Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Da Durova Code
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors > Notable editors > Durova
GlassBeadGame
Well I think it is time to get behind the Durova for ArbCom movement. With an RfC and maybe an RfAr pending this is just too rich. Maybe next year The Joy or Derktar will raise the WR flag and run. But this is the year of going clean with Durova.

Now I would add a little suggestion. What we need is hidden messages in our blurbs explaining our votes. This will give election sleuths reasons, right or wrongly, to toss votes and create more drama.

1. Support. Durova remains a major asset.

2. Support Independent, reliable, organized, neutral, insightful, committed.

Now the above illustrations are meant to be easy. They decode to DRAMA and IRONIC. But the simple first letter of each word pattern is just the beginning. Be imaginative. Use patterns worthy of an expert in complex investigations. Prizes awarded for best intended message as well as best randomness mis-interpreted as code.
the fieryangel
QUOTE(GlassBeadGame @ Sat 24th November 2007, 3:57pm) *

Well I think it is time to get behind the Durova for ArbCom movement. With an RfC and maybe an RfAr pending this is just too rich. Maybe next year The Joy or Derktar will raise the WR flag and run. But this is the year of going clean with Durova.

Now I would add a little suggestion. What we need is hidden messages in our blurbs explaining our votes. This will give election sleuths reasons, right or wrongly, to toss votes and create more drama.

Now the above illustrations are meant to be easy. They decode to DRAMA and IRONIC. But the simple first letter of each word pattern is just the beginning. Be imaginative. Use patterns worthy of an expert in complex investigations. Prizes awarded for best intended message as well as best randomness mis-interpreted as code.

Oh, man. That's funny. It makes me want to open an account over there, but I don't have time to qualify now....
Disillusioned Lackey
I think it is a funny idea, but most over there won't grasp the"irony", and you'll get her voted in.

What we really want is her being voted in, by a landslide of real supporters, and then letting them choke on their own sauce for the next 1 year (assuming she makes good on her odd suggestion that one year of unmitigated power is enough for her, also known as "she doth protest too much". Because she'd never step down after 1 year).

She's getting my vote if I bother.

No irony.
everyking
I think the only people voting for her will be some of you guys and maybe JzG. It would be much more meaningful and helpful to drown her in a tidal wave of richly deserved opposition, rather than seeking to obscure or subvert the community's message.
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(GlassBeadGame @ Sat 24th November 2007, 10:57am) *

¡¡¡ Viva Durova !!!
— ¤ —
She Puts The FIB
In FIBONACCI

Jonny cool.gif
Poetlister
QUOTE(everyking @ Sat 24th November 2007, 3:35pm) *

I think the only people voting for her will be some of you guys and maybe JzG.

And Dmcdevit, Lar, UncleG and the rest of the "We hate Poetlister" crowd. sad.gif
GlassBeadGame
QUOTE(everyking @ Sat 24th November 2007, 10:35am) *

I think the only people voting for her will be some of you guys and maybe JzG. It would be much more meaningful and helpful to drown her in a tidal wave of richly deserved opposition, rather than seeking to obscure or subvert the community's message.

It's great when they blame all their mistakes on us. In the end it will deprive "the community" of even the possibility of moral responsibility.
Disillusioned Lackey
QUOTE(everyking @ Sat 24th November 2007, 9:35am) *

Hey there.

Some of us have been noting the woman's story for a long time. Knowing full well that if we did it openly, we'd be banned within days. After stifling s for months, it is time we had a bit of release.

And besides, if she is elected (which she still might be - surely she wont be desysopped - her cabal links are too strong), then she'd make an even bigger ass of herself, making an eventual meltdown inevitable. Exposing the corruption even further.

Thus, DUROVA FOR ARBCOM. Get your buttons, mugs, and calenders.
Amarkov
QUOTE(GlassBeadGame @ Sat 24th November 2007, 10:53am) *

QUOTE(everyking @ Sat 24th November 2007, 10:35am) *

It's great when they blame all their mistakes on us. In the end it will deprive "the community" of even the possibility of moral responsibility.

It would be really nice if they just blamed their mistakes on WR, but that would be admitting that there was a mistake in the first place. Ever since the first "DennyColt is a strawman!" accusation, anything that turns out to be clearly wrong was not just influenced by WR, it was created solely by the evil banned trolls. In fact, we're supposed to be forgiving Durova because she was just trying to deal with WR folks.

Gah, it's hard deciding whether to use the first or third person.
GlassBeadGame
QUOTE(Amarkov @ Sat 24th November 2007, 2:48pm) *

Gah, it's hard deciding whether to use the first or third person.

Honest evidence of real progress.
Daniel Brandt
Winter is almost here. Buy one for the poodle!

FORUM Image FORUM Image

From SlimVirgin User_talk archive 6:
I'd also happily nominate or support you when you feel ready, Slim. Dan100 19:24, Mar 8, 2005 (UTC)
Go for it, Slim! Jayjg (talk) 19:47, 8 Mar 2005 (UTC)
What they all said. Even if you dress your poodle funny. --jpgordon∇∆∇∆ 19:59, 8 Mar 2005 (UTC)
Love me, love my dog's clothes, Josh. SlimVirgin 20:10, Mar 8, 2005 (UTC)
Disillusioned Lackey
QUOTE(everyking @ Sat 24th November 2007, 9:35am) *

It would be much more meaningful and helpful to drown her in a tidal wave of richly deserved opposition, rather than seeking to obscure or subvert the community's message.

DEAR Everyking.

Sarcasm and comic reparte are the highest form of political opposition.

Mostly because they are fun to watch. More fun that boring evidence and complaints.

Haven't you ever watched Jon Stewart? Steven Colbert? Or Saturday Night Live? Jay Leno?

More importantly (and I can't believe I'm explaining this), by WR supporting her,she loses WP support. Normal supporters look at this and say "hey, why are the badsites supporting Durova?" Then they start reading, for maybe the FIRST time, about what she does and how she does it.

If she still wins (which of course no one really wants) then WP is stuck with her, and she drags them down to an embarassing form of hell. Online. So supporting Durova is "WIN-WIN"

DUROVA FOR ARBCOM.
Amarkov
QUOTE(Disillusioned Lackey @ Sat 24th November 2007, 11:57am) *

More importantly (and I can't believe I'm explaining this), by WR supporting her,she loses WP support. Normal supporters look at this and say "hey, why are the badsites supporting Durova?" Then they start reading, for maybe the FIRST time, about what she does and how she does it.

If she still wins (which of course no one really wants) then WP is stuck with her, and she drags them down to an embarassing form of hell. Online. So supporting Durova is "WIN-WIN"

DUROVA FOR ARBCOM.

The "normal folks" aren't going to care enough to think about why the evil badsites people are supporting, they'll just say "JzG supported, that's good enough for me!" It's possible they'll discover that Durova is a strawman account, set up to make secret evidence look bad, but I wouldn't expect many people to investigate just because we happen to be supporting.
Disillusioned Lackey
QUOTE(Amarkov @ Sat 24th November 2007, 2:05pm) *

The "normal folks" aren't going to care enough to think about why the evil badsites people are supporting, they'll just say "JzG supported, that's good enough for me!" It's possible they'll discover that Durova is a strawman account, set up to make secret evidence look bad, but I wouldn't expect many people to investigate just because we happen to be supporting.

I disagree completely. The only reason she's being investigated is that her antics were detailed here, to start with. Now they are taking them seriously, the best thing to do is add humor (which they can't do, lest they get chastened. Ok, a couple people have made some funny comments, that I don't have time to look up. Ok, I will).

But if people don't pay attention to facts the only next approach is to make them laugh. Because ignoring something funny is harder than ignoring a fact you don't like.

See: Political Humor and Authority: From Support to Subversion

Abstract
This paper attempts to categorize political humor using four criteria: target, focus, acceptability, and presentation. These are applied to examples of the humor of Bob Hope, the Gridiron dinner, Harry Shearer, and Lenny Bruce. Four types of political humor relating to authority emerge: supportive, benign, undermining, and subversive. /// L'humour politique peut s'analyser en fonction de quatre criteres: le sujet, le point de mire, l'acceptabilite, et la presentation. Ces criteres sont appliques a l'analyse de l'humour de Bob Hope, des diners Gridiron, de Harry Shearer, et de Lenny Bruce. Il en ressort quatre types d'humour politique, selon que ce dernier est reconfortant, benin, menacant, ou subversif.
Disillusioned Lackey
QUOTE(Disillusioned Lackey @ Sat 24th November 2007, 2:12pm) *

I disagree completely. The only reason she's being investigated is that her antics were detailed here, to start with. Now they are taking them seriously, the best thing to do is add humor (which they can't do, lest they get chastened. Ok, a couple people have made some funny comments, that I don't have time to look up. Ok, I will).

But if people don't pay attention to facts the only next approach is to make them laugh. Because ignoring something funny is harder than ignoring a fact you don't like.

Just noticed this. Wow. Almost a year ago.

From Wikipedia investigation to real investigation. What a year. What a waste of time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.