Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wikipedia Administrator JzG's New Wiki Rants About Trolls Etc.
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors > Notable editors > JzG
everyking
More like a list of what JzG's wrong about.
badlydrawnjeff
There's a not-too-subtle irony that JzG goes on to attack more people in his rant than I ever did when I was working at Encyclopedia Dramatica (namely, that I didn't attack anyone at WP while at ED, while this "troll" character seems to be getting quite a bit by name) and he won't get called out for it if he ever returns, yet I always had that spectre haunting me while I was off writing great articles.
the fieryangel
Guy Chapman goes right on saying the same old thing :

Similarly, we had a long-running dispute with Jean-Thierry Boisseau about the wp:list of major opera composers, a comprehensively referenced list. His problem? No women. Yup, absolutely right: the sources agree that the history of opera is one of white guys, mainly dead white guys at that. Wikipedia is not the place to fix problems with the real world, it's the place to document them. But, of course, if you try to point that out, you are immediately part of the Vast Conspiracy to Do Down the little guy, women, black people, Jews, neo-nazis or whatever other group is under discussion. And when a ton of shit is thrown by each of these advocates, only a tiny bit has to stick. Nobody is perfect. Nobody needs to be. But there is a world of difference between being slightly imperfect in some ways, and having frustrated advocates labelling you as anti-foo every time you start to discuss an even tangentially related concept.

In other words, "the circumstances made it acceptable to say that "no women were notable because none were on my IPod".

Well, Guy, the circumstances do not give you that right. The circumstances gave you the right to locate the sources (which people here could have pointed out to you) to show that there were notable women composers of opera. You chose instead to make a self-aggrandizing remark to show what an expert you are. You were then, rightly, called on the sexism of this remark.

This does not explain why it was necessary to redirect "turd burglar" to "gay", however. Nor does it explain the anti-Catholic or anti-transgendered statements.

Guy needs to just shut up and get on with his life. Clearly, he has no place on WP and did everyone a service by going away.
Emperor
Yeah and what's his beef with the Bowser article? This seems like the kind of article Wikipedia could keep making forever and it's win-win for everybody.
Cedric
QUOTE(badlydrawnjeff @ Fri 24th August 2007, 9:06am) *

There's a not-too-subtle irony that JzG goes on to attack more people in his rant than I ever did when I was working at Encyclopedia Dramatica (namely, that I didn't attack anyone at WP while at ED, while this "troll" character seems to be getting quite a bit by name) and he won't get called out for it if he ever returns, yet I always had that spectre haunting me while I was off writing great articles.

Actually, JzG's already back at it.
jorge
QUOTE(Avidor @ Fri 24th August 2007, 12:36pm) *

I notice the cartoon says Avidor in the top right corner and the poster was Avidor- so if that is your work Avidor BRAVO !!!! laugh.gif BRAVO !!!! cool.gif
JohnA
I agree with Guy Chapman. But it doesn't matter because its the model that's broken not the endless volumes of vandals and vandalism.

There is a fundmental asymmetry in humankind where ignorance outnumbers knowledge by a very wide margin. When the wiki model puts both on the same level and invokes WP:AGF and WP:NPOV the result is never, ever going to be in doubt.

Yes, there's something wrong with the fact that the Bowser article is many times larger than the Robert Hooke article - but it all goes to the heart of the problem of collaborative editing without prior filtering of who gets to edit.

I predict that JzG's next bout of depression will be more severe than the previous one, and he'll give up the SysOp bit and take a long wikibreak. (By the way Guy if you're reading this, I suffer from depression as well so it isn't a snark). He needs to do so because the pressure is relentless and the reward for doing so in terms of self-worth and self-esteem is getting ever smaller.

Maybe one day soon he'll stop flagellating himself and realise that Wikipedia is broken and that it will break him if he doesn't stop. There is nothing in Wikipedia that will remember him for what he's done because the next bigger tide of shit will obliterate it.

When he gets the message, then maybe the healing can begin.
blissyu2
JzG is wrong, but he is nonetheless heavily critical of Wikipedia. He should come here.

Perhaps JzG's biggest criticism is that in spite of his own obvious abuses, he still isn't banned, or even de-sysopped. I mean what kind of place wouldn't even ban a guy who is causing massive obvious abuse in an attempt to get himself banned?

JzG would be on my list for "If he ever gets banned, he needs to come here". But I would even suggest he should come here regardless.
Avidor
Thanks, some people who edit Wikipedia like "Atren" (A Transportation Enthusiast) do not like my comics.... to give you an idea what the kind of mischief PRT has caused watch this You Tube Video. If you question PRT, the PRTistas always cite the Wikipedia article on PRT... which they wrote!

If you read that Wikipedia page on Personal Rapid Transit, you'll never learn about the bizarre charactors that promoted PRT. Today, the Saint Cloud Times called for Rep. Mark Olson to resign.

FORUM Image
LamontStormstar
I thought JzG would complain about JB196, but he didn't.

He does support what I said earlier that one of the biggest problem with wikipedia is simply the people there.

He says:

What was making me unhappy was idiots. People who would rather extend the benefit of the doubt to someone with an average main space edit rate of two per week, than to someone who has spent many hundreds of hours trying to the best of their ability to make Wikipedia a better encyclopaedia. Fuckwits make it stressful, and people who come along to aid and abet that fuckwittedness make it joyless.

JzG complained a lot about Rfwoolf and I don't know who that is and the rant is really long but I first noticed Rfwoolf's userpage complains about anal stretching being protected from recreation. Which I found curious Rfwoolf is so interested in that.

Then I read JzG's rant.

JzG complained enitrely about Rfwoolf's obsession with the anal stretching article.

Rfwoolf, though, I only saw he got blocked 24 hours and that's it.

For strange and unknown reasons, JzG's wiki gives a blank version page: http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/wiki/Special:Version

JzG also has an attack page http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/wiki/Rfwoolf and even calls it that himself. I wonder if his site'll go on the blacklist now? So far admins have been immune from that, though.
Avidor
JzG complained enitrely about Rfwoolf's obsession with the anal stretching article.

"Anal stretching" apparently exists.... PRT doesn't.
LamontStormstar
QUOTE(Avidor @ Fri 24th August 2007, 7:25pm) *

PRT?
Avidor
PRT?

This is Personal Rapid Transit (PRT)
FORUM Image

LamontStormstar
QUOTE(Avidor @ Fri 24th August 2007, 8:34pm) *

That image looks like a shop.
blissyu2
QUOTE(Avidor @ Sat 25th August 2007, 12:55pm) *

Yeah, anal stretching, one of those things that you don't really want to get a mental picture in your head about. I could explain what it is, but then I'd get that horrible mental image in my head. Basically, its a sexual thing, one of those ones which 99% of the world thinks is so disgusting that it makes them sick to the stomach just to think about, but which to a few people is really exciting.
Avidor
Yeah, anal stretching, one of those things that you don't really want to get a mental picture in your head about.

Wikipedia already has an article about Anal stretching..

The above picture of the PRT "Skytran" station is Photoshopped and it is proudly displayed on theWikipedia Skytran page..

The website Wikipedia links to claims Skytran is chaeper than conventional modes of transit because A robot can build it.... .

FORUM Image
blissyu2
What does Skytran have to do with PRT or anything else? And Goatse isn't anal stretching. Its a picture of someone doing something like that, but it doesn't explain what anal stretching is. Wikipedia doesn't have an anal stretching article.
Avidor
QUOTE(blissyu2 @ Sat 25th August 2007, 2:10pm) *

What does Skytran have to do with PRT or anything else? And Goatse isn't anal stretching. Its a picture of someone doing something like that, but it doesn't explain what anal stretching is. Wikipedia doesn't have an anal stretching article.

You have to read this.... there's much more, but you will have to use Google.
LamontStormstar
QUOTE(Avidor @ Sat 25th August 2007, 1:39pm) *

QUOTE(blissyu2 @ Sat 25th August 2007, 2:10pm) *

You have to read this.... there's much more, but you will have to use Google.

Damn that site has an attack on ATren and then I see on one not just Looch, but http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/wiki/Jonathan_Barber spilling personal info!

JzG's personal site needs to get badsited.

But yet he's got it linked in his talk page!!!!! Permalink to current version http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=153677381
Avidor
JzG's personal site needs to get badsited

But yet he's got it linked in his talk page!!!!!.

You think that's bad?

ATren Links to his attack blog on me (Weinerwatch)on his user page.

His Wiki-pal Mr_Grant also has links to his attack blog

Both their attack blogs are linked to PRT sites and each other.

As far as I know, the only website that anyone reads that links to these attack blogs is Wikipedia... I've complained but nobody cares at Wikipedia.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.