Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2 Admins Cover-Up the SweetBlueWater-SlimVirgin Sock
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors > Notable editors > SlimVirgin
Piperdown
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...weet_Blue_Water

By the way, where is SlimVirgin?

Trying to not edit for 30 days, rise again under a new name, and evade the 30 day IP log timeout period for checkuser attempts on future sockchecks? It's what Mantanmoreland and his annual sock DoRight (as in "Dudley" from WR) does right http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...&target=Doright

And does anyone buy the line about Jayjg that he's too overwhelmed by life to suddenly lose the will to edit one keystroke since being asked on the mailing list to bugger off? Yet he can email the starchamber in the mean time.....but place one edit on his own user page just saying "wikibreak, etc, yadda yadda"? Nope. That would be too overwhelming. Email yes, Wikipedia no. Hmmm.

WHY ARE SlimVirgin AND Jayjg STILL ADMINISTRATORS?

serious question.
Robster
QUOTE(Piperdown @ Sun 16th September 2007, 8:47pm) *

serious question.

You almost have to wonder if they're being used as a distraction now.

Does Wikipedia hope we'll be watching those two clowns while the VW Beetle pulls up and twenty other clowns sneak out the side door?
Piperdown
QUOTE(Robster @ Mon 17th September 2007, 12:52am) *

QUOTE(Piperdown @ Sun 16th September 2007, 8:47pm) *

serious question.

You almost have to wonder if they're being used as a distraction now.

Does Wikipedia hope we'll be watching those two clowns while the VW Beetle pulls up and twenty other clowns sneak out the side door?

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=157923258

One of the most prolific POV-warriors to ever grace wikipedia with his notes, who gets caught red-handed with his hand in the check user and oversight cookie jars in the same summer of wikidiscordia, suddenly goes *poof* the same day the shiite hits the wikiemail fan?

Is this like when a CEO "retires" to "spend more time with his family", or when a hedge fund manager retires to "spend more time on free-speech advocacy" (irony alert, read this pdf)

http://www.cyberslapp.org/documents/RockerReplyBrief.pdf

...or Nordbergs vow to "find the real killers" on golf courses and vegas memorabilia shows?

Does Jimbo and the WikiChamber think they are being smooth in the Jayjg-Slim affair?

We know what you did last summer, wikipedia. It isn't going to blow over and no one notice.
Piperdown
Never noticed this before, but Slim's #1 Fan, Jimbo Wales, unblocked Slim's #2 alias, Sweet Blue Water.

Sorry if I missed this last month, I'm not completely paying attention sometimes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...weet+Blue+Water
Jonny Cache
And of course by «Hyprocracy» you mean «Rule By Hypocrites».

Jonny cool.gif
Piperdown
QUOTE(Jonny Cache @ Fri 16th November 2007, 2:30am) *

And of course by «Hyprocracy» you mean «Rule By Hypocrites».

Jonny cool.gif

I knew you'd be the one to notice that coldcase wordplay. It took about a week for your writing style to bleed into my own. Next thing, we'll be wikimenstruating on the same cycle. But if I start putting greek characters into my text, please call the bedlam boys and whisper sweet anne sextons to me. Someone get a cunning but not musical linguist sleuth on the case.

I'm also easily hypnotized, known to affect an accent localized to any pub I'm in after 3 or more pints (can I have a fry, please?), and putty in the hands of any wikipedia administrator with birfing hips, goo-goo eyes, in-depth knowledge of elbow bondage, and a sexy banhammer.
jorge
QUOTE(Piperdown @ Fri 16th November 2007, 2:24am) *

Never noticed this before, but Slim's #1 Fan, Jimbo Wales, unblocked Slim's #2 alias, Sweet Blue Water.

Sorry if I missed this last month, I'm not completely paying attention sometimes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...weet+Blue+Water

Ridiculous. There is no doubt that account is SlimVirgin's and was used to double vote on the September 11 FAC. More evidence (as if we needed it) that SV is a personal friend of Mr. Wales like Gary Weiss.
Piperdown
Crum's been blocked for a kamikaze-style edit war.

This behaviour, following the weekend block that he/she also started for the same reason is irrational.

Can someone assure me that Slim is not Crum?

Because what "he" does on WP tells me something different.

We need some proof of sorts, folks. Some interleaving edit stats, collisions, etc would be nice.

Or someone just run a damn CU already and get it over with. If I was Slum, I'd volunteer it if I was innocent of puppetry.

Precedents? SweetBlueWater (abusively used to double vote) and Sunsplash.
Aloft
Crum isn't a slim sock, just a devoted pet.
Piperdown
QUOTE(Aloft @ Tue 26th February 2008, 9:47pm) *

i've got an open mind. you sure about that?
The Wales Hunter
If Slimmy and Crummy are the same person, the whole thing has been done very well and makes the Gary Weiss saga look even more amateur than it does!

One of Crum's first edits was to "list of aviation disasters" or similar, so it's possible "he" genuinely bumped into Linda on an article somewhere.
Piperdown
QUOTE(The Wales Hunter @ Tue 26th February 2008, 10:09pm) *

If Slimmy and Crummy are the same person, the whole thing has been done very well and makes the Gary Weiss saga look even more amateur than it does!

One of Crum's first edits was to "list of aviation disasters" or similar, so it's possible "he" genuinely bumped into Linda on an article somewhere.

yes, my first take (W-R) was that Crum was an older Canadien dude. But the account went off the normal tracks somewhere. Derailed. Weird "tag-team" behaviour. Symbiotic morphing of personality. Delete-Restores. Your Note's. Distinct change in emotional behaviour along the line. i think there were possibly fact-based theories of NYC-Toronto flying around WR before.

I saw an editing timeline for the two, shown on W-R last fall-ish, that was.....weird. Something is not swell in Canada.

Either way, slimmy is an idiot for the blatant tag-teaming. At least get a 3rd sychophant to make it less obvious. I know there must be more than just Jayjg out there who would do that to grab the wikiglory.

Speaking of weird and busted, where's Jayjg and JpGordon been through all this MM mess? They were the "checkuser" bruise brothers front line that enabled Gary to check against the boards anyone he damn well pleased for the last 2 years, while they damn well knew about his own socks.
dogbiscuit
QUOTE(The Wales Hunter @ Tue 26th February 2008, 10:09pm) *

I'd tend to assume that they are not socks but the modus operandi is peculiar. Slim gets into an argument, loses it or does one of her diversionary questions if she knows she has lost. She then does not respond, but Crum responds seamlessly as if it were a reply by Slim. If you were socking, you would change character. IIRC, in principle Crum is in NYC whereas Slim is in Canada, but you always have the feeling they are in the same room chatting to each other. Probably just computer addicts.

I think they know each other in the real world and spend an unhealthy amount of time on IRC.

If Piperdown is blocked for being a meatpuppet just for following the same lines of argument as a banned user, the deliberate meat-puppeting, which is often used as an improper 3RR evasion technique, should be equally bannable. It should be quite easy to collect a few sets of diffs where Slum have evaded 3RR by a change of hands, which is wrong even if there are two real world people. They've been called on it so many times and Slim ignores the charge, Crum's response is that s/he has analysed their actions and sees nothing wrong (throw in a few AGFs and NPAs for added atmosphere).
Aloft
QUOTE(Piperdown @ Tue 26th February 2008, 4:03pm) *

QUOTE(Aloft @ Tue 26th February 2008, 9:47pm) *

i've got an open mind. you sure about that?
I don't have proof, if that's what you're asking. I have no doubt that they play the "watch my back" game via offsite communication, but I don't think they're socks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.