Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Somey, Would You Be The New Jimbo?
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
Piperdown
Will you be my new God-King?

Jimbo just didn't live up to the hype. I wouldn't trust him as a gofer on the Chicago Exchange.

Between Jonny Cache and the other dozen and growing Big Brains round here, I think AnotherPedia could rise from the ashes.

Will you promise to adhere to a NPOV? And when your chosen ones (ahem, Joseph, are you listening? You could be voted "Most Likely to be the New Mongo" on this 'NutherPedia) sometimes turn nasty, devious, and start paying homages to the Nixon, Mao, and Kruschev administrations in their own wikiadministrations, will you circle the wikiwagons, or do the righteous thing?

In this Anti-WagonCircleJerkPedia, the Yin to these Yangs could provide some fair balancing:

Somey as Jimbo
Selina as Slimmy
Alison as Alison (you go, girl!)
Kato as Jajyg
Guy as JzGuy (sorry, that was a superficial assigment not befitting the WRGuy)
WordBomb as The CheckUser (don't mess with a Righteous IP expert who doesn't fib!)
blissy as The Good Cop (hmm....Baudy?)
dtobias as dtobias (a truly free agent who answers to no COI! - you rule, dan!)
Milo LOL topia as Miltpitas (you could be a big mall or something)

ok, nuff of that.

Heck, we could just take the WP articles (ahem, Jonny Cache and the Pierce dude) we wrote or were banned for writing, and do it WR (WikiRight) without the Man keeping Palestine down, or promotin' books full of original research (i.e. boolshit) on our own autobiographies (although if Kohser writes a book, then quotes it on this new WRPedia, he gets a grandfather clause pass, like Berlet, etc, because..well...just because he's in the Early WR Inner Circle!
Nathan
Sorty, I misread Miltpitas as "Milt Pitas". Maybe Jimbo was hungry when he made that typo. tongue.gif
Piperdown
QUOTE(Nathan @ Tue 30th October 2007, 2:54am) *

Sorty, I misread Miltpitas as "Milt Pitas". Maybe Jimbo was hungry when he made that typo. tongue.gif

I made a typo of jimbo's typo....he called Uncle Milty "Milpitas"...which is notable for its Big Mall (wow, an american "city" noted for its shopping mall, imagine that).

Milpitas is probably on his brain as he "bolts" St Pete for San Fran. It's a Bay Area suburb. We'll call it a Franian slip. And I apologize for leaving you off the list, Nathan. Surely there's an evil twin of yours that is jackbooting around on WP, feel free to add yours to the list of the WRPedia Founding Fathers and Mothers List.

Check out the Milpitas WP entry. As with most city entries (especially American - whereas European city entries are for some reason plagued by "sister cities" cruft), it's crap.

The introduction is dominated by a rambling, gratuitous detail-ridden war-and-peace about the origins of the city name that would make jonny cache blush.

There's also a listing of apartments. I kid you not. Looks like your local Milpitas slum lords have COI'ed on that one, ha.

But the Great Mall of Milpitas gets the one-liner treatment. Ironic, ask anyone on a flight from NY-SF what Milpitas is, and they'll say its the town with the big mall. Perhaps the Milpitians are ashamed of it, and have downplayed their claim to fame on WP.
The Joy
Well, that leaves me as... MONGO!?! GRRRR!!!! 9 11! 9 11! 9 11! IF YOU BLOCK ME, THOU ART TOAST! I CANNOT BE BLOCKED! HARASSMENT! HARASSMENT! HARASSMENT!

I have been thinking about Stephan Colbert running for US President. Perhaps it is time for someone on WP to run for God-King/Jimbo in a similar fashion? If anything to prove a point?
Somey
Imagine a world in which every single person on the planet is given free access to the scum of all inhuman knowledge. That's what we're doing!
Jonny Cache
Scholium, Schmolium. PITA = Pain In The Ass.

Jonny cool.gif
blissyu2
Do we all get to pick who we want to be? Can I be Snowspinner? I can be fat, ugly, with bad teeth, and sit on a computer all night and write "fiction" about committing murder, then go on to Wikipedia and bag everyone out, and continue to say how what I am doing is "good for Wikipedia".

Although actually we all want to be SlimVirgin. Oh the power!
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(blissyu2 @ Tue 30th October 2007, 12:35am) *

Throw the Ring in the Pit, Frodo, while you still can !!!
dtobias
QUOTE(Somey @ Mon 29th October 2007, 11:45pm) *

Imagine a world in which every single person on the planet is given free access to the scum of all inhuman knowledge. That's what we're doing!

Do married people get access to anything?
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(dtobias @ Tue 30th October 2007, 12:40am) *

QUOTE(Somey @ Mon 29th October 2007, 11:45pm) *

Do married people get access to anything?

2ez …

oh, wot the hec —

That's what she said!

Jonny cool.gif
blissyu2
QUOTE(Jonny Cache @ Tue 30th October 2007, 3:38pm) *

QUOTE(blissyu2 @ Tue 30th October 2007, 12:35am) *

Throw the Ring in the Pit, Frodo, while you still can !!!

Yes, and then we can become invisible too, and get our unseen minions to do our bidding. Muwahahahaaha!

Actually that is pretty much spot on SlimVirgin.
Somey
Imagine a world in which every married person on the planet is given free access to the scrotum of all He-Man (and the Masters of the Universe!) knowledge. That's what we're doing!
guy
I want to be someone senior on WP who's calm, kind, reasonable and of course very knowledgeable and good at article writing.
LamontStormstar
QUOTE(Piperdown @ Mon 29th October 2007, 7:44pm) *

listening? You could be voted "Most Likely to be the New Mongo" on this 'NutherPedia) sometimes

Or ruler of Mongo? Or at least the Water Baron.

QUOTE(Piperdown @ Mon 29th October 2007, 7:44pm) *

Alison as Alison (you go, girl!)

Hmmm "you go, girl!" sad.gif
The Joy
QUOTE(guy @ Tue 30th October 2007, 9:22am) *

I want to be someone senior on WP who's calm, kind, reasonable and of course very knowledgeable and good at article writing.

I thought they banned him... whoever he was?

I guess there's always Giano or Geogre, but they are not the Cabal's friends.
Robster
QUOTE(guy @ Tue 30th October 2007, 9:22am) *

You want to be nonexistent?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.