Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A list of ban-happy admins for Jay?
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors > Notable editors > Jayjg
gomi
Jayjg weighs in on mailinglistgate by badgering one correspondent in his usual way:

Risker, I asked you to name the admins who "believed that a
pre-emptive block of a possible sockpuppet was acceptable behaviour."
Name them please.

he then goes on to say this two or three more times. This is the wikien-l equivalent of saying: "Yeah? Who sez? So prove it? I thought so.".

Perhaps we can help Risker by assembling such a list. Off the top of my head, Ryulong, Raul, and Jayjg himself would seem to be on that list.

Next up: "I know you are but what am I?"
GlassBeadGame
QUOTE(gomi @ Tue 27th November 2007, 4:44pm) *

Jayjg weighs in on mailinglistgate by badgering one correspondent in his usual way:

Name them please.

he then goes on to say this two or three more times. This is the wikien-l equivalent of saying: "Yeah? Who sez? So prove it? I thought so.".

Perhaps we can help Risker by assembling such a list. Off the top of my head, Ryulong, Raul, and Jayjg himself would seem to be on that list.

People need to to be firm with admins who attempt to compel them to answer questions. They have no right or authority to do this. By the 2nd or 3rd time they are demanding an answer they are being intrusive, rude and abusive.

Tell them to go get a Jimbo Writ if they wish to compel answers.
gomi
QUOTE(Jonny Cache @ Tue 27th November 2007, 2:00pm) *

Geez … doesn't anybody read what I write here?

Sorry. This one didn't even need a secret decoder ring. Just call it great minds thinking alike, and you'd be at least half right.(*)

(*) Meant as a compliment

Jonny Cache
QUOTE(GlassBeadGame @ Tue 27th November 2007, 5:50pm) *

QUOTE(gomi @ Tue 27th November 2007, 4:44pm) *

Name them please.

He then goes on to say this two or three more times. This is the wikien-l equivalent of saying: "Yeah? Who sez? So prove it? I thought so.".

People need to to be firm with admins who attempt to compel them to answer questions. They have no right or authority to do this. By the 2nd or 3rd time they are demanding an answer they are being intrusive, rude and abusive.

Tell them to go get a Jimbo Writ if they wish to compel answers.

The TERMOFART you're looking for is Havurass Corpus.

The WP:POINT of the WP:HARASSMENT is that the person who names names will then be charged with a WP:PERSONAL FOUL.

Jonny cool.gif
Jonny Cache
Shoe Number Two

Shoo, Fly, Shoo …

Jonny cool.gif
Moulton
Heh. One editor wanted to ban me for posting a criticism of WP on my own blog. And another one wanted to ban me for posting remarks unrelated to WP on Larry Fafarman's blog.

Go figure.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.