Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Guy Chapman went to jail
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors > Notable editors > JzG
thekohser
That name we love to hate has finally gotten his comeuppance.

I was digging through the Google News archives, and lo and behold, what do I find?

Guy Chapman was toting a bit too much booze, and he got sent to jail for a month!

Enjoy your stay, JzG -- I hope they have high-speed Internet for ya in the hoosegow!

Oh, and anyone who has any doubts whatsoever about this reliable legal source, Loislaw, I did this Google search from scratch, ab initio, so it is unassailable.

Greg
Kato
As it clearly isn't the Guy Chapman we know and love, I'm not sure what more can be said on the matter? unsure.gif

(that was jus zum disclaimer)
GlassBeadGame
QUOTE(Kato @ Thu 10th January 2008, 9:20pm) *

As it clearly isn't the Guy Chapman we know and love, I'm not sure what more can be said on the matter? unsure.gif

Oh sure it was in Oklahoma and in 1924. But still I think he's The Guy. I believe conveying alcohol is some kind of Prohibition offense.
thekohser
QUOTE(Kato @ Thu 10th January 2008, 9:20pm) *

As it clearly isn't the Guy Chapman we know and love...

What makes you so sure? Only 5 states have lower bicycling fatalities per capita than Oklahoma. This is probably thanks to Guy Chapman's anti-helmet-equals-accident-avoidance campaign, which could only be executed by him living in Oklahoma in a similar way.

Don't be such a skeptic, Kato.

Greg
Kato
I suspect it is an ancestor of our beloved Guy, carrying the same name. When his fellow Okies realised that they were being exploited and mistreated on the land, and made plans to head for the West, Guy's ancestor stood at the roadside -- drunk out of his mind -- jeering, spitting and denouncing them as evil lunatics.

Before being carried off to the County Jail...
thekohser
QUOTE(Kato @ Thu 10th January 2008, 9:44pm) *

I suspect it is an ancestor of our beloved Guy, carrying the same name...

Well, I suspect that it is the actual Guy Chapman, and I know because I built this thread from the ground up, ab initio. I've only come across three people who are this obsessed with accuracy in case law: yourself, Jon Awbrey and Jonathan Barber.

Sheesh.

Greg
Amarkov
Doesn't JzG claim to be British?
thekohser
QUOTE(Amarkov @ Thu 10th January 2008, 10:49pm) *

Doesn't JzG claim to be British?

...hoooo boy...
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(thekohser @ Thu 10th January 2008, 10:02pm) *

QUOTE(Kato @ Thu 10th January 2008, 9:44pm) *

I suspect it is an ancestor of our beloved Guy, carrying the same name …

Well, I suspect that it is the actual Guy Chapman, and I know because I built this thread from the ground up, ab initio. I've only come across three people who are this obsessed with accuracy in case law: yourself, Jon Awbrey and Jonathan Barber.

Sheesh.

Greg

Hey, leave me outa yer lectronic frontier justdis — I've already been severely castigated (ouch!) by Hizzoner JuggsZisGuy for speculatin' under da effluence of Da Bad Company round these parts.

Jonny cool.gif
Miltopia
i wonder why heavy drinking has never been (as far as I know) suggested as an explanation of Guy's appalling behavior?
Amarkov
QUOTE(Miltopia @ Thu 10th January 2008, 9:49pm) *

i wonder why heavy drinking has never been (as far as I know) suggested as an explanation of Guy's appalling behavior?

Because heavy drinkers usually can't form coherent opinions. JzG's opinions are pretty coherent, it's just that they are usually so stupid it's hard to tell.
Somey
QUOTE(Miltopia @ Thu 10th January 2008, 11:49pm) *

Because tinnitis and clinical depression are much more plausible?

Most of the drunks I know are actually quite pleasant...
BobbyBombastic
Maybe now we can seriously discuss the theory that Guy is using his bicycle and a home built time travel device to gallivant around space and time; obviously this is just one misdeed that he has committed with his two-wheeled time warping machine. Just wait until we find the others.

The only question I have is does he wear a helmet while time traveling? huh.gif Even though Guy is really against wearing helmets, he may make an exception for time travel.
Miltopia
I dunno, he can be more profane than some of the drunken crazies I see on the street...
thekohser
QUOTE(BobbyBombastic @ Fri 11th January 2008, 2:11pm) *

Maybe now we can seriously discuss the theory that Guy is using his bicycle and a home built time travel device to gallivant around space and time; obviously this is just one misdeed that he has committed with his two-wheeled time warping machine. Just wait until we find the others.

The only question I have is does he wear a helmet while time traveling? huh.gif Even though Guy is really against wearing helmets, he may make an exception for time travel.

Bobby, I never thought about it this way, but I suspect you may be right.

I give you one of Guy's busty adult models testing out his invention...

The C H R O N O P E D E:

FORUM Image

Daniel Brandt
QUOTE(BobbyBombastic @ Fri 11th January 2008, 1:11pm) *

Time travel? Helmets? You're asking the wrong questions.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.