Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The endless cycle of CHARACTER ASSASSINATION and MMOG game play.
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
Joseph100
Read and laugh at this heap of bullshit, hidding under the pseudo intellectual tripe.

Note, the sockpuppet gambit, in order to discredit an augment
under the delightfully contradictory wikpolicy.

Ducks are quaking loud here...
With steaming hot shit like this, no wonder why Wikipeidia is a joke of jokes, a laughing stock with is kind of minutia.
Somey
QUOTE(Joseph100 @ Tue 15th January 2008, 1:38am) *
Note, the sockpuppet gambit, in order to discredit an augment under the delightfully contradictory wikpolicy.

Hmm... So if I understand this correctly, User:Lawrence_Cohen is trying to accuse User:Neutral_Good of actually being User:BryanFromPalatine, so as to get him ideologically profiled as a follower of FreeRepublic.com, but Neutral Good claims to be a completely different person who has no affinity with the "freepers" whatsoever... correct?

Personally, I'd have to say that waterboarding is a form of torture, though it probably isn't necessary for the WP article to state that categorically. Either way, I have to agree with the basis of what you're saying - it would be nice if people would focus on the issues, rather than trying to smear people like this as "sock puppets" just to gain advantage in what really amounts to a fairly simple left-vs.-right content dispute.
Joseph100
QUOTE(Somey @ Tue 15th January 2008, 2:01am) *

QUOTE(Joseph100 @ Tue 15th January 2008, 1:38am) *
Note, the sockpuppet gambit, in order to discredit an augment under the delightfully contradictory wikpolicy.

Hmm... So if I understand this correctly, User:Lawrence_Cohen is trying to accuse User:Neutral_Good of actually being User:BryanFromPalatine, so as to get him ideologically profiled as a follower of FreeRepublic.com, but Neutral Good claims to be a completely different person who has no affinity with the "freepers" whatsoever... correct?

Personally, I'd have to say that waterboarding is a form of torture, though it probably isn't necessary for the WP article to state that categorically. Either way, I have to agree with the basis of what you're saying - it would be nice if people would focus on the issues, rather than trying to smear people like this as "sock puppets" just to gain advantage in what really amounts to a fairly simple left-vs.-right content dispute.

Yes it's the sock talk which drew my interest in this... I find, if I watch the same "liberal" POV warriors, that they will always draw me to this little nuggets of gold like a buzzard to road kill.

In the context of this forum, it's not the subject that matters (we could talk about this as sidebar the morality of "waterboarding") but its the issue on how the argument is engages and the rules/ or lack thereof. The ad humuim attack, and the endless minutia about socks, while ignoring the
primary subject is what I am hammering on.

My opinion about torture, is the information gain from it, is almost always unreliable and as such, should not be used, as a practical matter. As a matter of policy, I believe that the U.S. should not engage in it. You can get better, more reliable results, in other ways that don't use torture.

For the sake of discussion, PBS website disscussion on torture.
thekohser
QUOTE(Joseph100 @ Tue 15th January 2008, 2:38am) *

Ducks are quaking

Indeed, ducks are quaking.

FORUM Image
theride
QUOTE(thekohser @ Tue 15th January 2008, 2:02pm) *

QUOTE(Joseph100 @ Tue 15th January 2008, 2:38am) *

Ducks are quaking

Indeed, ducks are quaking.

FORUM Image

Quacking too much, administrators will destroy anything they want.
Moulton
It's also a hazard that they may inadvertently destroy something they wanted to protect and preserve.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.