Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pre-Emptive Blocks Of Possible Sockpuppets
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
Jonny Cache
Jayjg is currently HARASSING Risker with repetitions of the following question:

QUOTE(Jayjg @ 27 Nov 2007 UTC 19:40)

Risker, I asked you to name the admins who "believed that a pre-emptive block of a possible sockpuppet was acceptable behaviour." Name them please.

Source. Jayjg, "Re:Missed Opportunities To Have Avoided The Durova Case", 27 Nov 2007 UTC 19:40.

See Also. Jayjg, Loc. Cit., 27 Nov 2007 UTC 19:05.

Anyone who has seen this routine before knows that as soon as Risker answers that question he's dead meat.

But since we are not trapped in the Inner Circus of Grand Inquisitor Jayjg's Sanctimonious Sanatorium, we can easily answer the question, in spades.

On the plausible assumption that any admin who executes a pre-emptive block of a possible sockpuppet ipso fatso believes that action to be acceptable behaviour, it is absolutely routine to name an all but unlimited supply of such names.

I will collect on this thread a small sample of cases that I can find right off. I am sure that others will have no difficulty adding their own pages to the ledger of abuse.

Jon Awbrey
Jonny Cache
Dynamic List —

«Mind The Edits, Not The Editor — Yeah, Right»

Pre-Emptive Blocks Of Alleged Sockpuppets

I will start this out with a class of especially clear cases of pre-emptive blocking —

Accounts With No Edits Outside Their Own User Or Talk Pages Blocked As Sockpuppets
  1. Abington92 ¤ Blocked by Thatcher131
  2. Blavek ¤ Blocked by Thatcher131
  3. Jupiterboat ¤ Blocked by Jpgordon
  4. Keira85 ¤ Blocked by Thatcher131
  5. Killian322 ¤ Blocked by Thatcher131
  6. Libra am25 ¤ Blocked by Thatcher131
  7. Q*bert ¤ Blocked by Jayjg
  8. Φωσφόρος ¤ Blocked by Jayjg
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(Jonny Cache @ Tue 27th November 2007, 5:05pm) *

I will start this out with a class of especially clear cases of pre-emptive blocking —

Accounts With No Edits Outside Their Own User Or Talk Pages Blocked As Sockpuppets

That's just a small sample of the lot that the Admins themselves took the trouble to collect for me.

So — Duh! — Jayjg is quite familiar with the names of Admins who carry out campaigns of pre-emptive blocking on a routine basis.

Then again, it's SOP among Wikipediot Admins to lie about everything in site, as illustrated by this amusing bit of poison pablum from Thatcher131.

Jonny cool.gif
Jonny Cache
There are days when I just can't decide which aspect of Wikipediot Cultcher is more outrageous, the bare-faced lies on the one side or the bare-assed cluelessness on the other.

This is one of those days, so here's a sample of face meets ass on the Wikienlist —

QUOTE(Jayjg @ 28 Nov 2007 UTC 15:20)

Risker made a false claim. I called him on it. He won't name people because no admins in this thread stated that a "pre-emptive block of a possible sockpuppet was acceptable behaviour." End of story.

Source. http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikie...ber/086188.html

QUOTE(Risker @ 28 Nov 2007 UTC 17:34)

Sorry to disappoint you jayjg, I just recognize that bothering to respond to your demands for proof would be an abject lesson in feeding the trolls. I'm not specifically referring to you, but we both know that any diffs or quotes I stick in here would be on Wikipedia Review in no time, and I have no interest in trying to persuade people who do not participate in building the encyclopedia that there are opportunities for improvement. They want to trash people, let them develop their own evidence; I'm not a big fan of lulz.

Source. http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikie...ber/086200.html

Yeah, like they have to tell us …

Jonny cool.gif
thekohser
QUOTE(Jonny Cache @ Tue 27th November 2007, 4:05pm) *

Dynamic List —

Don't forget:

23:15, 12 November 2007 Ryulong (Talk | contribs) blocked "Ryulengthy (Talk | contribs)" (account creation blocked) with an expiry time of indefinite ‎ (Abusing sock puppet accounts: Like I wouldn't catch that)

Not even a single edit on that account. Just the name seemed to violate Ryulong's trademark!

And don't forget this one:

00:06, 27 November 2007 Ryulong (Talk | contribs) blocked "Gustafson Must Die (Talk | contribs)" (account creation blocked, e-mail blocked) with an expiry time of indefinite ‎ ({{UsernameHardBlocked}})

Greg
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(thekohser @ Wed 28th November 2007, 4:26pm) *

Don't forget:

23:15, 12 November 2007 Ryulong (Talk | contribs) blocked "Ryulengthy (Talk | contribs)" (account creation blocked) with an expiry time of indefinite ‎ (Abusing sock puppet accounts: Like I wouldn't catch that)

Not even a single edit on that account. Just the name seemed to violate Ryulong's trademark!

And don't forget this one:

00:06, 27 November 2007 Ryulong (Talk | contribs) blocked "Gustafson Must Die (Talk | contribs)" (account creation blocked, e-mail blocked) with an expiry time of indefinite ‎ ({{UsernameHardBlocked}})

Greg

Yes, it's kinda silly doing this, since any Bo who knows Diddley about it knows that j'acCUsers routinely carry out industrial fishing expeditions where they block all accounts throughout massive IP ranges, with nary a glance to the edits, good, bad, indiff, or none at all.

Still and all, we constantly see the same Rank Lies being trotted out for the glorioskification of the clueless n00bs and n0t-s0-n00bs of Wikiputia, so I guess it's worth documenting a tiny sample of possible cases.

Jonny cool.gif
SomineSomiwhere
QUOTE(Jonny Cache @ Wed 28th November 2007, 8:54pm) *

(...)
Still and all, we constantly see the same Rank Lies being trotted out for the glorioskification of the clueless n00bs and n0t-s0-n00bs of Wikiputia, so I guess it's worth documenting a tiny sample of possible cases.

Jonny cool.gif

OK... Check these cases (FYI: there was zero edits, zero page moves, zero uploads, no nothing):
(by Mackensen)
With fantastic reason for indefinite block "...":
(by Jpgordon)
Somey
Holy shit, they blocked Professor Moriarty? The Napoleon of Crime? Yikes, that man is the organizer of half that is evil and all that is undetected in this great, uh, wiki! He has a brain of the first order. He sits motionless, like a spider in the center of its web, but that web has a thousand radiations, and he knows well every quiver of each of them. This is not a man who lets the grass grow under his feet!

I guess it's no wonder they wanted him blocked as soon as possible... You know, before he could do something terrible, like blank an article or something like that.

The game's afoot!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.