Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Greg Felton
> Wikimedia Discussion > Articles
thekohser
I know that Greg Felton (User:Voxveritatis) is a lightning rod, but this attack on him by a half-literate Wikipediot (User:Eternalsleeper) is revolting.

And what is it about Jewish topics and Saskatchewan?

I now run away from this thread.

Greg
blissyu2
There's a typo in the topic name. Should be "breaking" not "braking".

As for the quote, here is a link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=144014527

Felton you are braking the rules of wikipedia. Nothing on there is in contempt and you have no right to claim otherwise. You are violating the rules and I will report you for this if you keep it up. I am indifferent on your work but I think you are worthy of having a wikipedia page. This is not a site where people pay money to advertise themselves.

Actually, looking at the quote, it seems that it is a deliberate typo... hehe.
Somey
I don't care if Felton is a rabid anti-Zionist... It's absolutely shameful and disgraceful that anyone should have to put up with that kind of baiting and arrogant bullshit by clowns like this "Eternalsleeper" moron anywhere, much less on one of the most popular websites in the world.

And I'd still like to know what the deal is with all these Canadians on WP causing people so much grief. Nathan, what's going on up there? I guess it's getting pretty cold right about now, it being late October and all... Still, with all the money they save on refrigeration, you'd think they wouldn't be quite so cranky this time of year. smiling.gif
thekohser
QUOTE(Somey @ Sat 20th October 2007, 1:38am) *

I don't care if Felton is a rabid anti-Zionist... It's absolutely shameful and disgraceful that anyone should have to put up with that kind of baiting and arrogant bullshit by clowns like this "Eternalsleeper" moron anywhere, much less on one of the most popular websites in the world.

Thanks for taking the time to read the screed, Somey. My favorite part from "Eternalsleeper" was:

You were in Ottawa for a hate fest at a local library next to my house a month or so ago, I regret not going but I did write to the library to complain amongst others.

Are we to seriously believe that a local library would sponsor a "hate fest"?

But more importantly, we have here a Wikipediot who was so incensed at Greg Felton that he wrote a letter to his library to complain about the author's appearance there. Yet, it is not a conflict of interest for this rabid foamer to edit Felton's article, but it's a conflict of interest for Felton to edit his own article on Wikipedia.

Eternalsleeper is a loose cannon if we've ever seen one, yet he has a pristine block log.

That's Wikipedia for ya.

Greg
guy
QUOTE(thekohser @ Sat 20th October 2007, 3:03pm) *

You were in Ottawa for a hate fest at a local library next to my house a month or so ago, I regret not going but I did write to the library to complain amongst others.

That's not what he said. I know a library with a room that external groups can hire for meetings. There were once complaints when a strongly pro-abortion group booked it that it was supporting "baby burners".

Incidentally, Will Beback has told this chap off for sockpuppetry and 3RR evasion.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Ete...ltiple_accounts
Poetlister
Eternalsleeper is now a member here.

I hope that Thekohser will have the grace to withdraw the accusation that he is "a half-literate Wikipediot" just because he made a typing error, and Somey will withdraw the curious charge that he is both a moron and a clowm.
Moulton
Perhaps we could work up an essay leading to a voluntary guideline on WR:Narcissistic_Wounding.
blissyu2
QUOTE(Poetlister @ Sun 4th November 2007, 12:01am) *

I hope that Thekohser will have the grace to withdraw the accusation that he is "a half-literate Wikipediot" just because he made a typing error, and Somey will withdraw the curious charge that he is both a moron and a clowm.

Let's let Eternalsleeper speak, perhaps he came in to defend himself. So let him defend himself.

There is no requirement here for people to get along. Indeed, if we all got along then this site would be rather pointless. We are able to speak freely here, and to have our own individual opinions. A little bit of discussion is good.

Of course The Kohser's wording was perhaps disrespectful, but its done now, and it might be a bit uh, strange, to change it after the fact.
Herschelkrustofsky
QUOTE(blissyu2 @ Fri 19th October 2007, 12:03pm) *

There's a typo in the topic name. Should be "breaking" not "braking".

Actually, looking at the quote, it seems that it is a deliberate typo... hehe.

I put it in quotes in the title, to avoid further misunderstandings. It appears to be the basis for theKohser's charge of "half-literacy."
thekohser
QUOTE(Poetlister @ Sat 3rd November 2007, 9:01am) *

I hope that Thekohser will have the grace to withdraw the accusation that he is "a half-literate Wikipediot" just because he made a typing error, and Somey will withdraw the curious charge that he is both a moron and a clowmn.

Let the Eternalsleeper speak, claim his identity, and discuss why he didn't feel he had a WP:COI even though he wrote a letter to his local library protesting their hosting a living person whose article he was lording over on Wikipedia.

I'm willing to be friends with the guy, even if he's a half-literate, moronic clown. smile.gif

Greg
Kato
The guy seems like a complete turkey, member or not. Take a look at this string of edits.

He removes a sourced statement attributed to the FBI which states that the Jewish Defense League are a "terrorist organisation" with the edit summary "rvv - i called FBI - not listed as a terror group - stop the baseless lies)"!

He then goes onto Roland R's page (who re added the sourced fact) to say:

QUOTE(EternalTurkey)
From your edits it appears you are against Zionism so your edits have a natural reason to be against the JDL and I suggest you refrain from editing that page as you may have a [[conflict of interest]].

Whether or not an organisation like the FBI should be quoted and sourced in a lead is another matter. I personally don't think they should be, but the statements to Roland are outrageous. I can't imagine he'll last much longer going about like that.

"I called the FBI.." indeed. rolleyes.gif
Jonny Cache

I hope that thekohser will have the grace to withdraw the accusation that he is "a half-literate Wikipediot" just because he made a typing error, and Somey will withdraw the curious charge that he is both a moron and a clown.

Spiking on be½ of the ½lit-irate, it' snooze 2 me that ne1 wood interr this florum mirrorly 2 xcape critischism.

Jonny cool.gif
eternalsleeper
QUOTE(thekohser @ Sat 20th October 2007, 8:03am) *

QUOTE(Somey @ Sat 20th October 2007, 1:38am) *

Thanks for taking the time to read the screed, Somey. My favorite part from "Eternalsleeper" was:

But more importantly, we have here a Wikipediot who was so incensed at Greg Felton that he wrote a letter to his library to complain about the author's appearance there. Yet, it is not a conflict of interest for this rabid foamer to edit Felton's article, but it's a conflict of interest for Felton to edit his own article on Wikipedia.

Eternalsleeper is a loose cannon if we've ever seen one, yet he has a pristine block log.

That's Wikipedia for ya.

Greg

Greg Felton's work has appeared on the National Vanguard (apparently without his consent). For your work to appear on the NV the work should speak for itself! Greg Felton, if he is indeed the person on Wikipedia, admitted his work was in there but without his consent. Anyways, I asked a few people who told me about Greg Felton and none of them have been able or interested in giving me any evidence of the things hes accused of.

I did not try to smear his name. I found an article on Canada.com by Ezra Levant that suggested he wrote for the National Vanguard and I mentioned it on his page.

If you read into the comments he left me, I mentioned that one of the people defending him was Jewish (he had an Ashkanzi Jewish category on his wiki page) and he then replied that I was condemning the person (by accusing him of being Jewish) as if there was something wrong with being Jewish. He's also called me, "a pischer, a harperite, a lying zionist, and a bunch of other nonsense," which I think gives much more credit to the accusations on the Internet.

If this is all propaganda against Greg felton and there is no proof of these allegations I have no interest to smear his name or as he says, "libel," him.

My interest on Wikipedia is Lebanon and geography in Canada.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contr.../Eternalsleeper

QUOTE(Kato @ Sat 3rd November 2007, 7:49pm) *

The guy seems like a complete turkey, member or not. Take a look at this string of edits.

He removes a sourced statement attributed to the FBI which states that the Jewish Defense League are a "terrorist organisation" with the edit summary "rvv - i called FBI - not listed as a terror group - stop the baseless lies)"!

He then goes onto Roland R's page (who re added the sourced fact) to say:

QUOTE(EternalTurkey)
From your edits it appears you are against Zionism so your edits have a natural reason to be against the JDL and I suggest you refrain from editing that page as you may have a [[conflict of interest]].

Whether or not an organisation like the FBI should be quoted and sourced in a lead is another matter. I personally don't think they should be, but the statements to Roland are outrageous. I can't imagine he'll last much longer going about like that.

"I called the FBI.." indeed. rolleyes.gif

The Jewish Defense League is not listed as a terrorism organization and if they were in the past they were not now. You can visit their web site at http://www.jdl.org and see that they are collecting donations, now can I terrorist organization collect donations with Paypal?

I don't really care about this article and I am outnumbered by many people who are insisting on keeping it the way it is, but this is the only link on the Internet they have and if they were a terrorist organization there would be many links and they would not be able to operate in the United States (which they do).

What is your explanation for this if they are a terrorist group??
Kato
This from the FBI website Terrorism 2001/2 is more convincing than your "phone call to the FBI" contradicting it, Eternal. How about just checking the source? You removed it as "vandalism" and then blamed the other guy for being an "anti-Zionist"!

QUOTE(FBI Website)
In December 2001 Irving David Rubin and Earl Leslie Krugel, members of the extremist Jewish Defense League, were arrested as they were in the final stages of planning attacks against the King Fahd Mosque in Culver City, California, and the local office of U.S. Congressman Darrell Issa.

However, you have a point that it shouldn't necessarily be in the lead in such blatant terms. The FBI cut and change their list on a whim it seems, depending on what political motivations they have at the time.
eternalsleeper
QUOTE(thekohser @ Sat 3rd November 2007, 9:19am) *

I hope that Thekohser will have the grace to withdraw the accusation that he is "a half-literate Wikipediot" just because he made a typing error, and Somey will withdraw the curious charge that he is both a moron and a clowmn.

Let the Eternalsleeper speak, claim his identity, and discuss why he didn't feel he had a WP:COI even though he wrote a letter to his local library protesting their hosting a living person whose article he was lording over on Wikipedia.

I'm willing to be friends with the guy, even if he's a half-literate, moronic clown. smile.gif

Greg

If you were the true literate of Wikipedia perhaps you would have understood the typo and how it was used like the other fellow on here?
Kato
QUOTE(eternalsleeper @ Sun 4th November 2007, 9:50pm) *

I don't really care about this article and I am outnumbered by many people who are insisting on keeping it the way it is, but this is the only link on the Internet they have and if they were a terrorist organization there would be many links and they would not be able to operate in the United States (which they do).

There are terrorist groups operating all over the United States backing various international causes, mostly monitored but not necessarily impeded by the FBI until things get a bit tasty.
eternalsleeper
QUOTE(Kato @ Sun 4th November 2007, 4:08pm) *

QUOTE(eternalsleeper @ Sun 4th November 2007, 9:50pm) *

There are terrorist groups operating all over the United States backing various international causes, mostly monitored but not necessarily impeded by the FBI until things get a bit tasty. The last time I checked, there were over 20 bands of FBI designated terrorist groups in Florida alone. And I'm not even including Jimbo God-King's civilisation-threatening WMF in that.

Where can I find proof that in 2007 JDL is a terrorist organization?

But are designated terrorist groups allowed to receive funding an freely operate?
guy
In December 2001 Irving David Rubin and Earl Leslie Krugel, members of the extremist Jewish Defense League, were arrested as they were in the final stages of planning attacks against the King Fahd Mosque in Culver City, California, and the local office of U.S. Congressman Darrell Issa.

We indeed have a literacy problem here. Calling someone "extremist" is not the same as "terrorist". George Galloway is an extremist and he may well have supported terrorists, but I would stoutly defend him against a charge of terrorism. If individual members of an organisation are arrested on suspicion of planning a crime (and were they ever charged?) does that make the whole organisation terrorists? If (for the sake of argument) an individual editor here were to vandalise WP, would that make this a vandalism site?
Moulton
All governments, by definition, are fear-inducing organizations, since all governments adopt the standard fear-induction model -- namely the Hammurabic Method of Social Regulation.
Kato
QUOTE(eternalsleeper @ Sun 4th November 2007, 11:31pm) *
Where can I find proof that in 2007 JDL is a terrorist organization?
That wasn't the question. The article stated :

QUOTE(Wikipedia extract removed by Sleeper as vandalism)
In [[2001]], the [[FBI]] officially labeled the organization a "right-wing [[terrorist]] group."

I showed you evidence that the statement was true. You called the restoration of this true fact "vandalism" and accused the editor who restored it of being an "anti-Zionist" with a "conflict of interest" on his talk page.
guy
QUOTE(Kato @ Mon 5th November 2007, 12:04am) *

I showed you evidence that the statement was true.

Kato - please read my previous post. You have produced evidence that the FBI regards them as extremists; the FBI has not, by your own evidence, called them terrorists. I don't think there's much doubt that they are extremists (and I would strongly condemn many things that they have said) but that's not the same thing as terrorists.
Kato
http://www.fbi.gov/publications/terror/terror2000_2001.htm

QUOTE(FBI: 2001 Terrorism in Review)
The FBI recorded 14 terrorist incidents and two terrorist preventions in the United States and its territories in 2001. Twelve of the 14 recorded incidents were carried out by domestic terrorists. One incident, the terrorist attack of September 11, was perpetrated by international terrorists. At this time, the other incident, an unsolved series of anthrax-tainted letters sent through the U.S. postal system, cannot yet be characterized as either domestic or international in nature. The two terrorist plots prevented by law enforcement in 2001 were being planned by domestic extremists.

Eight of the terrorist incidents that occurred in the United States in 2001 have been attributed to the Earth Liberation Front (ELF). A claim of responsibility for an additional incident, arson fires set at an automobile dealership in Eugene, Oregon, was issued by the North American ELF Press Office on behalf of an “anonymous group.” One incident was claimed by the Animal Liberation Front (ALF). Two terrorist incidents, separate bank robberies in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, and Morgantown, West Virginia, have been attributed to Clayton Lee Waagner, a special interest extremist who was arrested in December 2001 for numerous crimes related directly and indirectly to his anti-abortion activities. The terrorist attack of September 11, 2001, involving the hijacking of four commercial airliners which were crashed into the twin towers of the World Trade Center, the Pentagon, and a remote field in Pennsylvania, marked the first successful international terrorist attack in the United States since the bombing of the World Trade Center in February 1993. The attack was carried out by 19 members of Al-Qaeda, an international terrorist network headed by Usama bin Laden. A series of parcels containing the biological agent anthrax sent through the U.S. postal system during fall 2001 remains under investigation by the FBI and the U.S. Postal Inspection Service. As noted, to date, this terrorist incident has not been definitively classified as either domestic or international in nature.

A total of 2,788 people lost their lives in the United States in terrorist attacks that occurred during 2001. The September 11 attack resulted in 2,783 deaths, making it the most deadly act of terrorism ever committed. In addition to the fatalities, an unknown number of persons was injured. The subsequent series of anthrax mailings resulted in five deaths, with an additional 17 individuals receiving treatment for anthrax exposure. No other terrorist attacks carried out in the United States in 2001 resulted in deaths or serious injuries.

The two terrorist plots prevented by law enforcement in 2001 were being planned by domestic extremists. Ronald Mike Denton was planning to attack his former place of employment, the Chevron Oil Refinery at El Segundo, California, when he was arrested in March 2001. In December 2001 Irving David Rubin and Earl Leslie Krugel, members of the extremist Jewish Defense League, were arrested as they were in the final stages of planning attacks against the King Fahd Mosque in Culver City, California, and the local office of U.S. Congressman Darrell Issa.

It actually states at the MIPT Terrorism Knowledge Base that the group are "not now actively engaged in terrorist actions" after the 2001 captures. So presumably Sleeper is right that they are off the list, but there should be no doubt that they were considered a terrorist organisation in 2001, the relevant period.

But anyway, as stated earlier, I would actually fight to keep the term out of the lead. But I wouldn't revert it, label it vandalism and then berate someone else on their talk page.
eternalsleeper
QUOTE(guy @ Sun 4th November 2007, 5:53pm) *

We indeed have a literacy problem here. Calling someone "extremist" is not the same as "terrorist". George Galloway is an extremist and he may well have supported terrorists, but I would stoutly defend him against a charge of terrorism. If individual members of an organisation are arrested on suspicion of planning a crime (and were they ever charged?) does that make the whole organisation terrorists? If (for the sake of argument) an individual editor here were to vandalise WP, would that make this a vandalism site?

Since I last reviewed the page, it has been changed to a more correct version:

n its report Terrorism 2000/2001, the FBI referred to the organization as a "violent extremist Jewish organization."[5] The Terrorism Knowledge Base states that during the JDL's first two decades of activity, it was an "active terrorist organization."[2] That same source states that the JDL does not currently engage in terrorist actions.

MY WHOLE POINT was that JDL was NEVER LISTED as a terrorist organization and the revision of the page shows that someone finally figured that out. I had said from the beginning this report does not designate the JDL as a terror group. I am glad someone finally put out the truth.
Kato
QUOTE(eternalsleeper @ Mon 5th November 2007, 1:08am) *

MY WHOLE POINT was that JDL was NEVER LISTED as a terrorist organization

So an organisation listed in the FBI Terrorism Review 2001 conducting "terrorist plots" in 2001 whose leading members were arrested by the FBI on terrorism charges were "never listed as a terrorist organisation by the FBI?", and to add that they were in 2001 is "vandalism"?

blink.gif

Wikipedia at its best!

Oh, and here's the FBI in their own words.

QUOTE(FBI in their own words)
1980- 2001 - Figures include terrorist incidents, suspected terrorist incidents, and preventions, (The Jewish Defense League has been deemed a right-wing terrorist group.).

http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:rJSDP...clnk&cd=1&gl=uk

Gertcha, Sleeper. dry.gif
eternalsleeper
QUOTE(Kato @ Sun 4th November 2007, 7:21pm) *

QUOTE(eternalsleeper @ Mon 5th November 2007, 1:08am) *

MY WHOLE POINT was that JDL was NEVER LISTED as a terrorist organization

So an organisation listed in the FBI Terrorism Review 2001 conducting "terrorist plots" in 2001 whose leading members were arrested by the FBI on terrorism charges were "never listed as a terrorist organisation by the FBI?", and to add that they were in 2001 is "vandalism"?

blink.gif

Wikipedia at its best!

Oh, and here's the FBI in their own words.

QUOTE(FBI in their own words)
1980- 2001 - Figures include terrorist incidents, suspected terrorist incidents, and preventions, (The Jewish Defense League has been deemed a right-wing terrorist group.).

http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:rJSDP...clnk&cd=1&gl=uk

Gertcha, Sleeper. dry.gif

This report doesn't look official for 2001 (I commented on it in 2007- 6 years after this report, kinda outdated since they come out with new terrorist lists since then and JDL is not on them). As of 2007, they are not a terrorist organization and they never were.

Secondly, does deeming and designated mean the same thing? I don't think so, I could deem someone to be crazy and say they have schizophrenia but that doesn't mean they have been diagnosed as so.
blissyu2
With regards to terrorism, I like to remember a very true thing told to me by my late grandfather, in the days before terrorism was bandied around like shoplifting and before we had this "war on terror".

Terrorism is a label given by governments towards people that they don't like. Many people forget that for 20+ years the South African government regarded Nelson Mandella as a terrorist. Mother Theresa was regarded as a terrorist for many years by the Indian government. Mahatma Ghandi was regarded as a terrorist. Many people who are called terrorists are in fact non-violent protesters, whose peaceful activism upsets governments so much that the government who is under question labels them as a terrorist.

At the same time, in many cases governments themselves act as terrorists. Whilst we can all recognise and acknowledge the acts of the Russian government under Stalinism forcing people in Eastern Europe to accept communism - or die - and we can acknowledge such atrocities as the Tiannamen Square massacre, we sometimes forget that our own governments have also done things just as bad. The US government attacked Cuba in the Bay of Pigs fiasco, and they also carpet bombed Colombia and South American civilians during this incident.

One man's activist is another man's terrorist. This is why we always insist in non-violent protest for everything that we do, and we encourage everyone all around the world to engage in non-violent activism. Still many governments will label us as terrorists, but at least the world as a whole won't.

Terrorism isn't a black and white term. It is subjective, depending on who you are talking to. What is more important is to determine whether someone is harming innocent people. If you are harming innocent people, then no matter what your cause or how right it is you are doing something wrong.

As a side note, my grandfather was labeled as a terrorist by the US government following the successful appointment of George H Bush as President of the USA. My grandfather had led a world wide campaign to expose George H Bush as a terrorist. My grandfather had never so much as hit a person or animal in his entire life, and was a pacifist.
thekohser
QUOTE(eternalsleeper @ Sun 4th November 2007, 6:03pm) *

QUOTE(thekohser @ Sat 3rd November 2007, 9:19am) *

Greg

If you were the true literate of Wikipedia perhaps you would have understood the typo and how it was used like the other fellow on here?

Now that this thread is careering off track like a crippled TIE fighter, I'm hoping that it's safe to say that I need not even respond to this retort from Eternalsleeper. I'm content to admit defeat, that I am not the "true literate of Wikipedia". You win, Eternalsleeper. My critique of you was never about the conflict of interest in lording over a BLP with a WP:OWN frenzy, inclusive of even a letter writing effort to your neighborhood library when the subject of the BLP came to town. No, you win.

Greg
Kato
QUOTE(thekohser @ Mon 5th November 2007, 2:28am) *

Now that this thread is careering off track like a crippled TIE fighter, I'm hoping that it's safe to say that I need not even respond to this retort from Eternalsleeper. I'm content to admit defeat, that I am not the "true literate of Wikipedia". You win, Eternalsleeper. My critique of you was never about the conflict of interest in lording over a BLP with a WP:OWN frenzy, inclusive of even a letter writing effort to your neighborhood library when the subject of the BLP came to town. No, you win.

Greg

You can't say fairer than that.

And I'll add that Eternal Sleeper is correct on the other issue

A 2001 FBI Terrorist report stating that the JDL were plotting terrorist acts in 2001 and were deemed a terrorist organisation in 2001 is not the same as saying that the JDL were designated a terrorist organisation by the FBI in 2001. And to suggest otherwise is "vandalism".

Eternal Sleeper is on a winning streak tonight!
Kato
Though Bliss's post might have been heading a little off topic, I can't argue with any of his analysis which I wholeheartedly agree with!

So there's progress. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.