Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Keeping Wikpedians Down on the Farm
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
Piperdown
How are you going to keep the doughboy Wikipedians down on the farm after they've seen Paris (antisocialmedia.net, Brandt's site, Kelly Martin's blog, or any attempt whatsoever to use Google at all) ?

Fear.

Intimidation.

Badsites.

Even Cydeweys got sidetracked for daring to speak of the love that has no name on wikipedia - the verifiable truth.

Are you now, or have you ever been an antisocialmedia.net reader? Either name names or stand in contempt of Senator Gerard McCarthy!

Do you know how to compare old dumps of wikipedia databases to present day wikipedia? Do you think you can complain when untouchables use sockpuppets to avoid 3RR and thereby control content against honest editors who don't? Fuhgettabaudit or be wordbombed!

Quick, get the diffs erased ! Oversight the overseers ! Get our wikipedians who lead a double life as employed journalists to spread the sh-t knee deep!

The War Room at Wikpedia Central must be amusing these days. Teflon Jimbo is above it all, pay no attention to the man behind the wikipodium!
WordBomb
QUOTE(Piperdown @ Sat 22nd September 2007, 6:31pm) *

How are you going to keep the doughboy Wikipedians down on the farm after they've seen Paris (antisocialmedia.net, Brandt's site, Kelly Martin's blog, or any attempt whatsoever to use Google at all) ?

Fear.

Intimidation.

Badsites.
For one thing (and this may be pure coincidence), the article history text portions of the two enwiki database dumps (20070908 and 20070802) attempted since I announced here that I would be using old dumps to spot abuses of oversight, have both failed.

You can still download revision histories (to see who made an edit and when) but in these cases the content of those edits can only be surmised.

Again, maybe coincidence, but in answer to your question, one might start by making what I've done much harder to accomplish in the future.

It's a sort of "supply side" approach, versus the failed "demand side" effort.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.