Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DaVita
> Wikimedia Discussion > Articles
thekohser
While glancing over the yet-to-be-oversighted list of 2007 Fortune 1000 companies, I spied this lovely article in Wikipedia about DaVita.

The article has 7 reference citations, so you know it has to be of NPOV quality. Indeed, look at this section of the article for proof:

Mission
To be the Provider, Partner and Employer of Choice.

Values
DaVita has a set of core values that provides a set of guidelines for fulfilling it's mission.

Service Excellence
Serving others—our reason for existing. We continually seek to understand the needs of those who depend on us (our patients, doctors, and our fellow team members) and then to exceed their expectations.

Integrity
We say what we believe, and we do what we say. We are trusted because we are trustworthy. In our personal, team, and organizational values, we strive for alignment in what we say and do.

Team
One for All, and All for One! We work together, sharing a common purpose, a common culture and common goals. We genuinely care for and support, not only those to whom we provide care, but those with whom we work shoulder-to-shoulder. We work together to pursue achieving our Mission.

Continuous Improvement
We never stand still; we are never satisfied. Individually, and as teams, we constantly look at what we do, and ask, “How can we do this better?” Then, we use a systematic approach to take action.

Accountability
We don’t say, “It’s not my fault,” or “It’s not my job.” We take responsibility for meeting our commitments—our personal ones as well as those of the entire organization. We take ownership of the results.

Fulfillment
We make a difference. We feel rewarded—personally and as a team—because what we do in our jobs is consistent with our goals and dreams. We believe “You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” (Mahatma Gandhi). And, when you are the change, that’s fulfilling!

Fun
We enjoy what we do. We know kidney dialysis is hard work; but even hard work can be fun. We take our jobs seriously, but we feel a fun environment delivers better care to our patients while creating a better work environment for our teammates. We strive for excellence and we have fun.[1]

Now, that is NPOV! It's clear that Wikipedia Review must have written that one, it's just a "PR puff piece".

Hoo-boy...

* edit by Nathan: changed link to pre-Amarkov edit.
Amarkov
Wow, nobody's edited the article for two months, since the guy who put that stuff in. Sorry if removing it ruined your fun.
thekohser
QUOTE(Amarkov @ Wed 2nd January 2008, 5:14pm) *

Wow, nobody's edited the article for two months, since the guy who put that stuff in. Sorry if removing it ruined your fun.

Nah, not at all. I am here to improve the content of Wikipedia and the professionalism of its community.

Besides, there are probably hundreds of articles about companies with equally horrid "stuff" in them. I just don't care to find any more today on a volunteer basis.

Good revert, Amarkov. Sincerely.

Greg
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.