Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The WP Innocence Project
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
Piperdown
Barry Sheck (sp? Shreck? He is a lawyer after all, so ogre is not irrelevant) runs something called the Innocence Project. I believe he was one of OJ Simpson's Dream Team (no, not the 1973 Buffalo Bills Offensive Line, the 1995 Simpson-Goldman Slayings Really Offensive Line - for you WP admins who weren't born yet during the Summer of the White Bronco).

This Innocence Project basically gets Prison Lifers out of jail by exposing fraudulent Prosecutors, faulty evidence, railroading, etc, with hard science like DNA evidence proving other did the crime among other things.

Well, as we have seen this month, Durova has banned more than just "!!" on faulty evidence, there's been a slew of very perplexed former WP editors thanks to Durova on WP Death Row.

Durova is just one in a long line (many of whom are her WP friends) of admins who have had their way exercising WikiJimCrow Justice, Kangaroo Courting, and One Man Bans On the Down-Low.

Perhaps its time to give some banned WP'ians their day in court.

Whether it makes "trusted admins" look bad should not be a factor. Essjay, SlimVirgin, Jayjg, and Durova were once "trusted admins" and checkusers in some cases. But then I'm an idealist and not Jimbo Wales.
Disillusioned Lackey
JIm Crow laws were actually used to prevent blacks from voting, I believe.

Scheck probably started the Innocence project to assuage his guilt in collaborating to free OJ. I saw him on TV, and he admitted OJ was guilty, and he (Scheck) squirmed while talking about it.

You are right absolutely that Durova has a lot of people on Wiki-death row. I would personally call it bodies in the closet, but the sentiment is the same.
Proabivouac
I've been thinking about this myself. Every block by or at the behest of User:Durova deserves review.

I took a look at User:Arkhamite the other day. He'd made some clearly inappropriate comments. At the same time, Durova was involved in a content dispute with him, and was herself the target of his personal attack (he'd suggested she was sexually fixated on her FA subject, Joan of Arc.) He seemed intelligent and capable, and might have been banned anyhow due to trollish tendencies, but Durova certainly shouldn't have been the one to block him.

There are probably much clearer cases out there.
Moulton
QUOTE(Piperdown @ Mon 26th November 2007, 9:52pm) *

I call for a Truth and Reconciliation Commission.
The Joy
QUOTE(Moulton @ Tue 27th November 2007, 7:58am) *

You have to end Apartheid first before you can reconcile.
dtobias

It could be headquartered in Truth or Consequences, New Mexico.
Disillusioned Lackey
QUOTE(dtobias @ Tue 27th November 2007, 3:59pm) *

It could be headquartered in Truth or Consequences, New Mexico.

Isn't there a town called Truth or Dare?

Much more fun. mellow.gif
Piperdown
QUOTE(The Joy @ Tue 27th November 2007, 7:52pm) *

You have to end Apartheid first before you can reconcile.

start an "allegations of Wikipedia apartheid" article on WP and see if Jayjg comes out of his primary sock hole.

you remember jayjg, the guy who raided GFDL with Unauthorized Oversight whitewashing of embarassing edits from his wikipartner, was supposedly going to get transparent review by Jimbo and the Arbclowns, and still does what he wants on WP.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.