I'm confused.

How is the WikiProject PlayStation not a blatant commercial-promotional space within Wikipedia?

If you love Sony, Wikipedia will let you put an advertisement for them on your Wikipedia User page!
FORUM Image

And, let's not forget some of the endorsements comments from members of this WikiProject:

Xtreme racer (talk · contribs) - (Love Playstation products. Own all the systems except Playstation 3. Will get it eventually. No reason not to join.)
Michael Mad (talk · contribs)-(A staunch defender and promoter of the Playstation 3, owns all three Sony home console systems.)
BrOnXbOmBr21 (talk · contribs) - Own PS, PS2, PS3 (60 GB...the only way to go); member of Gamer Advisory Panel @ PlayStation Underground, etc., so why not join?
Sam ov the blue sand (talk · contribs) - Owns a PS, PS2, PSP, and PS3 (60 GB, not the cheap one). And just about everything in my house is made by Sony.
TheN1Armyguy (talk · contribs) - I own a black PlayStation 2, black PlayStation Portable, black PlayStation 3 (60 GB), and my brother owns a white PlayStation Portable. My other brothers own a black PlayStation Portable, a Slim PlayStation 2, and another PlayStation 3 (60 GB). I also have a large amount of Sony products.
I own the original PlayStation, and a slimline PlayStation 2. I can help out anywhere I can.--カラム 07:22, 17 May 2007 (UTC)
SteelBite (talk · contribs) - I own a PS2 and prefer any of Sony's prducts over inferior ones no matter if they are created by Microsoft, Nintendo, Sega or any other company. I finally have the PS3... drool... it's even better than I expected! Namco made a good decision when they signed the lifetime contract of the Tekken with Sony. My catchphrase is "Sony will march on".
Dnlkk94 (talk · contribs) I am a staunch supporter of The PlayStation family. I own a PS2 and a PSP, and often defend and promote the PS3.
shadowfyre (talk · contribs) I have researched the Playstation 3 and other consoles in depth, and own a ps1, ps2, and ps3 60 GB
W Tanoto (talk · contribs) Supporter and fanboy of PlayStation and Nintendo. Japanese-version fanatics. Owned European PS1, Asian PS2, and Japanese PS2, 60GB PS3 and PSP.
Floating Banana (talk · contribs) Been a Playstation boy since I was a wee lad, only hindered in gameplay due to my immense lack of controller
mgillespie (talk · contribs) owned PS1, PS2 and PS3, and love the brand. Hate the way the online gutter press contantly bad mouth the PS3 to get website hits.
CocoBandicoot17 (talk · contribs) Has a PS2 and loves Crash and Spyro to death!!! smile.gif
Truko9308 (talk · contribs) I have a PS2, best system ever
Bloigen (talk · contribs) I've loved everything Playstation 1, 2, 3 and portable had to offer, had to join.
Darkdoom3000 (talk · contribs) I love playstation! go sony!
abood68300 (talk · contribs) supporting the playstation brand since 1998 ( psx, ps2 , psp ,ps3)
Rickengothic (talk · contribs) I'm the true biggest fan of Sony Playstation software and yes i'd love to support this beloved project! Go Sony and Playstation!! I'm currently own old PS2, got PSP in my birthday last month, and sooner PS3 this holiday!

Good gravy!

This is the beginning of the almost-certain outright onslaught of corporate mind-rays into Wikipedia. Good thing they've dealt with the problem so effectively with the Calton/Durova/JzG policy of hunting and pecking for little motes of external linking, when a giant Sony plank is jutting out of their eye.

Way to go, Wikipedia!

Greg