Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Policy change: Sandboxes can no longer hold nonsense
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
LamontStormstar
06:43, 13 September 2007 Ryulong (Talk | contribs) deleted "User:LegitimateAndEvenCompelling/Sandbox" ‎ (complete and utter nonsense)

I've seen Ryulong do that to others, too.

Well it looks like Sandboxes now have to contain better content and no longer can contain test edits.

On a side-note, if someone makes usernames complaining you're a mean administrator, banning them WITH EMAIL BLOCKED is not the way to disprove that.

06:05, 8 September 2007 Ryulong (Talk | contribs) blocked "Can Ryulong plz be less brutal than others? (Talk | contribs)" (account creation blocked, e-mail blocked) with an expiry time of indefinite ‎ ({{UsernameHardBlocked}})
06:05, 8 September 2007 Ryulong (Talk | contribs) unblocked Can Ryulong plz be less brutal than others? (Talk | contribs) ‎
06:05, 8 September 2007 Ryulong (Talk | contribs) blocked "Ryu10ng is 2 strict- 1 wk block for 1st offense? (Talk | contribs)" (account creation blocked, e-mail blocked) with an expiry time of indefinite ‎ ({{UsernameHardBlocked}})
06:05, 8 September 2007 Ryulong (Talk | contribs) blocked "Ryu10ng needs to be empathic- sensitive to others\' feelings. (Talk | contribs)" (account creation blocked, e-mail blocked) with an expiry time of indefinite ‎ ({{UsernameHardBlocked}})

Unrepentant Vandal
QUOTE(LamontStormstar @ Thu 13th September 2007, 10:25am) *

06:43, 13 September 2007 Ryulong (Talk | contribs) deleted "User:LegitimateAndEvenCompelling/Sandbox" ‎ (complete and utter nonsense)

I think this is more evidence for my "Ryulong is a troll" theory. This makes my respect for him go up, not down! I wonder what the endgame is? Possibly bureaucrat, demotion of all other bureaucrats and admins, and then hilarity ensuing. Although there's no way he'd make steward/bureaucrat (I forget the difference) at present...
LamontStormstar
QUOTE(Unrepentant Vandal @ Thu 13th September 2007, 2:59am) *

I think this is more evidence for my "Ryulong is a troll" theory. This makes my respect for him go up, not down! I wonder what the endgame is? Possibly bureaucrat, demotion of all other bureaucrats and admins, and then hilarity ensuing. Although there's no way he'd make steward/bureaucrat (I forget the difference) at present...

Why not checkuser?
Unrepentant Vandal
QUOTE(LamontStormstar @ Thu 13th September 2007, 11:07am) *

Why not checkuser?

I'm not sure that he can do anything very interesting with checkuser, can he? At least not without losing it pdq.
LamontStormstar
QUOTE(Unrepentant Vandal @ Thu 13th September 2007, 3:38am) *

Why not checkuser?

I'm not sure that he can do anything very interesting with checkuser, can he? At least not without losing it pdq.

He'd probably be another Jayjg in checkuser and Jayjg never lost his checkuser.

guy
I can't find it at present, but Iremember that in the storm over Ryulong's RfA it was said that he wouldn't be a bad admin because many other admins would be watching him like hawks. wacko.gif
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(Unrepentant Vandal @ Thu 13th September 2007, 6:38am) *

I think this is more evidence for my "Ryulong is a troll" theory. This makes my respect for him go up, not down! I wonder what the endgame is? Possibly bureaucrat, demotion of all other bureaucrats and admins, and then hilarity ensuing. Although there's no way he'd make steward/bureaucrat (I forget the difference) at present …

Why not checkuser?

The Sandman Cometh …

I think they will have to invent a New Administrative Role Class (NARC) just for him.

Y'know, you can buy those brands of kitty litter that form easily scoopable clumps around the poopicles.

I was gonna say KittyLitterati, but that sounds too dignified, and he might get a big head about that. I'm sure we don't wanna see it if he gets a big head.

So howsabout ClumpChecker or PoopScooper?

Jonny cool.gif
Derktar
QUOTE(guy @ Thu 13th September 2007, 7:29am) *

I can't find it at present, but Iremember that in the storm over Ryulong's RfA it was said that he wouldn't be a bad admin because many other admins would be watching him like hawks. wacko.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Req...nship/Ryulong_3

Reading over all the points raised by the opposition so many months ago, in addition to the two previous RFAs and the points raised in those, I wonder if anyone is ever surprised by Ryulong's actions these days.
LamontStormstar
On some places I've seen if an admin is really bad, the admin gets banned. I think that needs to happen to people on Wikipedia.
Nathan
Good idea. That makes way too much logical sense though.
Alex

I've seen Ryulong do that to others, too.

Well it looks like Sandboxes now have to contain better content and no longer can contain test edits.

On a side-note, if someone makes usernames complaining you're a mean administrator, banning them WITH EMAIL BLOCKED is not the way to disprove that.

06:05, 8 September 2007 Ryulong (Talk | contribs) blocked "Can Ryulong plz be less brutal than others? (Talk | contribs)" (account creation blocked, e-mail blocked) with an expiry time of indefinite ‎ ({{UsernameHardBlocked}})
06:05, 8 September 2007 Ryulong (Talk | contribs) unblocked Can Ryulong plz be less brutal than others? (Talk | contribs) ‎
06:05, 8 September 2007 Ryulong (Talk | contribs) blocked "Ryu10ng is 2 strict- 1 wk block for 1st offense? (Talk | contribs)" (account creation blocked, e-mail blocked) with an expiry time of indefinite ‎ ({{UsernameHardBlocked}})
06:05, 8 September 2007 Ryulong (Talk | contribs) blocked "Ryu10ng needs to be empathic- sensitive to others\' feelings. (Talk | contribs)" (account creation blocked, e-mail blocked) with an expiry time of indefinite ‎ ({{UsernameHardBlocked}})

Users making account names like that are only causing trouble. They have no need to edit or email. Creating an account name with a request in it is just plain silly, and not the right way to go about things.
Unrepentant Vandal
QUOTE(Alex @ Thu 13th September 2007, 10:55pm) *

Users making account names like that are only causing trouble. They have no need to edit or email. Creating an account name with a request in it is just plain silly, and not the right way to go about things.

Yep, and it's surprising how quickly Wikipedia will move in this situation. Evidence.
Castle Rock
QUOTE(Unrepentant Vandal @ Thu 13th September 2007, 3:09pm) *

QUOTE(Alex @ Thu 13th September 2007, 10:55pm) *

Yep, and it's surprising how quickly Wikipedia will move in this situation. Evidence.

Ah, but they won on a technicality because of their weird distinction between a ban and an indefinite block.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.