Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is SlimVirgin gone?
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors > Notable editors > SlimVirgin
Pages: 1, 2, 3
EuroSceptic
Is SlimVirgin gone? That would be great news, and maybe some editors would come back from their exile.....
gomi
This is obviously the source of much speculation. She stopped editing in August, started again briefly, and now has stopped for a couple of weeks. There is some precedent for this, but there has been no "goodbye cruel world", and she has been spotted in the interim on wikien-l touting an anti-stalking diatribe.

If I had to bet, I would say that she'll be back. In the meantime, watch for sockpuppets, watch the admin rights log on meta, and bide your time. Her amassed power seems to great to simply walk away from.

If you want to bait her, start messing gently with the PETA and other "animal rights" pages. I doubt this will work, because Crum375 and other lackeys are still hard at work defending her dubious legacy.
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(EuroSceptic @ Mon 17th September 2007, 12:10pm) *

Is SlimVirgin gone? That would be great news, and maybe some editors would come back from their exile …

The HiveMind Is Infallable !!!
The HiveMind Does Not Make Misteaks !!!
The HiveMind Xisles Justly And Properly Xisled Editors Only !!!
The HiveMind Will Teach You Poony Hoomuns That Resystunts R Φeudal !!!

Xterminate … Xterminate … Xterminate … Xterminate … Xterminate … Xterminate … Xterminate … Xterminate … Xterminate … Xterminate … Xterminate … Xterminate … Xterminate … Xterminate … Xterminate … Xterminate … Xterminate … Xterminate … Xterminate … Xterminate … Xterminate … Xterminate … Xterminate … Xterminate … Xterminate …

Jonny cool.gif
Unrepentant Vandal
She'll definitely be back. The only question is whether as SlimVirgin or as some other account.
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(Unrepentant Vandal @ Mon 17th September 2007, 12:21pm) *

She'll definitely be back. The only question is whether as SlimVirgin or as some other account.

And I truly appreciate how hard it was for you to spell account straight.

Jonny cool.gif
The Joy
Just scan through these pictures until you come to the pink poodle:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_pictures/6998726.stm

Never thought of Slim Virgin as a "pinko."

Seriously, she'll be back although Jayjg's absence will certainly hinder her efforts.
Unrepentant Vandal
QUOTE(Jonny Cache @ Mon 17th September 2007, 9:18pm) *

Jonny cool.gif

Oh yes happy.gif
jorge
QUOTE(Unrepentant Vandal @ Mon 17th September 2007, 11:21pm) *

QUOTE(Jonny Cache @ Mon 17th September 2007, 9:18pm) *

Jonny cool.gif

Oh yes happy.gif

SlimVirgin is setting a course for the Sierra Madre....
Kato
QUOTE(jorge @ Mon 17th September 2007, 11:52pm) *

SlimVirgin is setting a course for the Sierra Madre....

"Badges! We don't need no stinkin' badges!"

FORUM Image
jorge
Have they found that Steve Fossett guy yet? I think SlimVirgin lassoed his plane.
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(jorge @ Mon 17th September 2007, 7:00pm) *

Have they found that Steve Fossett guy yet? I think SlimVirgin lassoed his plane.

Was that the Invisible Lasso?

Or the One Spun Of Hemp?

Oh wait … same n00se.

Jonny cool.gif
LamontStormstar
ElenorD is going around acting on SlimVirgin's behalf edit warring with everyone on SlimVirgin's talk page.

SenseMaker
QUOTE(Unrepentant Vandal @ Mon 17th September 2007, 4:21pm) *

I am willing to bet that SlimVirgin already has established at least one "alternative account." She'll just be using one or more of those now. Since alternative accounts don't have admin permissions, it is all legit. I expect the same behavior from Jayjg.

I can't imagine either of them leaving Wikipedia, it just been too much fun for them and they have elevated the importance their efforts on Wikipedia to such an extent that they can't justify even contemplating leaving. They just need to come at it from a different and more effective angle.
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(SenseMaker @ Mon 17th September 2007, 11:15pm) *

I am willing to bet that SlimVirgin already has established at least one "alternative account." She'll just be using one or more of those now. Since alternative accounts don't have admin permissions, it is all legit. I expect the same behavior from Jayjg.

I can't imagine either of them leaving Wikipedia, it just been too much fun for them and they have elevated the importance their efforts on Wikipedia to such an extent that they can't justify even contemplating leaving. They just need to come at it from a different and more effective angle.

10 to 1, the secret high-level negotiations have been all about setting up clean diplomatic portfolios for both of them. SlimVirgin's sob sister story about being some kind of Cambridge/Canadian Dissident on the run from the Laser Weevils at The Wikipedia Review or Who-Evah has melted many a Sucker's ♥ before.

And JayJuniorGrade ? — I think he's probably got the CU goods on all of 'em.

Jonny cool.gif
SqueakBox
QUOTE(Jonny Cache @ Mon 17th September 2007, 8:18pm) *

Jonny cool.gif

She is back. Hooray! Squeak ph34r.gif Box
Somey
Not to be overly optimistic or anything, but it seems to me that neither of these people are clever enough to change their habits, interests, and above all their agendas to the extent that they could avoid being "tagged" as their original identities. I dare say that Slimmy could probably manage it, but Jayjg has never given me the impression that he could pull it off.

Certainly User:Musical_Linguist hasn't done a particularly good job of it - I don't think anyone would seriously doubt that User:ElinorD is her, after looking at a few choice diffs.

Looking beyond the obvious, another thing these folks might want to consider is that any new user account, not just them, who shows up on WP with their POV and interests is going to be suspected of being them - to the detriment of not only the n00b, but them as well, I should think.
SenseMaker
QUOTE(Somey @ Tue 18th September 2007, 3:34am) *

Not to be overly optimistic or anything, but it seems to me that neither of these people are clever enough to change their habits, interests, and above all their agendas to the extent that they could avoid being "tagged" as their original identities. I dare say that Slimmy could probably manage it, but Jayjg has never given me the impression that he could pull it off.

Certainly User:Musical_Linguist hasn't done a particularly good job of it - I don't think anyone would seriously doubt that User:ElinorD is her, after looking at a few choice diffs.

Looking beyond the obvious, another thing these folks might want to consider is that any new user account, not just them, who shows up on WP with their POV and interests is going to be suspected of being them - to the detriment of not only the n00b, but them as well, I should think.

Oh shit, do you know how big a story that is? Musical Linguist is ElinorD? She went and got Admin status with two accounts? That's big time against the rules.
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(SqueakBox @ Mon 17th September 2007, 11:30pm) *

QUOTE(Jonny Cache @ Mon 17th September 2007, 8:18pm) *

Jonny cool.gif

She is back. Hooray! Squeak ph34r.gif Box

This reminds me of the time when Spiro Agnew went away for a while and came back with his celebrated Crying Cassandras coinage. Anyway, I think it was him.

Apparently, the best that SlimVirgin could come up with in nearly 3 weeks was the highly derivative if suggestively sibylant synthesis Slippery Slope Strawman.

A bit anti-climactic, if y'know what I mean …

Jonny cool.gif
Piperdown
QUOTE(SenseMaker @ Tue 18th September 2007, 3:39am) *

QUOTE(Somey @ Tue 18th September 2007, 3:34am) *

Oh shit, do you know how big a story that is? Musical Linguist is ElinorD? She went and got Admin status with two accounts? That's big time against the rules.

If those "choice diffs" would get posted here, and some boyscout WP'ian would fill out a RFCU form, that would be special.
Somey
So now, let's look at this latest screed about BADSITES, then.

The key bit in here is the quoted text, and the claim that the quoted text is somehow "reasonable" and that no rational person could object to it, blah blah blah.

Harassment in this context refers to cyberstalking, offline stalking, outing people without their consent, humiliating them sexually, or threatening them with physical violence.

In other words, the point of this is to equate "outing" of "editors" with stalking, sexual humiliation, and threats of physical violence. Obviously any sane person would realize that this is completely absurd, and indeed this has been the point of the anti-censorship argument all along.

So I can only conclude that the people pushing this on Wikipedia are insane. If they can't make the distinction between identifying a person on the one hand, and threatening them with actual violence on the other, then that's the only acceptable conclusion that can be drawn.
Piperdown

She used a sockpuppet to vote twice, to co-edit the same articles, and banned others for doing so.

She edited articles (Pierre Salinger, John Cooley, Euripides, Lockerbie Bombing) and administered (the Byrne-Weiss affair) with an undisclosed COI, and banned others for doing it (Sparkzilla).

She lied about others being sockpuppets (me), knowing that others believed her close wikiship with checkuser Jayjg gave her some sort of power to declare (even when lying) others sockpuppets without an actual checkuser.

She offered to "out" wikipedians (the "To do nothing is to consent" latin guy that posts on the Byrne-Weiss topics) by email to other wikipedians while crying about others doing so to her.

Take away the tools, ban the editor shell left, and block her IP range.
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(Piperdown @ Mon 17th September 2007, 11:50pm) *

She used a sockpuppet to vote twice, to co-edit the same articles, and banned others for doing so.

She edited articles (Pierre Salinger, John Cooley, Euripides, Lockerbie Bombing) and administered (the Byrne-Weiss affair) with an undisclosed COI, and banned others for doing it (Sparkzilla).

She lied about others being sockpuppets (me), knowing that others believed her close wikiship with checkuser Jayjg gave her some sort of power to declare (even when lying) others sockpuppets without an actual checkuser.

She offered to "out" wikipedians (the "To do nothing is to consent" latin guy that posts on the Byrne-Weiss topics) by email to other wikipedians while crying about others doing so to her.

Take away the tools, ban the editor shell left, and block her IP range.

Homework Assignment —

We'll give you a night to sleep on it, and then tomorrow you can explain to us why none of these things will ever happen.

Jonny cool.gif
Somey
QUOTE(Piperdown @ Mon 17th September 2007, 10:43pm) *
If those "choice diffs" would get posted here, and some boyscout WP'ian would fill out a RFCU form, that would be special.

I'm sure it would be, but I can't imagine she'd be so careless as to allow herself to be snagged by a mere CheckUsering... After all, there have been a few cases where the two accounts have carried on short conversations - a classic case of Wikiphrenia if you ask me.

However, it's pretty obvious that they both have the same interests (Catholicism, baking, BADSITES advocacy), they both have this incredibly patronizing attitude towards User:GordonWatts (among others), and they're both excessively wordy when posting on talk pages, and they're both from Ireland. I don't believe ElinorD has ever publicly admitted to being from Ireland, but it you download ElinorD's photo of some fresh yeast, and then horizontally mirror it, you'll see that the manufacturer of the fresh yeast is PROOFEX, which is Ireland's #1 manufacturer of fresh yeast. If ElinorD lived anywhere other than Ireland, she'd be getting her fresh yeast from that other country instead - fresh yeast isn't something you import from offshore.

Beyond that, you just have to read some of the talk page entries - as Dave Gerard always says, it's "1. the writing style, 2. the writing style, 3. the writing style."

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=153479265

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=135102868

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=135099815

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=128415187

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=129782256

Still, if you ask me, the proof is in the PROOFEX! tongue.gif
BobbyBombastic
QUOTE(Somey @ Mon 17th September 2007, 11:49pm) *
Harassment in this context refers to cyberstalking, offline stalking, outing people without their consent, humiliating them sexually, or threatening them with physical violence.

In other words, the point of this is to equate "outing" of "editors" with stalking, sexual humiliation, and threats of physical violence. Obviously any sane person would realize that this is completely absurd, and indeed this has been the point of the anti-censorship argument all along.

So I can only conclude that the people pushing this on Wikipedia are insane. If they can't make the distinction between identifying a person on the one hand, and threatening them with actual violence on the other, then that's the only acceptable conclusion that can be drawn.

This is honestly why I have grown to like the pro-BADSITES arguments. The absurdity of it all seems to dishearten many decent contributors. With the current ARBCOM case, I am seeing more new names opposing BADSITES-ish rulings than supporting.

Isn't it comical that such an issue had/has the potential to cause so much disruption, bad blood, and bickering? It's great! If arbcom can in anyway quash this issue, I think I would be somewhat disappointed.

SV still has my pity. That she has created such a reality for herself (full of shadowy individuals wanting to sexually humiliate, stalk, and physically threaten people) is depressing, and I do feel bad that is the world she perceives. However, what is more depressing is that she manages to manipulate others into perceiving this reality. I do not want to wake these people up to this fact necessarily, or they may just drop the BADSITES stuff altogether and actually do something useful, but I would just like to ask them, "is this actually what you see?" If answered affirmative, my next question would be, "then why subject yourself to such depravity?" Jimbo doesn't seem to mind you editing in such a slum, but an empathetic person like myself would suggest that your mental health is more important than Jimbo's top ten website.

That last sentence could lead me into a Musical Linguist/ElinorD length epic about objectivism and how in relation to that WP editors are nothing but suckers anyway, but I'll spare you. wacko.gif
everyking
QUOTE(Somey @ Tue 18th September 2007, 4:49am) *

So now, let's look at this latest screed about BADSITES, then.

The key bit in here is the quoted text, and the claim that the quoted text is somehow "reasonable" and that no rational person could object to it, blah blah blah.

I think you can make a distinction while still sanely lumping them into the same broad category. For example, shoving someone and shooting someone between the eyes are both acts of violence, although quite different in degree.
SenseMaker
QUOTE(Somey @ Tue 18th September 2007, 4:36am) *

However, it's pretty obvious that they both have the same interests (Catholicism, baking, BADSITES advocacy), they both have this incredibly patronizing attitude towards User:GordonWatts (among others), and they're both excessively wordy when posting on talk pages, and they're both from Ireland. I don't believe ElinorD has ever publicly admitted to being from Ireland, but it you download ElinorD's photo of some fresh yeast, and then horizontally mirror it, you'll see that the manufacturer of the fresh yeast is PROOFEX, which is Ireland's #1 manufacturer of fresh yeast. If ElinorD lived anywhere other than Ireland, she'd be getting her fresh yeast from that other country instead - fresh yeast isn't something you import from offshore.

Beyond that, you just have to read some of the talk page entries - as Dave Gerard always says, it's "1. the writing style, 2. the writing style, 3. the writing style."

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=153479265

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=135102868

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=135099815

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=128415187

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=129782256

Still, if you ask me, the proof is in the PROOFEX! tongue.gif

I did a quick check and the attitude and write style is a rough match. I would recommend pulling this out into its own thread titled "ElinorD's other accounts." I am impressed by your ability to link these two accounts together Somey! ElinorD obviously went to great lengths to pretend to be a new account and now she risks losing her admin status on both her ElinorD and ML accounts.
BobbyBombastic
QUOTE(SenseMaker @ Tue 18th September 2007, 1:32am) *

ElinorD obviously went to great lengths to pretend to be a new account and now she risks losing her admin status on both her ElinorD and ML accounts.

I would not be surprised that this was a Privately Discussed Issue™, sort of like the one they tried here. If true, it's probably been approved by the top dogs, perhaps with the agreement that she does not use both for admin tasks.
Somey
QUOTE(SenseMaker @ Tue 18th September 2007, 12:32am) *
I did a quick check and the attitude and write style is a rough match. I would recommend pulling this out into its own thread titled "ElinorD's other accounts." I am impressed by your ability to link these two accounts together Somey!

Well, I'd suspected it, and the PROOFEX thing was all me, but we also got a couple of "hot tips" via e-mail and such - presumably from Wikipedians who have had run-ins with her. So I can hardly take the credit... such as it is...? unsure.gif

I guess I might split this into its own thread, but I'm a little hesitant about deliberately bringing any form of retribution down on ElinorD - she's too good for business!
WordBomb
You'll have 10 minutes to look at this before it's gone.

It's essentially the diff showing the difference between the successful closure of "Ann H------n's" (ML's original username) RfA and SlimVirgin's edits made a few months later, before she deleted the edit history.

(Due to text encoding issues, some exotic characters appear as changes from one version to the next, but they are not.)

Some interesting details: Slim changes the reference to ML's home from Dublin to Ireland. She also removes the link to the diff where ML requested the name change.

None of these edits is very important by individually, but in toto suggest a "special" relationship between ML and SV.

See, I doubt she would do that for any of us, yet about a dozen separate pages got scrubbed down just like this by Slim and Jayjg.

In fact, it was ML who initially deleted all the Slimv smoking gun edits (made to Pierre Salinger, Pan Am 103, Mordacai Vanuau, Robert Maxwell, etc) preparing the way for Jayjg to follow up with his new Oversight toy in June, 2006.

Looking at all Jayjg's logs, you see he frequently worked in coordination with ML when deleting inconvenient edits.

Point being: ML and ElinorD both seem to play the same sort of supporting role.
Nathan
Webcited here.
dtobias
ElinorD said in early versions of her user page that she was a schoolteacher. Her general attitude resembles that of the annoying substitute teacher you probably had at some point in your school history... the one who does little or no actual teaching, but insists on enforcing (her interpretation of) all the school's rules in a totally anal retentive manner, addressing the students in a highly patronizing way as she chides them for real or imagined indiscretions. You'll be stuck sitting still and silently for an entire excruciatingly boring class period... this teacher sure isn't going to be giving you any hall passes.
Emperor
QUOTE(BobbyBombastic @ Tue 18th September 2007, 1:01am) *

SV still has my pity. That she has created such a reality for herself (full of shadowy individuals wanting to sexually humiliate, stalk, and physically threaten people) is depressing, and I do feel bad that is the world she perceives. However, what is more depressing is that she manages to manipulate others into perceiving this reality.

I agree with you. She is a pitiable character, and I sometimes imagine her there, middle-aged, slumped over her keyboard ten hours a day with a poodle sleeping in the corner, and it gets really really hard to argue with her. I'm pretty sure she honestly is what she is, and is not some sort of spy or master manipulator.

I can also see where some of the paranoia comes from. In this thread here we have Somey using a mirror and a picture of yeast in order to locate someone. It's nice work, and interesting to hear about, but it must be just a bit scary to think that every word and every photograph you've ever posted is being analyzed in such detail.
jorge
QUOTE(Emperor @ Tue 18th September 2007, 2:45pm) *

I can also see where some of the paranoia comes from. In this thread here we have Somey using a mirror and a picture of yeast in order to locate someone. It's nice work, and interesting to hear about, but it must be just a bit scary to think that every word and every photograph you've ever posted is being analyzed in such detail.

What I don't quite understand is why she pretended to abandon the Musical linguist account? Was there something particularly controversial that she had done using that account?
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(Emperor @ Tue 18th September 2007, 9:45am) *

SV still has my pity. That she has created such a reality for herself (full of shadowy individuals wanting to sexually humiliate, stalk, and physically threaten people) is depressing, and I do feel bad that is the world she perceives. However, what is more depressing is that she manages to manipulate others into perceiving this reality.

I agree with you. She is a pitiable character, and I sometimes imagine her there, middle-aged, slumped over her keyboard ten hours a day with a poodle sleeping in the corner, and it gets really really hard to argue with her. I'm pretty sure she honestly is what she is, and is not some sort of spy or master manipulator.

I reserve my pity for people who do not harm others more than others harm them.

Jonny cool.gif
Herschelkrustofsky
QUOTE(WordBomb @ Tue 18th September 2007, 12:50am) *

You'll have 10 minutes to look at this before it's gone.

It's essentially the diff showing the difference between the successful closure of "Ann H------n's" (ML's original username) RfA and SlimVirgin's edits made a few months later, before she deleted the edit history.

(Due to text encoding issues, some exotic characters appear as changes from one version to the next, but they are not.)

Some interesting details: Slim changes the reference to ML's home from Dublin to Ireland. She also removes the link to the diff where ML requested the name change.

None of these edits is very important by individually, but in toto suggest a "special" relationship between ML and SV.

See, I doubt she would do that for any of us, yet about a dozen separate pages got scrubbed down just like this by Slim and Jayjg.

In fact, it was ML who initially deleted all the Slimv smoking gun edits (made to Pierre Salinger, Pan Am 103, Mordacai Vanuau, Robert Maxwell, etc) preparing the way for Jayjg to follow up with his new Oversight toy in June, 2006.

Looking at all Jayjg's logs, you see he frequently worked in coordination with ML when deleting inconvenient edits.

Point being: ML and ElinorD both seem to play the same sort of supporting role.

Nice work, WordBomb.

My experience with SV tells me that she is more than capable of feigning all sorts of distress, in order to manipulate others into perceiving a reality that she knows full well is entirely bogus.
Emperor
QUOTE(Jonny Cache @ Tue 18th September 2007, 11:08am) *

Ok so a few people were made to leave Wikipedia before they really got tired of it, and the kids out there are learning some dangerous misinformation thanks to her. Point taken.

Still, the woman spends almost every day arguing with teenagers and fellow shut-ins about an online game, and takes it seriously. While you or I might be out enjoying life she's squandering the last bits of the Canadian summer on some ridiculous drama that no one will remember five minutes from now.

Also remember, unlike the real arch-villains she isn't running the show.
WhispersOfWisdom
QUOTE(Herschelkrustofsky @ Tue 18th September 2007, 10:18am) *

QUOTE(WordBomb @ Tue 18th September 2007, 12:50am) *
My experience with SV tells me that she is more than capable of feigning all sorts of distress, in order to manipulate others into perceiving a reality that she knows full well is entirely bogus.

What reality? How truly sad this whole thing is. It is a surreal life with no real lifestyle.

This illustrates the power that the cabals have and the deep dark life that so many addicted editors at WP live on a day to day basis. I read this as I do the writing of Andrew Keen, and I envision the "wild west" in the U.S., or Al Capone's gang at the turn of the 20th century Chicago, Illinois. Adding value to anything on earth are we WP? Consensus by rigged elections? Sounds like this might be the tip of an iceberg which is melting fast.

Creepy, and like any addiction, spending hours on WP makes "0" sense to me. rolleyes.gif
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(Emperor @ Tue 18th September 2007, 11:42am) *

QUOTE(Jonny Cache @ Tue 18th September 2007, 11:08am) *

Ok so a few people were made to leave Wikipedia before they really got tired of it, and the kids out there are learning some dangerous misinformation thanks to her. Point taken.

Still, the woman spends almost every day arguing with teenagers and fellow shut-ins about an online game, and takes it seriously. While you or I might be out enjoying life she's squandering the last bits of the Canadian summer on some ridiculous drama that no one will remember five minutes from now.

No, it's far more serious than that. You can't take a point you haven't even seen yet. I know my own experience, and 1½ years later I still can't talk about it without losing coherence. But I'm getting closer to the point of being able to do that.

Stay tined …

Jonny cool.gif

QUOTE(WhispersOfWisdom @ Tue 18th September 2007, 11:46am) *

Creepy, and like any addiction, spending hours on WP makes "0" sense to me. rolleyes.gif

Exactamundo.

U R reading my mind.

I was just getting ready to start a new thread on that very theme.

Stay tuned …

Jonny cool.gif
Emperor
QUOTE(Jonny Cache @ Tue 18th September 2007, 11:56am) *

QUOTE(Emperor @ Tue 18th September 2007, 11:42am) *

No, it's far more serious than that. You can't take a point you haven't even seen yet. I know my own experience, and 1½ years later I still can't talk about it without losing coherence. But I'm getting closer to the point of being able to do that.

Is she harming you in other ways?
Yehudi
QUOTE(Emperor @ Tue 18th September 2007, 4:42pm) *

Really? You could have fooled me.
Kato
Slim has added a picture of a sad faced Mantled Guereza monkey to her user page, with the tag "Wikipedia's not here to make people sad".

Whilst I don't like to see any primates suffer over WP, including MONGO, it might be worth reflecting on the misery that Slim's involvement has inflicted on WP. Here's just a recap of some of the old stories.

There are many more tales, of course, but these are just the episodes regularly doing the rounds on these pages. Please feel free to add to this collective sense of grief. sad.gif

*Slim embarks on numerous damaging disputes in collaboration with Chip Bertlet - who is given permission to cite his own research - to give undue weight to claims of anti-Semitism against everyone from from Martin Luther to Pacifica Radio and Norman Finkelstein to Jimmy Carter.

*Slim collaborates with Jayjg to hound long term WP editor Homey (not to be confused with our own Somey or Gomi) off the site over content disputes. Relevant diffs now all but sent to the memory hole.

*SlimVirgin blocks "Herschelkrustofsky". Later made indefinite after clearly corrupt arbitration decision. Blockings related purely to POV dispute.

*Slim cheers on MONGO's attacks and threats against a new editor. Despite MONGO's long record of incivility.

*Daniel Brandt - SV creates article on private figure to aid content dispute regarding Chip Bertlet. SV makes offline forays into Brandt's past against his wishes.

*Slim takes over "List of British Jews". Deems Jewish Yearbook an unreliable source. Several opposition editors falsely blocked as sockpuppets.

*ArmedBlowfish - request for adminship scuppered by Slim after it is discovered that the editor is using TOR to avoid Chinese censors.

*SlimVirgin takes it upon herself to revert three months of collaborative work on the Charles Peirce article, then protects an inferior version. Motivated by a personal fued with Wikipedia Review editors which include major contributor to the article Jonny Cache.

jorge
You forget the first thing she did on wikipedia was to attack the page of her former employer just after his death.
nobs
The bunker mentality is taking over on the Founadtion list. SlimVirgin wants to create "role accounts" to be used by multiple Admins to ban stalkers. There will be no recourse to the stalkers and terrorists who get banned this way. This will effectively nullify Dispute Resolution policy, and show ArbCom to be the window dressing & fig leaf that it is.

Slim is so paranoid, she's thinking of going to the police.

http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/found...ber/033208.html
GlassBeadGame
QUOTE(nobs @ Thu 20th September 2007, 6:46pm) *

The bunker mentality is taking over on the Founadtion list. SlimVirgin wants to create "role accounts" to be used by multiple Admins to ban stalkers. There will be no recourse to the stalkers and terrorists who get banned this way. This will effectively nullify Dispute Resolution policy, and show ArbCom to be the window dressing & fig leaf that it is.

Slim is so paranoid, she's thinking of going to the police.

http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/found...ber/033208.html

Well, why doesn't she? That is what any reasonable person would do if things are as she describes them. That is the kind of documentation that any prudent outside person would expect in evaluating her claims.
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(nobs @ Thu 20th September 2007, 8:46pm) *

… show ArbCom to be the window dressing & fig leaf that it is.

Objection, Your Honor, my client has no balls.

Jonny cool.gif
nobs
SlimVirgin is basically accusing Brandt of making violent threats. See for yourself

I'm afraid it very much does happen because people are blocked or banned, and some of it has been quite serious. Nothing rising to the level of being pursued with a weapon, but very upsetting threats of violence to family members, and attempts to destroy people's careers and reputations.

On 9/20/07, Gregory Maxwell said:
Or is it only stalking when it's someone "we" dislike investigating
> someone "we" like, and protected free speech the other way around?
> (like the extensive research that some of the "anti-stalkers" put into
> Daniel Brandt these last few years)

SlimVirgin responded:
That person is a stalker, not a critic. Speaking only of what he's done to me, he has threatened anonymously to "remove" me unless I speak to him about doing what he wants; has published nonsense about me in an effort to humiliate me; has sent complaint after complaint about me to Jimbo or the ArbCom, over a period of 13 months; alleges that I'm being paid to edit Wikipedia; is contacting other people he thinks might help him harass me; has sent me e-mails containing spyware hoping I'd download it onto my computer; and has been making enquiries about me in an effort to obtain my name and location.

It has reached the point where I'm considering going to the police.

That's just what he's done to me. He has also pursued at least three other people on Wikipedia that I know of (he's the one who posts links to his website on people's talk pages disguised as links to Wikipedia articles, so he can get their IP addresses). He's also done it in the past to journalists. One woman journalist lost her job because of him.
Nathan
I thought it was Bagley she was accusing of making violent threats, maybe I'm missing something.
nobs
QUOTE(Nathan @ Thu 20th September 2007, 8:52pm) *

I thought it was Bagley she was accusing of making violent threats, maybe I'm missing something.

She's very careful not to use Brandt's name, but the discussion is about stalkers making death threats and SlimVirgins demand for some action to be taken (i.e. creation of multiple Admin "role accounts"). She clearly implies the person making "threats of violence to family members, and attempts to destroy people's careers and reputations" is the same as "That person" who one woman "lost her job because of him." And this is in response to Brian McNeil discussing "what it is like when you get death threats by email and snail-mail."
GlassBeadGame
QUOTE(nobs @ Thu 20th September 2007, 9:04pm) *

QUOTE(Nathan @ Thu 20th September 2007, 8:52pm) *

She's very careful not to use Brandt's name, but the discussion is about stalkers making death threats and SlimVirgins demand for some action to be taken (i.e. creation of multiple Admin "role accounts"). She clearly implies the person making "threats of violence to family members, and attempts to destroy people's careers and reputations" is the same as "That person" who one woman "lost her job because of him." And this is in response to Brian McNeil discussing "what it is like when you get death threats by email and snail-mail."

Conflating the trivial and serious is typical WP dishonesty. "Threats of violence to family members " or "death threats by email and snail mail" are serious crimes. They completely warrant police intervention. They should be documented by police reports. Lacking such documentation the only reasonable assumption is the event did not occur.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.