Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "A thoroughly-researched and well-documented article"
> Wikimedia Discussion > Articles
Kato
"...I think it is encylcopedically [sic] written, and quite well at that too"

"...our goal is to be as informative as possible to all our readers.... people are interested in it."

"...an awful lot of sources..."

"...Excellent article, well sourced.... Press releases determine verifiability not notability. This article should be used as a template"

"...This one clearly meets the standards that I would use."

"...There is the potential for a very good article here..."

"...A thoroughly-researched and well-documented article..."

Which great work worthy of the best encyclopedias are we discussing here? Which vital addition to the Sum of Human knowledge are we praising?
  • Is it the article on the island of Madagascar? No. That article "appears to contradict itself".
  • Is it the article on Homer, author of the Iliad and the Odyssey? No. The "neutrality of that article is disputed".
  • Is it the article on Zinc. No. That has sections that "do not cite any references or sources." And we are asked to "please improve this section by adding citations to reliable sources."
The great masterpiece, and template for future articles is.... (drum roll)

FORUM Image

"I love Der Wikipedia! I love Der Jimbo Wales! He make me money!"
Derktar
Truth is stranger than fiction...unfortunately sometimes YTMND looks more sane than Wikipedia.
guy
Interestingly, the article failed an AfD and was deleted months ago, and was then re-created. Among WR members, ^demon voted delete and Everyking voted keep.

W.marsh says "Keep verifiable, harmless, people are interested in it." This from the editor who hounded the article on Wipipedia (totally verifiable; all you have to do is look at the site - and of course harmless and people are interested in it) off Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Art...d_nomination%29

Probably the funniest bit is

Who is likely to look up bruger king menu items on Wikipedia rather than BK's website? Guy (Help!) 10:04, 22 September 2007 (UTC)
Any reader of any of the articles listed at Special:Whatlinkshere/Burger_King_menu_items, for starters. Neier 10:53, 22 September 2007 (UTC)

For ease of reference, here's the link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Whatl...King_menu_items
Kato
QUOTE(guy @ Sun 23rd September 2007, 11:29pm) *

And here is a list of Burger King menu related articles that link to the praised article. You couldn't ask for better free publicity. Anyone want to use Virgil's overrated scanner on the IPs that have edited these articles?
* Burger King (links)
* Whopper (links)
* Brad Blum (links)
* The Subservient Chicken (links)
* Burger King Kingdom (links)
* TenderCrisp (links)
* McDonald's menu items (links)
* Burger King University (links)
* BK Tee Vee (links)
* Template:Burger King (links)
* BK Veggie (links)
* Rodeo Cheeseburger (links)
* BK Stacker (links)
* BK Chicken Fries (links)
* Croissan'Wich (links)
* Enormous Omelet Sandwich (links)
* BK Chicken Tenders (links)
* Original Chicken Sandwich (links)
* BK Big Fish (links)
* TenderGrill (links)
* BK XXL (links)
* Crispy Chicken (Burger King Food) (links)
* Spicy Bean Burger (links)
* Monterey Melt (links)
* BK Baguette line (links)
* Burger King advertising (links)
* The Whopperettes (links)
* The Angus burger (Burger King) (links)
* BK Crown Jewels line (links)
* Where's Herb? (links)
Viridae
To give the article credit, it does fairly successfully document the menu differences between the different cultures.
Kato
QUOTE(Viridae @ Mon 24th September 2007, 12:14am) *

To give the article credit, it does fairly successfully document the menu differences between the different cultures.

Now that's sarcasm. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.