Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: More questionable indef blocks by Ryulong
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors > Notable editors > Ryulong
Aloft
Looks like our boy Ryulong is taking some heat over a couple of his recent indefinite blocks:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Ryu...#Yugiohmike2001

This is my favorite part:
Why no warning or attempt to work with the user? Videmus Omnia Talk 02:48, 22 November 2007 (UTC)

I did not think of it at the time.—Ryūlóng (竜龍) 03:17, 22 November 2007 (UTC)

Don't worry Ryulong, all that silly "working with people" and "warning before banning" stuff isn't what Wikipedia is about anyway.
Proabivouac
QUOTE(Aloft @ Thu 22nd November 2007, 10:09pm) *

Looks like our boy Ryulong is taking some heat over a couple of his recent indefinite blocks:

I'm wish I could say that I'm surprised that Ryulong is still around. Wikipedia still has no answer to the very basic question, what happens when administrators don't follow the rules?
Moulton
QUOTE(Proabivouac @ Thu 22nd November 2007, 7:00pm) *
Wikipedia still has no answer to the very basic question, what happens when administrators don't follow the rules?

You get WikiDrama that is likely to be noted offsite, perhaps even in the popular media.
Yehudi
QUOTE(Moulton @ Fri 23rd November 2007, 2:56am) *

You get WikiDrama that is likely to be noted offsite, perhaps even in the popular media.

Like the Newsvine thread on Durova that has disappeared?
Moulton
The McPhee Newsvine Blog is still there, but that particular item has apparently been retracted without notice or explanation.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.