> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors > Notable editors > Jayjg
CharlotteWebb
http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/wikie...ber/086207.html

You know, I understand the impulse people have to gawk at accidents
they pass by on the highway, but it's rare that they justify their
actions as "necessity".

Sorry, I thought it was funny.
gomi
Yes, I'm sure he's read the book in question, or perhaps seen the film.

The real question is whether he's read Rex Warner's The Aerodrome, since he often acts like a character from it.
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(gomi @ Wed 28th November 2007, 3:57pm) *

Yes, I'm sure he's read the book in question, or perhaps seen the film.

The real question is whether he's read Rex Warner's The Aerodrome, since he often acts like a character from it.

Have no fear, we're working on a sequel just for him —

… and Burn

(metaphorically speaking you understand …)

Jonny cool.gif
GlassBeadGame
So it comes down to this: Supporters of WP characterize it's inner workings as a car crash; Critics of WP maintain it is a train wreck. We are making progress.
Eleland
Wow, somebody mentioned The Aerodrome; I've been resolved to read through that one since I bought it at a used bookstore for 5$. Is it any good?
Amarkov
QUOTE(GlassBeadGame @ Wed 28th November 2007, 12:24pm) *

So it comes down to this: Supporters of WP characterize it's inner workings as a car crash; Critics of WP maintain it is a train wreck. We are making progress.

They characterise the inner workings that they want to draw attention away from as car crashes, and those things only. The things that we think are train wrecks are often held up as examples of Wikipedia working well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.