> Wikimedia Discussion > Articles
thekohser
It is gone.

Too bad. So sad.
GlassBeadGame
QUOTE(thekohser @ Sun 20th January 2008, 6:58pm) *

It is gone.

Too bad. So sad.

I think I shall miss you, "History of western Eurasia," most of all.
Peter Damian
QUOTE(thekohser @ Sun 20th January 2008, 11:58pm) *

It is gone.

Too bad. So sad.

It is your fault. Look at the discussion:

The nature of ownership in this case would stem not from a hostile treatment of editors who are trying to help (you seem to be kind and courteous to a fault, Dejvid), but rather the creation of a stream-of-fact prose that is so off-putting to other editors, they would not even wish to wade into this owner's article. Example: At least the Byzantines no longer had to worry about the Avars who had lost control over their Slav vassals but as these Slav tribes had overrun all the Balkans (including most of Greece) this did not help the Byzantines much and their only really sizable territory was Anatolia. I could not author a more incoherent set of nouns, verbs, and possessive pronouns if I tried. People are running screaming from this article, and some are even making fun of it on sites critical of Wikipedia. We can do better than this, but let's do it in History of <foo> locations that are more widely accepted (such as Europe, the Mediterranean, North Africa, and the Middle East) and have a more thriving community of authors, rather than this one author's narrative playground. - John Russ Finley (talk) 04:25, 11 January 2008 (UTC)

Luckily I saved the html down to my PC, tho' not sure how to recreate it.
thekohser
QUOTE(Peter Damian @ Mon 21st January 2008, 8:24am) *

It is your fault...

Yes, I know. I brought the whole thing to light. But, I didn't expect that Wikipedia would actually heed the advice of a BANNED USER! After all, that's acting as my PROXY. They will probably be investigating this John Russ Finley soon, and he will be facing questions from the usual MONGO-support Cabal. I feel sorry for that guy. He seems to be scholarly. Not a good fit for Wikipedia.

So, Peter, you say you saved the HTML? The actual source code, or do you mean the wiki-markup language? Anyone can take the wiki markup and copy it -- usually without a single modification -- to Wikipedia Review, as long as you attribute the origination of the text at least as honestly as JzG would. In fact, I've been mounting a mini-campaign to salvage articles from Wikipedia that were deleted, went to deletion review, and were ultimately deleted. Examples:

Pittsburgh Bulldogs

Maurizio Giuliano

ScoreHero

If you saved the wiki markup for History of western Eurasia, you could put it in a non-Wikipedia wiki running MediaWiki software, super easy. I'm not sure I want it cluttering up Wikipedia Review, though. wacko.gif

Greg

Peter Damian
QUOTE(thekohser @ Mon 21st January 2008, 2:29pm) *

QUOTE(Peter Damian @ Mon 21st January 2008, 8:24am) *

It is your fault...

So, Peter, you say you saved the HTML? The actual source code, or do you mean the wiki-markup language? Anyone can take the wiki markup and copy it -- usually without a single modification -- to Wikipedia Review, as long as you attribute the origination of the text at least as honestly as JzG would. In fact, I've been mounting a mini-campaign to salvage articles from Wikipedia that were deleted, went to deletion review, and were ultimately deleted. Examples:

Pittsburgh Bulldogs

Maurizio Giuliano

ScoreHero

If you saved the wiki markup for History of western Eurasia, you could put it in a non-Wikipedia wiki running MediaWiki software, super easy. I'm not sure I want it cluttering up Wikipedia Review, though. wacko.gif

Greg

That's all a bit techie for me mate. I just hit the 'view source' button and saved down the resulting text file.

I'm very keen on a museum to salvage the very best of Wikipedia, where do we start?

PS I very much enjoyed the links. Better than the actual encyclopedia, actually.
Kato
QUOTE(Peter Damian @ Mon 21st January 2008, 2:38pm) *

That's all a bit techie for me mate. I just hit the 'view source' button and saved down the resulting text file.

I'm very keen on a museum to salvage the very best of Wikipedia, where do we start?

Wikitruth do that very thing.
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(thekohser @ Sun 20th January 2008, 6:58pm) *

It is gone.

Too bad. So sad.

Save Yer Western Eur-Ass-O's, Boys!
The CornFedUpRicey Shall Rise Again!

Jonny cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.