Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SV/Kelly Martin CAT FIGHT!!
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors > Notable editors > SlimVirgin
the fieryangel
Kelly Martin saw this....

To summarize (there are LOTS of juicy exchanges with cameos by Giano and other arbs, but this is the heart of the matter) :

Doc, in response to an e-mail I received from Kelly Martin this morning, I asked James a straightforward question, and he was unable to give a straightforward answer. It is something that needs to be discussed. Someone has been leaking confidential information to a woman who has been publishing serious personal attacks on Wikipedians; and it's a complete mystery to me why she's allowed to continue editing after that behavior. We ban people for a lot less all the time.

It really doesn't matter who the leaker is; that person clearly doesn't have the courage to step forward. What is clear is that reform of some kind is needed, because the community has very little faith in the arbitration committee because of this kind of thing. Reform is in everyone's interests. This is a situation where the interests of the community and the majority of the arbitrators identical. SlimVirgin (talk)(contribs) 01:17, 2 December 2007 (UTC)

Kelly replies on her blog and tells SV to GO LIAR!!

So, is it WAR? It's a very good catfight, anyway...

Update:

Kelly sez that there a rumour going around that the soopersekrit spying is still going on....
Moulton
It occurs to me that Wikipedia is too large a project, affecting too many real people around the world for the administrators to be anonymous.

To my mind, the admins need to be professional, responsible, accountable, and credentialed individuals.
Nathan
Yes, but that makes too much sense.
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(Moulton @ Sun 2nd December 2007, 7:47pm) *

It occurs to me that Wikipedia is too large a project, affecting too many real people around the world for the administrators to be anonymous.

To my mind, the admins need to be professional, responsible, accountable, and credentialed individuals.

To my mind, the admins need to be committed.

Jon Awbrey
wikiwhistle
lol biggrin.gif what, all of them?
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(wikiwhistle @ Sun 2nd December 2007, 9:48pm) *

lol biggrin.gif what, all of them?

Pretty much.

Obviously, they shouldn't all be committed to the same institution.

We don't want to see that.

We've already seen that.

Jonny cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.