Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So farewell then 86.131.103.166
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
JohnA
The latest excuses for bad behavior of Wikipedia admins have been entered into the record. Not only has the IP address 86.131.103.166 been indefinitely banned from Wikipedia, but 86.131.103.166 cannot even make any further unblock requests because the User talk page for 86.131.103.166 has been semi-protected.

Here's the unblock request:

Request reason: "My comment in the talk page was to the point and factually correct. Otherwise why was the article stubbed and protected if I was not correct in my assertion that it was wholly an attack on Judd Bagley? Also why is Weiss carrying on using yet another sockpuppet "Samiharris" in order to delete other people's comments which is a violation of WP:CIVIL amongst other things? Does Fred Bauder know that Weiss is carrying on with the sockpuppetry after having told Weiss to stop?

Secondly, and more to the point, David Gerard has yet to demonstrate that this IP address is being used by Judd Bagley or is a "zombie PC" or "open proxy" Can we have a demonstration of Gerard's assertion or will we have to conclude that Gerard just abuses his admin rights when he doesn't get his own way on promoting attack BLPs?

Let's see the evidence.
Or alternatively, can Wikimedia come clean and just admit that any criticism of Gary Weiss is justification for immediate banning without so much as reference to any other bylaw of Wikipedia?"

and the reply:

Decline reason: "Even if this IP is not an open proxy, it seems quite clear to me from your comments here that you are at least affiliated in some way with Bagley, and your personal attacks on other editors seem to only confirm that you are not here to contribute constructively. — krimpet⟲ 19:43, 15 September 2007 (UTC)"

So the reason doesn't actually matter because I am somehow "affiliated in some way with Bagley" (and I haven't even seen the ring). It matters not what that "affilation" may be, only that it can be asserted without proof.

Pathetic.

Franz Kafka never had a nightmare bad enough to compare with Wikipedia.
Somey
Hmm, we might have found the "golden loophole" that will allow us to have anyone we disklike banned from WP for good!

Let's see, who's first... Ooh, I know. I heard a rumor just the other day that User:JoshuaZ was the best man at the wedding of the sister of one of Judd Bagley's sister's sorority sisters. And at the reception, he was overheard talking to Judd about... something.

Off with his head!
WordBomb
QUOTE(Somey @ Sat 15th September 2007, 5:58pm) *

Hmm, we might have found the "golden loophole" that will allow us to have anyone we disklike banned from WP for good!

Let's see, who's first... Ooh, I know. I heard a rumor just the other day that User:JoshuaZ was the best man at the wedding of the sister of one of Judd Bagley's sister's sorority sisters. And at the reception, he was overheard talking to Judd about... something.

Off with his head!
It's all true, however sordid.
LamontStormstar
QUOTE(WordBomb @ Sat 15th September 2007, 3:10pm) *

Off with his head!

On the Vandal article on Encyclopedia Dramatica it gives one suggestion that says "Imitate WordBomb"

Go to http://www.antisocialmedia.net and read his stuff. Then start spewing it onto Wikipedia. But, don't act like a fan. Rather, act like you're really him:

Mention that Gary Weiss edits his own wikipedia article with secret sockpuppets like Mantanmoreland.
Out the IPs of wikipedia admins and do about any and all outing.
Edit articles about Overstock.com, Gary Weiss, etc. how WordBomb would do.
The Wikipedia Jews really hate WordBomb. Reallly. Acting like a WordBomb sock produces no end of lulz. You achieve victory when you get your ISP banned from Wikipedia so then complaints will pour in from innocents affected.

Apparently WordBomb is the new Willy on Wheels. Anyone similar gets banned as a sock of him.
WhispersOfWisdom
QUOTE(LamontStormstar @ Sat 15th September 2007, 6:54pm) *

Off with his head!

On the Vandal article on Encyclopedia Dramatica it gives one suggestion that says "Imitate WordBomb"

Go to http://www.antisocialmedia.net and read his stuff. Then start spewing it onto Wikipedia. But, don't act like a fan. Rather, act like you're really him:

Mention that Gary Weiss edits his own wikipedia article with secret sockpuppets like Mantanmoreland.
The Wikipedia Jews really hate WordBomb. Reallly. Acting like a WordBomb sock produces no end of lulz. You achieve victory when you get your ISP banned from Wikipedia so then complaints will pour in from innocents affected.

Apparently WordBomb is the new Willy on Wheels. Anyone similar gets banned as a sock of him.

Just for kicks I go there every once in a while to see how many sockpuppets I have accumulated. Some are now protected forever, and some never even edited anything. I do feel bad for the people that are shut down because they are in a range blocked area.
Jonny Cache

Let's see, who's first … Ooh, I know. I heard a rumor just the other day that User:JoshuaZ was the best man at the wedding of the sister of one of Judd Bagley's sister's sorority sisters. And at the reception, he was overheard talking to Judd about … something.

Off with his head!

And I heard he was living Stockwood, Ont-ari-ari-ari-o in a very Bagley way …

Jonny cool.gif
Joseph100
QUOTE(WhispersOfWisdom @ Sat 15th September 2007, 6:43pm) *

QUOTE(LamontStormstar @ Sat 15th September 2007, 6:54pm) *

Off with his head!

Just for kicks I go there every once in a while to see how many sockpuppets I have accumulated. Some are now protected forever, and some never even edited anything. I do feel bad for the people that are shut down because they are in a range blocked area.

Fest your eyes one this...

Sock R us...

Added bonus, about third are not Joe....

Wiki way of dealing with those who disagree.
WordBomb
QUOTE(LamontStormstar @ Sat 15th September 2007, 7:54pm) *
Convincing all vandals to imitate WordBomb would be the best thing that could happen to Wikipedia. That's because I have, to date, committed precisely one act of vandalism and this is it.

In other words, if all vandals emulated me, vandalism would be ironic, harmless, almost entirely unseen, and extremely rare.

The fact that someone on ED (as opposed to some zombie like JzG) thinks that I really am a prolific vandal, despite the utter lack of evidence to support that belief, is a testament to the effectiveness of the Cabal's disinformation campaign.

And the fact that now they're attempting to change WP policy regarding "attack sites" based not on Encyclopedia Dramatica (which on the whole I find worthless and utterly offensive), but AntiSocialMedia.net, is simply ponderous to me. How can they possibly find anything on ASM more offensive and "attacking" than this (which I put forward as an extreme example but strongly recommend you do not look at it...just trust me, there is no excuse for it no matter what SlimVirgin may have done to anybody)?

Clearly, there's something bigger going on here, for this ridiculous imbalance of reason to not only persist but to flourish, and with the apparent endorsement of Jimbo Wales.

What a sad, dark and backward place Wikipedia has become.
GlassBeadGame
QUOTE(WordBomb @ Sat 15th September 2007, 10:11pm) *

I have, to date, committed precisely one act of vandalism and this is it.

In other words, if all vandals emulated me, vandalism would be ironic, harmless, almost entirely unseen, and extremely rare.

That is one of the most pleasant pieces of vandalism I have seen.
QUOTE(WordBomb @ Sat 15th September 2007, 10:11pm) *

Clearly, there's something bigger going on here, for this ridiculous imbalance of reason to not only persist but to flourish, and with the apparent endorsement of Jimbo Wales.

What a sad, dark and backward place Wikipedia has become.

Unlike WR and ASM, ED offers nothing to substantively challenge Wikipedia, and doubtlessly appeals to the demographics and social background of WP users. That is to say: entitled nerdy immature white males 11-22 years old.
guy
In my experience, if you try any WR type criticism of WP on ED, it's rapidly reverted as lacking "lulz". I'd guess that there are lots of strongly pro-WP and even pro-Cabal people there.
alienus
QUOTE(Joseph100 @ Sat 15th September 2007, 9:19pm) *

Added bonus, about third are not Joe....

Wiki way of dealing with those who disagree.

If some noob walks notices something interesting in an article's history and restores it, they're at great risk of being accused of acting as meatpuppets for the evil banned user who first wrote the censored words. It's a fine way to ban people based on their beliefs, rather than their actions. Call it guilt by association.

My own ban was a direct consequence of uncensoring a pair of sentences on [[Circumcision]], which got Jayjg and his Snippies all riled up. I was guilty of first degree Disagreement With The Cabal, and got what I deserved for my impudence.

Anyhow, your case is not unusual There've been quite a few people and IP's banned on the basis of being my puppets, yet -- so far -- none of them have been me. It's the new fashion...

Al
yow
You'd be quite wrong in that guess. Here's another. ED is just anti-pedantic.

QUOTE(guy @ Sat 15th September 2007, 11:34pm) *

In my experience, if you try any WR type criticism of WP on ED, it's rapidly reverted as lacking "lulz". I'd guess that there are lots of strongly pro-WP and even pro-Cabal people there.

Kato
QUOTE(alienus @ Sun 16th September 2007, 8:11am) *

Anyhow, your case is not unusual There've been quite a few people and IP's banned on the basis of being my puppets, yet -- so far -- none of them have been me. It's the new fashion...

Al

laugh.gif

I just did a locator check on some of your suspected IP sockpuppets. And they came out as being in the US, Italy, Germany and the UK.

You get about a bit, then. rolleyes.gif
guy
QUOTE(yow @ Sun 16th September 2007, 9:06am) *

I said "WR type criticism", not juvenile rants.
yow
My point was, you are wrong to think "there are lots of strongly pro-WP and even pro-Cabal people there." Here's the best example yet.

QUOTE(guy @ Sun 16th September 2007, 5:14am) *

KamrynMatika
QUOTE(yow @ Sun 16th September 2007, 7:44pm) *

My point was, you are wrong to think "there are lots of strongly pro-WP and even pro-Cabal people there." Here's the best example yet.

QUOTE(guy @ Sun 16th September 2007, 5:14am) *

Indeed. ED does not exist to criticise WP, it exists to make fun of the internet. Admittedly, it doesn't do it very well, but I honestly don't understand all the complaining here about ED. WP is only a part of ED's focus.. they take the piss out of places like Livejournal too iirc.
guy

My point was, you are wrong to think "there are lots of strongly pro-WP and even pro-Cabal people there.

Pointing to cases where some people are not strongly pro-Cabal is no evidence that there are no pro-Cabal people.
yow
I'd be very, very surprised if you could find any pro-Cabal edits on ED, or any evidence whatsoever of pro-Cabal sentiment, while pages such as those I've presented are plentiful.

QUOTE(guy @ Sun 16th September 2007, 3:46pm) *

My point was, you are wrong to think "there are lots of strongly pro-WP and even pro-Cabal people there.

Pointing to cases where some people are not strongly pro-Cabal is no evidence that there are no pro-Cabal people.

Castle Rock

Maybe complaints about internal Wikipedia politics are reverted, probably because they are boring. Nobody on a parody site wants to read a full page about how SlimVirgin has manipulated the Original Research policy over years to slowly enhance her factions strength in content disputes. As for the "strongly pro-WP and even pro-Cabal people there" it would maybe if you named them because as a long term ED regular I can't think of any. The closest example I could think would be Miltopia (still miles away), but he clearly has no sympathies for the Wikipedian elite.
KamrynMatika
QUOTE(Castle Rock @ Mon 17th September 2007, 6:59am) *

Maybe complaints about internal Wikipedia politics are reverted, probably because they are boring. Nobody on a parody site wants to read a full page about how SlimVirgin has manipulated the Original Research policy over years to slowly enhance her factions strength in content disputes. As for the "strongly pro-WP and even pro-Cabal people there" it would maybe if you named them because as a long term ED regular I can't think of any. The closest example I could think would be Miltopia (still miles away), but he clearly has no sympathies for the Wikipedian elite.

Indeed! It's completely bizarre that people on WR have misunderstood ED to the extent that they thought it was the place for serious critique.
guy
QUOTE(yow @ Mon 17th September 2007, 6:39am) *

I'd be very, very surprised if you could find any pro-Cabal edits on ED, or any evidence whatsoever of pro-Cabal sentiment, while pages such as those I've presented are plentiful.

Look no further than how our own Blissyu2/Zordrac is treated, just because he's regarded as anti-Cabal.
yow
But that was not the reason for the abuse of him there (as I'm sure he'll confirm)! He made a bunch of strange articles while quite ill and on lots of disorienting medications; then asked for all the articles to please be deleted; then created them all again; and so on. I found the saga rather endearing and I felt concerned for him. I think, in fact, notwithstanding the occasional volley of insults and threats from some young jackanapes, that his contributions on pages re: Wikipedia and the cabal are really welcomed there. He has not been "banned"; he doesn't try to smoothen out or factualize the portrayal of anyone (in an article), and is willing to go along with EDs tendency to "poetic license" (shall we call it).

QUOTE(guy @ Mon 17th September 2007, 4:42am) *

QUOTE(yow @ Mon 17th September 2007, 6:39am) *

Look no further than how our own Blissyu2/Zordrac is treated, just because he's regarded as anti-Cabal.

N. Impersonator
QUOTE(yow @ Sun 16th September 2007, 10:39pm) *

Crap! CRAP!! There's more cabal on ED than on ArbCom.
chankachank
I totally agree. ED is rotten with Cabalists. I'm pretty sure the late "Jayjg" had an account there. They seek to win through argumentum ad contrario. Disgusting.
Castle Rock
QUOTE(chankachank @ Sat 22nd September 2007, 11:58pm) *

I totally agree. ED is rotten with Cabalists. I'm pretty sure the late "Jayjg" had an account there. They seek to win through argumentum ad contrario. Disgusting.

As I said before name these so-called Cabalists, if they really have overrun the place this shouldn't be to hard.

What evidence do you have for Jayjg having an account there. It's a pretty outlandish accusation.
Nathan
QUOTE(chankachank @ Sun 23rd September 2007, 2:58am) *

Also, let's not forget argumentum ad populum.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.