Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Don't Stuff Socks Up Your Nose (WP:DSSUYN)
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
Jonny Cache
I just noticed that a big bureaucrazy drawer full of our favorite Kiddie Kartoon Karacters are busy as bees redafting yet another one of their ludicrously unenforceable excuses for a policy.

And it's not even Satireday morning …

Jonny cool.gif
Piperdown
QUOTE(Jonny Cache @ Wed 7th November 2007, 6:32am) *

I just noticed that a big bureaucrazy drawer full of our favorite Kiddie Kartoon Karacters are busy as bees redafting yet another one of their ludicrously unenforceable excuses for a policy.

Jonny cool.gif

it's funny that SlimVirgin, she of the past and recent socks, and Guy, he of the recently outed sock, are all over that page, like a life-sentenced jailbird all over the bible.

oh lawd, i seen da light!

Slim & Guy, if you use some of your socks to help create "consensus", maybe you'll get this new policy through more quickly.

Get Mantanmoreland-Tomstoner-Lastexit-DoRight-Emilywelles to help, that's 5 more for sock consensus about socks right there.
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(Piperdown @ Wed 7th November 2007, 8:51am) *

Jonny cool.gif

it's funny that SlimVirgin, she of the past and recent socks, and Guy, he of the recently outed sock, are all over that page, like a life-sentenced jailbird all over the bible.

Slim & Guy, if you use some of your socks to help create "consensus", maybe you'll get this new policy through more quickly.

Get Mantanmoreland-Tomstoner-Lastexit-DoRight-Emilywelles to help, that's 5 more for sock consensus about socks right there.

Acting in all doo accurd with the Once And Future And Only Left Standing Wikipediot Guildline, to wit, or ¬, WP:HYPERHYPOCRITOCRACY, it's clear that they are trying to Re*Vamp the rules one more time in a way that will once and forever Re*Serve to the Cabal the WikiPrivvyleges that they deny to everyone else.

I suppose it's progress in a way, as they hardly work up a decent effort to pretend differently anymore.

Jonny cool.gif
WhispersOfWisdom
QUOTE(Jonny Cache @ Wed 7th November 2007, 7:04am) *

QUOTE(Piperdown @ Wed 7th November 2007, 8:51am) *

Jonny cool.gif

Acting in all doo accurd with the Once And Future And Only Left Standing Wikipediot Guildline, to wit, or ¬, WP:HYPERHYPOCRITOCRACY, it's clear that they are trying to Re*Vamp the rules one more time in a way that will once and forever Re*Serve to the Cabal the WikiPrivvyleges that they deny to everyone else.

I suppose it's progress in a way, as they hardly work up a decent effort to pretend differently anymore.

Jonny cool.gif

Oh the humanity! The irony!

When I was a kid; a devil sometimes I must admit, I came up with all sorts of ways to justify my bad behavior, after the fact. The simple answer for me and a means of alleviating the pain of a guilty conscience was to gain acceptance from my peers, or a vote of confidence from anyone that would listen to a lame excuse as to why there should be exceptions to various rules and regulations (for me, of course) that I had broken.

There is a page of policy and guidelines re: Sockpuppets.

I see a retro-play for justification and consideration for what Guy, SV, and various other administrators have been doing all along. Welcome to the MySpace and Facebook version of WP!

thekohser
Just as long as they don't mess with my ability to use multiple accounts to ask legitimate questions on policy and talk pages, which lead to the accounts being banned and whole ranges of IP addresses being blocked, I'm fine with it.

At this rate, I'll have 10% of America blocked from editing Wikipedia by year's end.

rolleyes.gif
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(thekohser @ Wed 7th November 2007, 10:42am) *

Just as long as they don't mess with my ability to use multiple accounts to ask legitimate questions on policy and talk pages, which lead to the accounts being banned and whole ranges of IP addresses being blocked, I'm fine with it.

At this rate, I'll have 10% of America blocked from editing Wikipedia by year's end.

rolleyes.gif

I'm schocked !!!

Schocked !!!

It's a fine public service you provide withal, but I never had you pegged for that %ile of underachiever.

Jonny cool.gif
GlassBeadGame
QUOTE(Jonny Cache @ Wed 7th November 2007, 1:32am) *

Jonny cool.gif

SlimVirgin is turning the policy back-ass-wards (sdraw-ssa-kcab). It was intended that if a productive editor wished to take a controversial position s/he could create a SPA to voice that position and remain free for controversy in editing. This is what you do if you care about article writing. Now under SVs proposal you could only use SPA for article writing, and you must use your principal account for any criticism of policy or the cabal. This is what you would do if you wanted to stifle descent and don't care about article writing.
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(GlassBeadGame @ Wed 7th November 2007, 11:01am) *

QUOTE(Jonny Cache @ Wed 7th November 2007, 1:32am) *

Jonny cool.gif

SlimVirgin is turning the policy back-ass-wards (sdraw-ssa-kcab). It was intended that if a productive editor wished to take a controversial position s/he could create a SPA to voice that position and remain free for controversy in editing. This is what you do if you care about article writing. Now under SVs proposal you could only use SPA for article writing, and you must use your principal account for any criticism of policy or the cabal. This is what you would do if you wanted to stifle dissent and don't care about article writing.

Yeah, alla dat, I'm sure. But don't let yourself bee too distracted by all of the WP:BS&M (Blue Smoke And Mirrors). The ulterior purpose of SlimVirginEtAlia's E-Laboured E-Turφ[sic]coreal Gerrymandering is just whatitis in all of that Company's other Productions, to wit or ¬wit, to render WikiPolicy so mind-dumbingly complex and subtle that only the WikiPriestHoods can properly interpret its case-by-case imputations for the Bee-Mazed Bee-Lightenment of the WikiParochial WikiΦlock.

Jonny cool.gif
Jonny Cache
Leave It To Beaver, Er, Jossi …

QUOTE(Jossi @ 07 Nov 2007 UTC 18:43)

Other users have been found to raise hell in one account, while pursuing normal editing with another account. That should not be only discouraged, but prohibited as well. ≈ jossi ≈ (talk) 18:43, 7 November 2007 (UTC)

Retrieved from Wikipedia Talk:Sock Puppetry.

Exactamundo !!
If you can't raise hell on all your accounts, what good are you !?

Jonny cool.gif
msharma
That's exactly what SV wanted, but I don't think she or Guy are going to get it. The conversation's moved on towards more rational solutions.

QUOTE(thekohser @ Wed 7th November 2007, 2:42pm) *

rolleyes.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.