Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hyuk hyuk Durova is so funny!
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors > Notable editors > Durova
Snowey
She is so funny and clever.

Make a list, every user having laughs in that discussion will vote "support" when she tries to get her sysop bit back.
Somey
Well, Durova is clever, at least when it comes to promoting herself. And it doesn't take a genius to realize that many Wikiipedians suffer from a dangerously underdeveloped sense of humor.

So, let's see... it's NOT okay to "spam" the Admin's Noticeboard with evidence of COI violations by admins, but it IS okay to spam the Admin's Noticeboard with abysmally unfunny jokes meant to make light of the effects of one's own screwups.

Check!
Moulton
Being able to laugh at oneself (or at one's predicament) is an antidote to acedia.
The Joy
I don't think !! would find it funny at all.
Disillusioned Lackey
QUOTE(Somey @ Sat 8th December 2007, 8:54pm) *

Well, Durova is clever, at least when it comes to promoting herself. And it doesn't take a genius to realize that many Wikiipedians suffer from a dangerously underdeveloped sense of humor.

So, let's see... it's NOT okay to "spam" the Admin's Noticeboard with evidence of COI violations by admins, but it IS okay to spam the Admin's Noticeboard with abysmally unfunny jokes meant to make light of the effects of one's own screwups.

Check!
Word.

I think that the severe lack of response to her unfunniness (sympathy posts from Alison don't count mellow.gif ) is evidence that there is eyerolling going on. Not to mention that she has to make it. If she were being given the kind of attention she craves desperately at all times, she wouldn't pull stunts like this.

Even the cabal is wagging their heads and saying "poor thing", surely. Again, message to Durova: save some self respect and take a break.

This edit wasn't the healing. It was the revealing. And so, so, so embarassing.
jorge
Oh hahahahahahahaha. Pleasssse STOP.
Disillusioned Lackey
Well, it's not a unianimous round of applause

* Endorse the ban of everyone involved in this thread. -- zzuuzz (talk) 18:04, 8 December 2007 (UTC)

Uncomplimentary comments on Durova Talk Page by Cluduc (who quit shortly thereafter) This is actually about the Angela AFD, but somehow seems appropraite here. Durova told him to "refactor his edit" which opposed the AFD.

My comments

... are rather strong, but so is the strong whiff of "courteous" relationships going on in this community. My communications with all other members are aboveboard, for all to see. Any other arrangement is, by my definition, corruption of the principles of openness which Wikipedia once stood for. So no thank you, I do not care to "refactor" my comments, nor do I wish to hide them on a secret mailing list. Cleduc (talk)

Well, I apologize for having offended you. I confirmed this biography subject's wishes by the same means as I confirmed every other BLP article I nominated for deletion. Although I respect the impulse to see these requests posted directly onsite, confirming their authenticity would be problematic that way. Do you have a better suggestion for how to go about it, if this isn't sufficiently above board? DurovaCharge! 23:45, 8 December 2007 (UTC)

You have not offended me, so no apology is necessary on that account. Your recent actions damaged this project, for which you have already apologized. This AFD draws disturbing parallels with the ongoing controversy, particularly as it involves the now-ominous word "courtesy" and a Foundation insider. The timing of this action could not have been worse: you presently have poor credibility with the community at large. In the best case, this AFD demonstrates very poor judgment on your part. Cleduc (talk) 00:05, 9 December 2007 (UTC)

The previous history of nominating two of Wikipedia's most prominent critics' biographies on the same basis ought to dispel that supposition. Our policy is WP:AGF. I hope everyone weighs the nomination on its own merits, and in light of the precedents cited, without reference to unrelated events. WP:AFD is supposed to be a referendum on the article, not the nominator. DurovaCharge! 00:12, 9 December 2007 (UTC)

I understand AGF quite well, thank you, along with the line in red – so if I were you, I wouldn't be dropping that particular card right about now. In any case, thanks for the memories. Cleduc (talk) 00:41, 9 December 2007 (UTC)

Well said, and I apologize for any impropriety. DurovaCharge! 01:14, 9 December 2007 (UTC)

If it makes any difference to clarify, this nomination was an outgrowth of a discussion I've been having with a Harvard student who's writing a thesis on Wikipedia. For about six weeks we've been in periodic contact.
This site's deletion dynamics play a role in her study and she recently mentioned the different outcomes of some similar biography nominations. I had nominated some of the other pages, but never this one. The timing was awkward, I agree, but the previous nominations set such a clear precedent for objectivity that I doubted anyone would contstrue mischief. I haven't nominated anything on that student's behalf, really, (this was my idea) and it's doubtful the result of this would even happen in time for the thesis deadline.(babble babble babble babble droooool) I won't deny we were curious. Another nomination seemed justifiable after half a year and the other precedents. Angela Beesley agreed to try it. DurovaCharge!

(oh! HARVARD you said! BECAUSE THAT MEANS EVERYTHING YOU DO IS OK - we didn't know that this was related to the HARVARD thesis request. It all ties together! The nutjob Harvard thesis Durova request to undelete Brandt, the Angela AFD, and the chocolate cookies she backed yesterday)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.