I'd like to hereby apologise to Mr Brandt for changing my delete vote to keep in your 14th lucky AFD. But I'd like to think my posts on the matter swayed many to vote delete. Perhaps I was in a reverse psychology mode that day. Here were my thoughts on the matter:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=137343404

I changed my vote from delete to keep after finding 3 RS's on the page that focused an article on Brandt himself. So under notability for BLP benchmarks applied to other BLP's, this one passes as notable and having sources for a BLP. While in Rome, follow Rome's rules. But......I have read some of Brandt's reasons for asking for a deletion (I would do the same), and the reasons he gives boil down to all BLP's (or dead biographies for that matter) not just his. Anybody at any time can write some really evil crap about you on your wikipedia biography, and it can stay there and be googled for a very long time with no accountable editorial oversight. That is a legal powderkeg waiting to blow up whatever donations this endeavor takes in. Claiming that you promise that surely some kid in the school library in Cowtown, USA will be there in real time to ensure that defaming information won't be seen by anyone is a pipe dream. Good luck with that, wikipedia. [[User:Piperdown|Piperdown]] 22:39, 11 June 2007 (UTC)

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=137822969

:::I have an even better one. Don't allow any biographies on living people unless they agree first, not object after the fact. Also consult the heirs of dead biograph-ees and make sure they're ok with leaving their forebearers being accused of anti-semitism based on 2 co-habitating "scholars" from the 1950's with an axe to polish to a nub, or being possibly gay despite no forensic buggery evidence existing, yadda yadda....[[User:Piperdown|Piperdown]] 03:49, 13 June 2007 (UTC)

:::::: 1) I was kidding 2) I said "heirs" of dead people, not dead people 3) Charlie seems to love negative publicity. Try a conjugal visit and get him to sign the wikirelease, Anon. 4) Being dead does not give license for wikipedians with no life to spend 21 hours a day trying to paint numerous historical figures with the anti-semitism brush. Pretty much everyone in the Western world who wasn't jewish was to some degree culturally prejudiced against other religions and races before WWII. Also try finding a white American southerner before 1960 who didn't use the N word, often without malice but by cultural habit - I'm sure wikipedians next torch party will be on that front after they get through painting Santa Claus, the Brothers Grimm, and Mozart as anti-semites. Calls to the Grimm heirs in response were not immediately returned. What else are they hiding? [[User:Piperdown|Piperdown]] 13:17, 13 June 2007 (UTC)