Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wikipedia has worn out its welcome - Scripps News
> Media Forums > Wikipedia in the Media > Highlighted for Posterity
Newsfeed

Wikipedia has worn out its welcome
Scripps News, DC -39 minutes ago
By JAMES DERK One of the most interesting things to arise out of the Internet age is Wikipedia, a self-edited reference manual for the masses that allows ...

View the article[br]
thekohser
QUOTE(Newsfeed @ Tue 30th October 2007, 2:35pm) *

By JAMES DERK One of the most interesting things to arise out of the Internet age is Wikipedia, a self-edited reference manual for the masses that allows ...

View the article[br]

Hallelujah, Mr. Derk! Thank you for writing this.

I was one of the original fans of Wikipedia, writing enthusiastically about it and even submitting some material and photographs. Today I won't go near it.

This sums up major concerns most of us here have, in simple layman's terms. And no "Comments" feature, so David Gerard and Guy Chapman and Durova can't reply and berate the man for "misunderstanding" the Wikipedia culture he describes.

Greg
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(thekohser @ Tue 30th October 2007, 3:49pm) *

QUOTE(Newsfeed @ Tue 30th October 2007, 2:35pm) *

By JAMES DERK One of the most interesting things to arise out of the Internet age is Wikipedia, a self-edited reference manual for the masses that allows …

View the article[br]

Hallelujah, Mr. Derk! Thank you for writing this.

I was one of the original fans of Wikipedia, writing enthusiastically about it and even submitting some material and photographs. Today I won't go near it.

This sums up major concerns most of us here have, in simple layman's terms. And no "Comments" feature, so David Gerard and Guy Chapman and Durova can't reply and berate the man for "misunderstanding" the Wikipedia culture he describes.

Greg

Let us hope that this is a sign that the tide of Non-Investigative.Net Journalism Affectees (NINJA's) is finally turning.

Jonny cool.gif
WhispersOfWisdom
Oh....the humanity!

The truth will set you free!

wink.gif
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(WhispersOfWisdom @ Tue 30th October 2007, 4:40pm) *

Oh … the humanity!

The truth will set you free!

wink.gif

Ah Bartleby! Ah Humanity!

So many prefer not to be …

Jonny cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.