Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who Or What Keeps Screwing With This Board ???
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
Jonny Cache
I'm just asking …

Jonny cool.gif

Test edit of first post on thread.

Jonny cool.gif
blissyu2
What's been happening?
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(blissyu2 @ Sun 26th August 2007, 11:40am) *

What's been happening?

See this post.

Jonny cool.gif

I can't get it to do the same thing again.

Move this to Review^2 to sort out later.

Jonny cool.gif
blissyu2
Oh, that's seriously weird. I've never seen that before.
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(blissyu2 @ Sun 26th August 2007, 11:51am) *

It could be I hit "reply" instead of "edit" and then edited that copy, which got merged, in which case I really need a break. Should not've stayed up to 3 AM playing with the Wikiscanner.

Jonny cool.gif
blissyu2
QUOTE(Jonny Cache @ Mon 27th August 2007, 2:26am) *

It could be I hit "reply" instead of "edit" and then edited that copy, which got merged, in which case I really need a break. Should not've stayed up to 3 AM playing with the Wikiscanner.

Jonny cool.gif

The buttons are all very close to each other.

That reminds me of when Lir was an admin on the old boards, and he kept pressing "Edit" instead of reply, and deleting everyone's posts by accident. We had to de-admin him over it.

If that's what you're doing, then you might never get to be a WR admin tongue.gif
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(blissyu2 @ Sun 26th August 2007, 12:10pm) *

QUOTE(Jonny Cache @ Mon 27th August 2007, 2:26am) *

Jonny cool.gif

The buttons are all very close to each other.

That reminds me of when Lir was an admin on the old boards, and he kept pressing "Edit" instead of reply, and deleting everyone's posts by accident. We had to de-admin him over it.

If that's what you're doing, then you might never get to be a WR admin tongue.gif

Admin !!! — I've been doing all I can to get banned, so I can dump my WiseGuy's Burden and go back to having a Real Life.

Jonny cool.gif
alienus

Maybe gross incompetence disqualifies him from being a WR admin, but I just know there's place for that sort of person among the WP admins!

Al
blissyu2
QUOTE(alienus @ Mon 27th August 2007, 6:41am) *

Maybe gross incompetence disqualifies him from being a WR admin, but I just know there's place for that sort of person among the WP admins!

Al

If only Jonny Cache would speak in English, then he'd have a chance of being a WR admin.

But I think he's great being a non-admin. We need some people who have no ambition of ever becoming admin.
Rochelle
QUOTE(blissyu2 @ Sun 26th August 2007, 4:18pm) *

We need some people who have no ambition of ever becoming admin.

Like me!
Nathan
Hey, I had no ambition before I was promoted.

Uhm....

I'll shaddap now. ermm.gif
Jonny Cache
Back when I had around 12,000 edits on Wikipedia and was still a MIGS — term redacted to avert the \/|/\GR/\ jokes — I expressly told folks that I had no wish to be an Admin. I think it's just one of the many things that wikipissed them off — How Dare He Think Adminship Isn't Worth Dying For !?

Okay Okay Pile It On !!!
Nada 2C, Move Along !!!

Can we please just move this to the β∠øøP∃R R∃∃∠ now and 4getaboutit !?

Jonny cool.gif
blissyu2
Hmm. I wish I knew how to get those strange symbols when I post. You must be l33t.

I have no desire to be an administrator anywhere. Well, perhaps if everyone was administrators, or if it meant less than it usually does, or if it was my own project. I still have ideas to start my talker again, one day, or maybe writing a mud. Then I'd be administrator. Although even then, I'd probably want to give it up once it got going.

This is actually probably the only place I've been to that I've ever been offered adminship. It's really quite surprising to me. And I can say that it feels better being offered it and declining than it would if I'd accepted it. I don't have responsibility here, which is great. And if I get suitably pissed off, I can just quit and delete all my posts, or abuse everyone until I get banned. Well, okay, I doubt that will happen now, but its still an option.

I always love, whenever I get suitably upset about somewhere, to leave in a flame of glory. Or when you go to ignore someone on ICQ, you send your last message:

"Fuck you you stupid prick, do you know how much I hate you? I hope that you shrivel up and die you old hag. God I never liked you. did you know that I was kidding the whole time? You are slime. you disgust me. Ha ha you'll never have any friends. Goodbye. You're on IGNORE ha ha I get the last word"

then press "ignore" before they get the chance to reply.

sometimes they are uber quick, which pisses me off, and then I have to write another big long message to REALLY quit.

I always prefer to do that, if I've decided to ignore someone. Its a good way to do things. It leaves you feeling good. Better than just ignoring them.

But yeah, okay, thats not the entire reason why I wouldn't become an administrator, but it is empowering anyway. I guess if I was ever admin somewhere and came to hate it, I'd probably still leave in a flame of glory.

Its actually really annoying that I didn't get to do that on Wikipedia. Really frigging annoying.
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(blissyu2 @ Sun 26th August 2007, 7:39pm) *

Hmm. I wish I knew how to get those strange symbols when I post. You must be l33t.

This board understands many HTML symbols &madash; for instance, these &mash; only you have to hit the Preview button once or twice to make them come through.

You can also get stuff off KeyCaps or CharacterMap.

Jonny cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.