on dick = Sucks on dong? It sounds like an inappropriate username.

Do you have links we can follow?
LamontStormstar
Hmmm okay I found something new

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...r%3ASucksondong

07:50, 12 August 2007 Ryulong (Talk | contribs) blocked "Sucksondong (contribs)" (autoblock disabled) with an expiry time of indefinite (To prevent impersonation)
07:49, 12 August 2007 Ryulong (Talk | contribs) created new account User:Sucksondong (Talk | contribs)

Odd.... It's obvious he has a purpose beyond just making every offensive name so he can block it.
Poetlister
Both names end in "ong"; is he going to block every possible name ending in "ong" in case it's an impersonation of him?
LamontStormstar
He did blacklist both unicode swasticas. Those things are nice to put in names and he ruined them.

There's a username blacklist spot admins can edit
Unrepentant Vandal
He likes to keep himself busy. He's a very special person like that.
blissyu2
Ryulong, Ryushort, Rymelong, Rymeshort, Isyulong, Isyushort, Ismelong, Ismeshort.

The variations are incredible, when you think about it. We could probably make a whole page full of variations if we wanted to.
The Joy
Don't forget Ryuwrong! smile.gif
Nathan
I like that one best of all.
everyking
To do such pointless things as creating inappropriate usernames just so you can block them, I think admin work has got to be some kind of fetish for you.
michael
To be serious, Ryulong has been imped quite a bit, and keeps a list of such impersonators: User:Ryulong/Impostor list. Creating and blocking a possible imp is a new one, though.
Somey
There's 55 names on that list, and nobody has thought of "Ryuwrong" yet? What's wrong with these people?

And where's "Catcher in the Ryulong" or "Ham on Ryulong"? I don't even see "Ryu de Janeiro" or "Ryulonger-than-he-is".... Or "Ryuaqualung," for Jethro Tull fans.

Needless to say, I'm disappointed.
guy
If Ryulong creates and blocks any of these, it will suggest that he reads WR.

LamontStormstar
QUOTE(guy @ Sun 19th August 2007, 9:08am) *

If Ryulong creates and blocks any of these, it will suggest that he reads WR.

You forgot he deleted my userpage simply because he was mad about my posts here.
Rochelle
QUOTE(LamontStormstar @ Fri 17th August 2007, 2:43pm) *

The account Sucksondong has not been made yet. Googling "Sucksondong" finds nothing.

Why would this name be preblocked "To prevent impersonation" ?

It's called a doppleganger, I think.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.