Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hitler has returned!
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
LamontStormstar
Hitler has returned!

I'm sure most of you know that one day Hitler will return. C'mon many of you have expected it and suspected it.

Where will he go next, this phantom from another time, this resurrected ghost of a previous nightmare - Saskatchewan; Alberta; Chicago; Los Angeles; Miami, Florida; Vincennes, Indiana; Syracuse; New York? Anyplace, everyplace, where there's hate, where there's prejudice, where there's bigotry. He's alive. He's alive so long as these evils exist. Remember that when he comes to your town. Remember it when you hear his voice speaking out through others. Remember it when you hear a name called, a minority attacked, any blind, unreasoning assault on a people or any human being. He's alive because through these things we keep him alive.

SlimVirgin is back.
thekohser
QUOTE(LamontStormstar @ Fri 2nd November 2007, 3:55pm) *

Hitler has returned!
SlimVirgin is back.

I hope that the sweet irony is not lost in the fact that her very first come-back edit involved an image of Himmler. Wonderful.

Even better would have been one of Douglas "I Shall Return" MacArthur.

Greg
GlassBeadGame
QUOTE(LamontStormstar @ Fri 2nd November 2007, 1:55pm) *

Hitler has returned!

I'm sure most of you know that one day Hitler will return. C'mon many of you have expected it and suspected it.

Where will he go next, this phantom from another time, this resurrected ghost of a previous nightmare - Saskatchewan; Alberta; Chicago; Los Angeles; Miami, Florida; Vincennes, Indiana; Syracuse; New York? Anyplace, everyplace, where there's hate, where there's prejudice, where there's bigotry. He's alive. He's alive so long as these evils exist. Remember that when he comes to your town. Remember it when you hear his voice speaking out through others. Remember it when you hear a name called, a minority attacked, any blind, unreasoning assault on a people or any human being. He's alive because through these things we keep him alive.

SlimVirgin is back.

Yes. It might be October is a just a busy time for vampires.
LamontStormstar
If WP admins hadn't raised such a fuss over the Miltopia banning, I think it's possible Jimbo would likely ban SlimVirgin next.
KamrynMatika
QUOTE(LamontStormstar @ Fri 2nd November 2007, 8:49pm) *

If WP admins hadn't raised such a fuss over the Miltopia banning, I think it's possible Jimbo would likely ban SlimVirgin next.

Hah. No. My money is on dtobias or everyking.
Kato
Vampires? Hitler?

Do I get the impression you guys don't exactly dig this editor?

Careful, don't let the SlimVirgin meme get to you. Can't you turn the Hitler comparisons onto some other wiki-figure, like Mike Godwin?

In the end, she's just another editor. Albeit an editor that dominated the site for so long she played a significant part in the site's demise and collapse. When lowly lawyer Fred Bauder thinks he can start haranguing a British QC on his blog to back his side of the story in this Slim meme, then Wikipedia really does look like it's imploding.

I urge people not to get engulfed by the Slim meme. (Bliss, I'm looking in your direction)
Aloft

I very much doubt it. As a matter of fact, I suspect one of the reasons she's back is because of Jimbo's actions lately. He was receiving behind-the-scenes criticism for not standing up for his "valued contributors." Now that he is going through the motions of fighting the War On Harassment, she will be editing more and have Jimbo watching her back.
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(Kato @ Fri 2nd November 2007, 4:58pm) *

When lowly lawyer Fred Bauder thinks he can start haranguing a British QC on his blog to back his side of the story in this Slim meme, then Wikipedia really does look like it's imploding.

Which raises the question —

What exactly does Bum's Rush mean in the Kink's Anglish !?

Jonny cool.gif
Piperdown
QUOTE(Aloft @ Fri 2nd November 2007, 9:01pm) *

I very much doubt it. As a matter of fact, I suspect one of the reasons she's back is because of Jimbo's actions lately. He was receiving behind-the-scenes criticism for not standing up for his "valued contributors." Now that he is going through the motions of fighting the War On Harassment, she will be editing more and have Jimbo watching her back.

Nice clean 30 day break should any un-cabal checkuser want to check out the SlimSockShow prior to 10/1/07 and run into the ip log cold case wall.
blissyu2
Given the Sweet Blue Water then Sunsplash then (possibly) Privatemusings sock puppets (and who knows how many others we didn't catch) and their failings, perhaps she has decided that she can't handle it as a sock puppet so is going back to her main account? Or perhaps she is just using this to set up a new sock puppet account properly.

As I said elsewhere, if you were playing an MMORPG, or mud, or game, then much worse than being banned is having your main character with all of the levels and good equipment and so forth deleted. SlimVirgin is a high level character, and it'd take ages for her to get all of the neat equipment and high levels back. She can start out newbie sock puppet accounts but in the end she is always going to want to use her main account, if for no other reason than to get lots of gold and neat stuff for her new sock puppet accounts. She will only abandon this completely when she has a new account that is at a higher level.

Come on, has nobody ever played an MMORPG (or mud, or similar game)? Seriously, you act like this is a surprise.

Indeed, her first few edits were all to Nazi-related topics.

Joel Brand
Rudolf Kastner

and related topics.

Both nazi-related topics.

The topic title is appropriate.
AB
Oh, good, I am glad Ms. SV is feeling better. : )
jorge
QUOTE(blissyu2 @ Fri 2nd November 2007, 11:09pm) *

Given the Sweet Blue Water then Sunsplash then (possibly) Privatemusings

Blissy, can we just put an end to the suggestions that Privatemusings is SV please- Privatemusings tried to restore the link to Robert Black's blog that exposed SlimVirgin as Linda Mack.
blissyu2
QUOTE(jorge @ Sat 3rd November 2007, 11:27pm) *

Blissy, can we just put an end to the suggestions that Privatemusings is SV please- Privatemusings tried to restore the link to Robert Black's blog that exposed SlimVirgin as Linda Mack.

Perhaps more importantly, can we put an end to you and Kato bashing members of this forum and trying to bully them to do what you like? That would be rather more useful I think.

There are only a handful of people that Privatemusings could be, and it is really important to expose them. While you insist on having it all private-private hush-hush they continue to have more power than they should. And then you add in insults and nastiness and it just gets increasingly worse.

No, this is now how you should be doing things, not at all.
guy
Repeatedly making improbale identifications is not the same as having a sensible discussion, I'm afraid.
Cedric
Welcome back Stroynaya Deva! Hasten The Day!

FORUM Image
KamrynMatika
QUOTE(blissyu2 @ Sat 3rd November 2007, 12:30pm) *

Perhaps more importantly, can we put an end to you and Kato bashing members of this forum and trying to bully them to do what you like? That would be rather more useful I think.

There are only a handful of people that Privatemusings could be, and it is really important to expose them. While you insist on having it all private-private hush-hush they continue to have more power than they should. And then you add in insults and nastiness and it just gets increasingly worse.

There are tons of people on WP who have been there for 2+ years that might have abandoned their account recently. Don't forget that this forum has a tendency to focus on a very small group of people.

If you really were that interested to find out who it was, you'd probably want to look amongst non-admins, for a start...
blissyu2
QUOTE(KamrynMatika @ Sun 4th November 2007, 12:39am) *

There are tons of people on WP who have been there for 2+ years that might have abandoned their account recently. Don't forget that this forum has a tendency to focus on a very small group of people.

If you really were that interested to find out who it was, you'd probably want to look amongst non-admins, for a start...

I am only aware of a few names, and don't have the resources to be made aware of others.

I checked out the names of people who commented on BADSITES, and who are suspects, and cross referenced them with other material that is available, and it basically gets down to about 3 people, and that includes non-admins. Of course, if we are going to suggest people that didn't comment on BADSITES then I don't know where to begin.

Regardless of which, it is a seriously troubling account, and it is in some way related to SlimVirgin at least.
KamrynMatika
QUOTE(blissyu2 @ Sat 3rd November 2007, 2:17pm) *

QUOTE(KamrynMatika @ Sun 4th November 2007, 12:39am) *

I am only aware of a few names, and don't have the resources to be made aware of others.

I checked out the names of people who commented on BADSITES, and who are suspects, and cross referenced them with other material that is available, and it basically gets down to about 3 people, and that includes non-admins. Of course, if we are going to suggest people that didn't comment on BADSITES then I don't know where to begin.

Regardless of which, it is a seriously troubling account, and it is in some way related to SlimVirgin at least.

Where did you look for people who commented on BADITES? So many people have commented on it, on AN, ANI, various policy talk pages, the arbcom case, to each other on User talk pages, in RFCs, on mailing lists. And the fact that this guy made a separate account to comment on the issue means he probably avoided doing it on his main account.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.