Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Durova, Jehochman, Hu12 SEO COI and the Chicago Exchange
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors > Notable editors > Durova
the fieryangel
I think that this is going to be a central issue in the upcoming ARB-COM case. It would be nice to group everything we know about this in one thread which would be easily consultable for all. Let's try to condense this into a resumé with diffs so that people can find everything in place. As we add things, I'll copy them up top.
Disillusioned Lackey
Nothing about HU12 in here, but I hope this helps.

I thought that an operettic version was highly appropriate.

Actually it is a Concerto, not an opera. But the topic is an opera, so......

Adobe Flash Required.
the fieryangel
QUOTE(Disillusioned Lackey @ Sun 25th November 2007, 7:05pm) *

Nothing about HU12 in here, but I hope this helps.

I thought that an operettic version was highly appropriate.

Actually it is a Concerto, not an opera. But the topic is an opera, so......

Adobe Flash Required.

that's brilliant. And IT WOULD make a great opera!

Getting back to business here :

On this thread, Piperdown suggests that there is a connection between Hu12 and a COI Sockfarm issue. He later states in the same thread that the common thread here is the Chicago Stock exchange, the exchange where Jimbo started his career as a trader.

On this thread, I wonder if Hu12 is Durova's sock, since he's made some edits on her user page, but it appears that he's probably not her sock, just a close associate.

In the initial Arb-com case presentation for Durova and Jehochman, Krimpet asks this question :

The first is Jehochman and Durova's potential conflict of interest with their SEO activity - it's disturbing to have people with stakes in search engine optimization self-proclaiming themselves as "sleuths" trying to hunt for others with conflict of interest. Kohs was banned for having such a conflict of interest - probably justifiably so - but why do we seem to tolerate Jehochman and Durova doing the same thing? We need a clear consensus, somehow, on how these conflicts of interest should be handled, and apply it equally.

JzG goes so far as to say that all of this is simply Greg Kohs trying to put Durova out of business on the SEO front.:

One thing is abundantly clear: User:Wikipedia Review (Grgory Kohs) wants Durova and Jehochman out of the market. He is a competitor in the field of talking about Wikipedia, SEO and conflict of interest. His perspective is not quite the same as that of the average Wikipedia - which is why he's banned, I guess - and he has pursued a concerted campaign, with the able assistance of several Wikipedians who should know better, to damage Jehochman and Durova. Attempts to promote Kohs' theory caused significant escalation of the dispute.

Finally, we have a series of blog posts by Russ Dunn of the Stepforth CEO blog here and here where Durova is discussed at length....

(get a load of this great graphic : )

FORUM Image

Can we add more info to this and try to get a better perspective of what's going on here?
Disillusioned Lackey
I don't think anything is going on except for the two are being investigated for fundamentally crappy behavior and mistreatment of people - not to mention ignoring the rules, but that's too normal to complain about (so is crappy behavior, but for once some people are objecting, which is good).

Durova's only prayer of redemption for being a complete moron and unapologetic about the fact is to claim she's harassed. The Durova for Arbcom movement only lends credence to this, unfortunately.

Her real problem is arrogance and overconfidence. Even if she messed up with !!, all she'd have had to do was apologize. The best she can do is hedge and justify then make some lameass claims of "hubris". It is hubris to call it hubris. If she just tried to be nice or asked for forgiveness with sincerity, not nastiness, she'd not have a problem today.

But she does have a problem, so she has to throw a big harassment party, call on all the biggest powers that be and make a big theatre.
Bob Boy
Looks like Durova will stand for reconfirmation at RfA after the ArbCom case is over (unless they remove her tools).
jorge
I think we all know that the outcome of this Arbitration Case is already predetermined. There is no democracy on Wikipedia. There is no transparency.
Disillusioned Lackey
QUOTE(the fieryangel @ Sun 25th November 2007, 2:37pm) *

Getting back to business here

That is business. Most normal people on the planet don't give a buzz about Wikipedia diffs. That video explains perfectly what happened, without having to learn about how to look in Wikipedia's history.

On this thread, Piperdown suggests that there is a connection between Hu12 and a COI Sockfarm issue. He later states in the same thread that the common thread here is the Chicago Stock exchange, the exchange where Jimbo started his career as a trader.
Maybe the guy has some COI, but I dont see the connection with D and J. Can you please explain what this has to do with Durova?

In the initial Arb-com case presentation for Durova and Jehochman, Krimpet asks this question :
The first is Jehochman and Durova's potential conflict of interest with their SEO activity - it's disturbing to have people with stakes in search engine optimization self-proclaiming themselves as "sleuths" trying to hunt for others with conflict of interest. Kohs was banned......

Sure. Both these people have the most blatant case of COI an Administrator could possibly have, but (pardon my being blunt) yes. Unless a few people get brain transplants, I am not optimistic anything will change that.

Finally, we have a series of blog posts by Russ Dunn of the Stepforth CEO blog here and here where Durova is discussed at length....(get a load of this great graphic : )

Yes, that's in my signature. Nothing new there. History. See the Durova on Digg thread.

Can we add more info to this and try to get a better perspective of what's going on here?
You mean to try to connect HU12, the articles on Durova's nasty behavior, and Durova and JeH's COI? unsure.gif
the fieryangel
QUOTE(Disillusioned Lackey @ Mon 26th November 2007, 9:44am) *

Maybe the guy has some COI, but I dont see the connection with D and J. Can you please explain what this has to do with Durova?

My hunch that they are connnected is in this thread. Hu12 was making corrections on one of her subpages which made me think at first that he was her sock. It turns out that he's probably not her, but they're thick enough that he can edit on her subpages, making corrections about her...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.