Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is this?
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors > Notable editors > Durova
the fieryangel
Refering to this section:

It now seems depressingly likely that a Private Mailing list exists where my (and others') cases have been discussed - see here which refers to this post and where Durova states "They don't know this list exists" . I'm afraid I further believe that it is likely that admin.s who have acted in my case are also recipients of this list. They have not disclosed this at any time to date.

The Arb. Com has made it quite clear, in my opinion, that discussion / preparation of blocks and bans through undisclosed off wiki communication is seriously not on. I would expect any such editors to receive very firm and immediate sanction. Privatemusings (talk) 21:21, 23 November 2007 (UTC)

Please also support my motion for disclosure. Privatemusings (talk) 21:27, 23 November 2007 (UTC)

WHAT is going on here?
Moulton
It looks like some kind of corrupt practice is going on.

But you probably already knew that.
Amarkov
Well, if we maintain the pattern we've been having, this case will now fail to arrive at a reasonable conclusion in a way that is completely unforseeable. I'm interested to see.
Herschelkrustofsky
QUOTE(the fieryangel @ Fri 23rd November 2007, 2:55pm) *

Refering to this section:

It now seems depressingly likely that a Private Mailing list exists where my (and others') cases have been discussed - see here which refers to this post and where Durova states "They don't know this list exists" . I'm afraid I further believe that it is likely that admin.s who have acted in my case are also recipients of this list. They have not disclosed this at any time to date.

The Arb. Com has made it quite clear, in my opinion, that discussion / preparation of blocks and bans through undisclosed off wiki communication is seriously not on. I would expect any such editors to receive very firm and immediate sanction. Privatemusings (talk) 21:21, 23 November 2007 (UTC)

Please also support my motion for disclosure. Privatemusings (talk) 21:27, 23 November 2007 (UTC)

WHAT is going on here?

The existence of the ArbCom mailing list is no secret.
Proabivouac
QUOTE(Herschelkrustofsky @ Sat 24th November 2007, 12:37am) *

It's not the ArbCom mailing list.
the fieryangel
QUOTE(Proabivouac @ Sat 24th November 2007, 3:09am) *

QUOTE(Herschelkrustofsky @ Sat 24th November 2007, 12:37am) *

It's not the ArbCom mailing list.

Exactly, so what is it then? I assume that "they" refers to people like us working for the Dark Side, but what is this soopersekrit mailing list?

What he also seems to be saying is that Arb-Com has already said that if this kind of thing is going on, they're prepared to sanction editors who use these kind of cloak-and-dagger tactics....
Miltopia
fieryangel, remember the evidence Giano posted from Durova's email? It's on Wikitruth:

http://www.wikitruth.info/index.php?title=...Sekret_Evidence

First, the good news:

1. They're working from the same playbook.
2. They don't know this list exists. http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=167325471

She's emailing to a private list of people collaborating on blocks. Some people miss that because the laughability of the evidence against !!. In fact, in the diff she presents to prove that the Bad Guys are ignorant of the list, she implies Privatemusings is a bad guy as well.
Disillusioned Lackey
QUOTE(Miltopia @ Sat 24th November 2007, 2:14pm) *

She's emailing to a private list of people collaborating on blocks. Some people miss that because the laughability of the evidence against !!. In fact, in the diff she presents to prove that the Bad Guys are ignorant of the list, she implies Privatemusings is a bad guy as well.

This is really scary stuff.

I hope that she's in no position of authority in real life. Her ethics are non-existent. And she's completely oblivious to it, which is the most scary thing. She's even so proud of it.
Miltopia
If she had any authority in real life she wouldn't have gone unrescuably mad with it on the internet.
Moulton
QUOTE(Disillusioned Lackey @ Sat 24th November 2007, 3:26pm) *
Her ethics are non-existent. And she's completely oblivious to it, which is the most scary thing.

Without commenting on the ethics of any one individual on WP, it occurs to me that there is more than enough headroom for a lot of people to climb the ladder of ethical calculus.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.