Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ryulong-IP hasn't edited enough, so bannable
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors > Notable editors > Ryulong
Piperdown
"Trolling" is out of vogue for the current WikiStasi's nomenclature for "points well-made that we don't like".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:85.5.180.9

SV swoops in, and with a new-found balanced NPOV AGF TGIF PCP outlook on wikilife, coincidentally at the same time that JzG has also become a warm docile puppydog you just want to hug (see Alikvar's welcomeback wikiwagon message from the new JzG).

Jimbo's put out a thousand points of light edict to counteract his "shoot on site" edict, to the Super Sekret Mailing List club.

Ryulong didn't get the memo.

Say buh-bye to the tools, tool.

This just in: Ryulong doesn't assume good faith - that concept not covered on episode of "Power Rangers: Conquest of the Planet of the Wikipedians:

#######################

Ryulong blocked me while I was trying to finish formatting the information I was asked to cite about the Durova Congress case on ANI. So I'm sorry it isn't very clear at the end, but there is nothing can do about it.

Apparently, I am a "liar" and a "shit-stirrer" and "have no history of encyclopedic edits".

Hooookay.

Thanks,—Preceding unsigned comment added by 85.5.180.9 (talk • contribs) 17:57, 4 December 2007

##############################
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(Piperdown @ Tue 4th December 2007, 6:43pm) *

"Trolling" is out of vogue for the current WikiStasi's nomenclature for "points well-made that we don't like".

User Talk:85.5.180.9

SV swoops in, and with a new-found balanced NPOV AGF TGIF PCP outlook on wikilife, coincidentally at the same time that JzG has also become a warm docile puppydog you just want to hug (see Alikvar's welcomeback wikiwagon message from the new JzG).

Jimbo's put out a thousand points of light edict to counteract his "shoot on site" edict, to the Super Sekret Mailing List club.

Ryulong didn't get the memo.

Say buh-bye to the tools, tool.

Isn't that the IP from Zurich that was the source for the Newsvine story?

Jonny cool.gif
Disillusioned Lackey
I think the Newsvine story came out of the United States.

Newsvine today is the same "EMcPhee" person that wanted to interview someone from here last week.

Apparently this person just discovered Wikipedia's problems, and wants to blog about them.
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(Disillusioned Lackey @ Tue 4th December 2007, 6:53pm) *

I think the Newsvine story came out of the United States.

Newsvine today is the same "EMcPhee" person that wanted to interview someone from here last week.

Apparently this person just discovered Wikipedia's problems, and wants to blog about them.

This is the one —

Many thanks to the person using IP address 85.5.180.9, who provided much of the background research for this article.

Geobytes.com/IpLocator gives Zurich for IP=85.5.180.9.

Jonny cool.gif
Piperdown
QUOTE(Jonny Cache @ Tue 4th December 2007, 10:48pm) *

Jonny cool.gif

Using Durova's "Sleuthing For Dummies", SlimVirgin's "Cunning Linguistic Skills in 69 Days or Less!" and "How to Stop Worrying and Ban the Wordbomb" reference books, I've determined with 100% assurance, that the Zurich IP is none other than tennis's Swiss Miss.

She's recently retired, somewhat disgraced, and has a chip on her shoulder the size of the Matterhorn.

Yes folks, a cunning Hingis, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martina_Hingis is behind all this.

Keep the Williams' sisters BLP's on your watch lists for swiss vandalism.

Fox
What on Earth? Who blocked 300,000 IPs?
Piperdown
QUOTE(Fox @ Tue 4th December 2007, 11:06pm) *

What on Earth? Who blocked 300,000 IPs?

dunno what you're referring to, but out of context, I had to answer that question with a guess of "ryulong!" if forced to do so, based on past behaviour.
Moulton
Shouldn't Jonny get the UnDurova Award for Accuracy in IP Sleuthing?
Piperdown
Just when you think the Ryulong well has dried up, comes this:

"indirect trolling"

this guy is an iclonocast. A pioneer. Going boldly where no wikipedian admin has gone before.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Ryulong

87.254.68.249 (talk · contribs) requested an unblock. I'm still completing the port scan but it doesn't immediately look like an open proxy. May have been shut down in the last three days. Could you please reexamine and unblock if necessary? Thanks. --Yamla 22:41, 30 November 2007 (UTC)

That is one of the various IPs that have claimed to be Songgarden who has been disrupting the project by indirectly trolling Durova.—Ryūlóng (竜龍) 04:14, 1 December 2007 (UTC)

More bad blocks

Once again, you have continued to block good faith users without even the slightest attempt at warning them. User:Braverman01 made no mistakes not common to a newbie (would a kindly worded "please stop" do?). User:76.110.76.253, whom you blocked for 3 months for "vandalism" was doing nothing but making newbie mistakes: [1] (again, would "please stop" do?). If these users are sockpuppets, could I ask you to make sure to use a better edit summary when blocking them? The Evil Spartan 01:17, 2 December 2007 (UTC)

Ugh - why did you block those users without any warning? It's getting to the point that I pity the fool who dares to edit Power Rangers articles without checking with you first. Videmus Omnia Talk 03:11, 2 December 2007 (UTC)
Disillusioned Lackey
QUOTE(Piperdown @ Tue 4th December 2007, 5:15pm) *

Just when you think the Ryulong well has dried up, comes this: "indirect trolling"

this guy is an iclonocast. A pioneer. Going boldly where no wikipedian admin has gone before.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Ryulong
FORUM Image

Hey baby, wanna see my banhammer?
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(Piperdown @ Tue 4th December 2007, 7:05pm) *

QUOTE(Jonny Cache @ Tue 4th December 2007, 10:48pm) *

Jonny cool.gif

Using Durova's "Sleuthing For Dummies", SlimVirgin's "Cunning Linguistic Skills in 69 Days or Less!" and "How to Stop Worrying and Ban the Wordbomb" reference books, I've determined with 100% assurance, that the Zurich IP is none other than tennis's Swiss Miss.

She's recently retired, somewhat disgraced, and has a chip on her shoulder the size of the Matterhorn.

Yes folks, a cunning Hingis, Martina Hingis is behind all this.

Keep the Williams' sisters BLP's on your watch lists for swiss vandalism.

I gotcha scheißtering Swiss Kriss right cheer, Babe, enough to fill Satchmo Stadium!

Jonny cool.gif
Disillusioned Lackey
QUOTE(Piperdown @ Tue 4th December 2007, 5:05pm) *

She's recently retired, somewhat disgraced, and has a chip on her shoulder the size of the Matterhorn. Yes folks, a cunning Hingis, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martina_Hingis is behind all this. Keep the Williams' sisters BLP's on your watch lists for swiss vandalism.

Hingis is actually from the former Yugoslavia, though I think she plays for Switzerland, and lives there. Hingis has just been force retired for getting caught in a cocaine scandal last month.

Maybe she's pissed at Durova for stealing her press-scandal thunder.
guy
QUOTE(Piperdown @ Tue 4th December 2007, 11:15pm) *

87.254.68.249 (talk ?? contribs) requested an unblock. I'm still completing the port scan but it doesn't immediately look like an open proxy. May have been shut down in the last three days. Could you please reexamine and unblock if necessary? Thanks. --Yamla 22:41, 30 November 2007 (UTC)

Amazing - Yamla's discovered an IP that isn't an open proxy! Though he has to qualify the statement: "May have been shut down in the last three days".
wikiwhistle
it never lets me edit pages if i happen to be using a proxy because I've come from another site I view with one- is there a different way people have to do this (if they ever really do.)

When I use TOR it just says that my IP cannot edit because it is a proxy.
AB
Wikiwhistle, could you clarify what you are trying to do? Hide
your IP address from the WMF, or just switch easily between
using and not using a proxy?

If the latter, try FoxyProxy, a Firefox extension. (If you are
using some other browser, sorry, I don't know of a good
tool.)

If the former, I advise not discussing it publicly. Also, please
don't use proxies to vandalise. I realise you may feel that
WP deserves to be vandalised, but you are unlikely to
accomplish much besides making them hate proxies more
and helping them find the proxy IP to block.

P.S. It's Tor, not TOR.
Moulton
And if you use a proxy to troll, that's called Torolling.
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(Moulton @ Tue 4th December 2007, 8:23pm) *

Except of course for e-morphous tyrants tyrolling from the Alps …

Jonny cool.gif
AB
QUOTE(Moulton @ Wed 5th December 2007, 12:23am) *

The good people of Tor developed ways WP and others could easily
and accurately block Tor. I pointed these out. WP ignores them
at their own risk.

It seems they enjoy badmouthing Tor due to not all Tor exit nodes
being blocked and causing collateral damage blocking by innocent
IPs too much to actually implement methods that work to block Tor.

Besides, if they couldn't blame Tor for all their problems, how could
they blame people for having been molested as children?
wikiwhistle
QUOTE(AB @ Wed 5th December 2007, 12:11am) *

Wikiwhistle, could you clarify what you are trying to do? Hide
your IP address from the WMF, or just switch easily between
using and not using a proxy?

If the latter, try FoxyProxy, a Firefox extension. (If you are
using some other browser, sorry, I don't know of a good
tool.)

If the former, I advise not discussing it publicly. Also, please
don't use proxies to vandalise. I realise you may feel that
WP deserves to be vandalised, but you are unlikely to
accomplish much besides making them hate proxies more
and helping them find the proxy IP to block.

P.S. It's Tor, not TOR.

no lol, I merely meant is it even possible to do what ryulong is claiming the IPs are doing? Or is he talking nonsense?

I use a proxy to view another site and sometimes due to my rubbish memory it is accidentally still on when I land on wikipedia and try to edit- and I can't for a moment - which is annoying.

But it is easy to click off ,because I use the Tor button with firefox.

I've never vandalised wikipedia nor do I particularly intend to, because I am over 30 now lol and a bit old for such things.

Using a proxy of course is in and of itself not against any laws smile.gif

In fact, you can see in theory why someone would want to protect their privacy on WP for perfectly understandable, innocent reasons.

P.S. I thought it would be TOR, because it's an acronym. Bold.
Disillusioned Lackey
QUOTE(wikiwhistle @ Tue 4th December 2007, 7:07pm) *

no lol, I merely meant is it even possible to do what ryulong is claiming the IPs are doing?

He thinks the IPs are stalking him. He thinks they are under his bed.
QUOTE(wikiwhistle @ Tue 4th December 2007, 7:07pm) *
Or is he talking nonsense?

Is that a question?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.