Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WP's Boy article
> Wikimedia Discussion > Articles
The Joy
Does anybody gain a negative impression from the "boy" article on WP? Or is it just me?

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=184876082
dtobias
What about the article on "girl"? It's got this interesting item:

The word's earliest meaning in English was a child of either sex. A female child was called a gay girl while a male child was called a knave girl.

I wouldn't suggest calling a female child a "gay girl" in modern times, though.
thekohser
QUOTE(The Joy @ Sun 20th January 2008, 7:07pm) *

Does anybody gain a negative impression from the "boy" article on WP? Or is it just me?

I note that three paragraphs can't transpire without the centuries-old "gender roles" of boys being questioned.

Notice all the pictures featuring boy nudity or states of exposed-boy body parts that don't typically show up in yearbook portraits. Oh, if there were only a "Category:Lolita" counterpart for boys. Those wonderful-to-look-at boys.

But, wait! There's also the obligatory BDSM section in the "boy" article. Wouldn't be Wikipedia without a BDSM paragraph.

Thank you, Wikipedia, for making this all possible.

Joe Lieberman would be proud.

Greg
The Joy
QUOTE(thekohser @ Sun 20th January 2008, 7:30pm) *

QUOTE(The Joy @ Sun 20th January 2008, 7:07pm) *

I note that three paragraphs can't transpire without the centuries-old "gender roles" of boys being questioned.

Notice all the pictures featuring boy nudity or states of exposed-boy body parts that don't typically show up in yearbook portraits. Oh, if there were only a "Category:Lolita" counterpart for boys. Those wonderful-to-look-at boys.

But, wait! There's also the obligatory BDSM section in the "boy" article. Wouldn't be Wikipedia without a BDSM paragraph.

Thank you, Wikipedia, for making this all possible.

Joe Lieberman would be proud.

Greg

And don't forget the link to pedestry!
thekohser
QUOTE(The Joy @ Sun 20th January 2008, 7:32pm) *

And don't forget the link to pedestry!

If "boy" gets a link to pederasty, shouldn't the articles about "poodle", "horse", "sheep", and "alpaca" all get links to zoophilia? I'm confused. I thought that Wikipedia must be NPOV?!

Denying these animals of their proper links to the appropriate sexual fetishism page reveals a systemic humanist bias.

For shame, Wikipedia!

Greg
Moulton
QUOTE(thekohser @ Sun 20th January 2008, 7:30pm) *
Oh, if there were only a "Category:Lolita" counterpart for boys. Those wonderful-to-look-at boys.

That might be 'Adonis'.
Cedric
I was a boy once. I do not recall ass branding (see the the pic in the article) to be a traditional element of boyhood in my day, nor a normal "rite of passage" in those societies where slavery is no longer legal. What the hell??
Peter Damian
QUOTE(The Joy @ Mon 21st January 2008, 12:07am) *

OMG thank you for that one. Very strange indeed. And perhaps it's a coincidend, but your post appears last night (Sunday) and this morning (Monday) Krimpet appears

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=185819845

and removes BDSM, and

the frat boy branding "rm non-sequitur image". Thank you WR.
Peter Damian

After some research. It turns out that Cutefuzziebear added the pictures of the Palestine boy, and the Nicaraguan farming boy. His edit history suggests merely that he likes pictures of children, and that he is probably a teacher. Angr made the most edits, but has no particular editing patterns, and is moreover a v prolific editor.

The only other significant editor of the article in its present form was Fastifex, who added the Indian boys pictures "Indian boys skinny dipping for all to see", caption later changed to "Boys skinny dipping on a public place in India." Fastifex is a Latin name (good) who has written lots of articles on medieval scholars (good), articles on v. Catholic subjects such as Sisters of Notre Dame of Perpetual Help (v good). That is all good. Not so good, and possibly rather puts the first set of articles in a different light, is work on articles concerned with

* torture, cat o nine tails, torture rack, crucifixion, flaying, body cavity search
* 'English vice' articles such as caning, birching, use of paddles for spanking, fagging (English public school term), switches &c
* beachware, boxer shorts, swimwear, streaking, nudity, nudity in children
* The 'buttocks' article. He contributed a picture of some nice hairy buttocks – (since sadly deleted), other pictures of buttocks, briefs, undershorts, article 'asshole', loincloth. Also much on an article called 'sagging' which I had never heard of before but refers to the teenage boy fashion wearing pants below the waist to expose one's boxer shorts.
* stuff on choirboys

Words fail.
Peter Damian
But wait. There is another editor, Arcarius. This is latin for 'treasurer'. Arcarius' interests also involve medieval and Catholic theology, but he has a greater interest in spanking than Fastifex, and in leather equipment of all sorts, e.g. 'knout', a heavy scourge-like multiple whip, 'usually made of a bunch of rawhide thongs attached to a long handle, sometimes with metal wire or hooks incorporated'. Rawhide, jockstrap, men's swimsuit, human branding (!!), swimming shorts. Also uploaded a nice picture of a spanking bench in someone's living room, which appears to be still there:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bench_%28furniture%29

Which is bizarre, I mean, you look up an article with pictures of garden benches and stuff your elderly parents would buy from a garden centre, and there is this horrid black contraption at the bottom (!!) of the article, with leather straps and other unidentifiable things attached.

He writes:
a spanking bench, such as a caning bench, is specifically designed for a spankee to lie upon, possibly strapped down, while submitting to paining of the posterior

Also 'stinger'

The word can be used for an object that is similarly painfull, such as a particularly hard [[blow]], or a device that can easily cause such pain; especially, in BDSM, a [[spanking]] implement consisting of beaded wands, cemented into a cap and finished with a ring for hanging ([[http://www.paddlewerks.com/enter.html?target=front.html&lang=en-us]] sold as a 'spanking toy' - illustrated)

Much work on the 'spanking' article. Same daily edit pattern as Fastifex, i.e. sleep 12 to 6 am, rocket-powered editing until 4 o'clock, slightly less until bedtime. Where does he find time for the spanking?

guy
QUOTE(Peter Damian @ Mon 21st January 2008, 1:18pm) *

Same daily edit pattern as Fastifex, i.e. sleep 12 to 6 am, rocket-powered editing until 4 o'clock, slightly less until bedtime.

So there are two editors with similar interests, living in a similar way? ohmy.gif
Joseph100
QUOTE(guy @ Mon 21st January 2008, 7:44am) *

Same daily edit pattern as Fastifex, i.e. sleep 12 to 6 am, rocket-powered editing until 4 o'clock, slightly less until bedtime.

So there are two editors with similar interests, living in a similar way? ohmy.gif

So not to change the subject, but after reading Krimpet's history, he should be added to the Dque of the year poll.
Peter Damian
QUOTE(Joseph100 @ Mon 21st January 2008, 2:15pm) *

Always like to change the subject. But sorry, what is Dque?

Really changing the subject, your link took me to Krimpet's block of Fartlekstink. Fartlekstink's only contribution to Wikipedia was to redirect the 'Whore' article to 'Paris Hilton'. Bongwarrior then blocks him. Unblock request I'll tell your wife you've been having an affair if you don't unblock me.".

Decline reason: "As the blocking admin's mistress, I would have no problems with this information going public, so ha. — krimpet✽ 08:11, 17 January 2008 (UTC)"

And who is BongWarrior?

In late 1973, Bongwarrior's father and mother had "relations". This eventually resulted in Bongwarrior being born. He was a fairly hefty baby. His early years were very productive, as he learned to read and write and not get food in his hair.

Some time later, Bongwarrior discovered marijuana (or "ganja" as it is sometimes called by jazz musicians). He was intrigued by the fact that smoking this substance imbued him with certain super powers, such as the ability to sit through an hour of sitar music. At that time, he made a solemn vow to use these powers to defend the noble weed against all who would wish it harm, or at least keep smoking it. A short time later, Bongwarrior lost interest in academics and dropped out of college, though this is probably just a coincidence.

And these people are running the world's greatest encylopedia.

Moulton
They are participating in the Internet's most notorious experiment in unplanned social networking and lunatic social drama.
Joseph100
QUOTE(Peter Damian @ Mon 21st January 2008, 8:36am) *

QUOTE(Joseph100 @ Mon 21st January 2008, 2:15pm) *

Always like to change the subject. But sorry, what is Dque?

Really changing the subject, your link took me to Krimpet's block of Fartlekstink. Fartlekstink's only contribution to Wikipedia was to redirect the 'Whore' article to 'Paris Hilton'. Bongwarrior then blocks him. Unblock request I'll tell your wife you've been having an affair if you don't unblock me.".

Decline reason: "As the blocking admin's mistress, I would have no problems with this information going public, so ha. — krimpet✽ 08:11, 17 January 2008 (UTC)"

And who is BongWarrior?

In late 1973, Bongwarrior's father and mother had "relations". This eventually resulted in Bongwarrior being born. He was a fairly hefty baby. His early years were very productive, as he learned to read and write and not get food in his hair.

Some time later, Bongwarrior discovered marijuana (or "ganja" as it is sometimes called by jazz musicians). He was intrigued by the fact that smoking this substance imbued him with certain super powers, such as the ability to sit through an hour of sitar music. At that time, he made a solemn vow to use these powers to defend the noble weed against all who would wish it harm, or at least keep smoking it. A short time later, Bongwarrior lost interest in academics and dropped out of college, though this is probably just a coincidence.

And these people are running the world's greatest encylopedia.

It's French for "DICK of Distinction"
Peter Damian
QUOTE(guy @ Mon 21st January 2008, 1:44pm) *

Surely must be.

Why is it that about a third of your edits are reverting to Fastifex? AnonMoos 03:39, 16 May 2006 (UTC)

- Are you and [[User:Fastifex]] different people? You two seem very interested in reverting edits by other people back to the other of these two users. See [[Special:Contributions/Arcarius]] and [[Special:Contributions/Fastifex]]. Edit commentaries in cases of reverting are often in the form of "rv as Arcarius" or "rv as Fastifex". This comment has also been posted on [[User talk:Fastifex]]. [[User:Tskoge|Tskoge]] 20:05, 4 February 2006 (UTC)

guy

Why is it that about a third of your edits are reverting to Fastifex? AnonMoos 03:39, 16 May 2006 (UTC)
Ah, AnonMoos is someone who actually knows about BDSM and stuff. He's an admin on Wipipedia and went ballistic over accusations that he tried to stack the AfDs on the Wipipedia articles. He stupidly fell for Michaelas10's trolling:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Adm...9#User:AnonMoos
thekohser
QUOTE(Peter Damian @ Mon 21st January 2008, 5:59am) *

OMG thank you for that one. Very strange indeed. And perhaps it's a coincidend, but your post appears last night (Sunday) and this morning (Monday) Krimpet appears

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=185819845

and removes BDSM, and

the frat boy branding "rm non-sequitur image". Thank you WR.

Somebody should tell JzG that his "boy" Krimpet is PROXY editing for banned users from a BADSITE.

Furthermore, could someone find me a reputable dictionary that contains the word "spankee"?

Greg
guy
QUOTE(thekohser @ Mon 21st January 2008, 4:50pm) *

Furthermore, could someone find me a reputable dictionary that contains the word "spankee"?

Seems to be a term of art.

http://www.spankeefinder.org/
Amarkov
I don't get it. Why do we need so many pictures to illustrate what a boy is?
GlassBeadGame
QUOTE(Peter Damian @ Mon 21st January 2008, 8:18am) *

But wait. There is another editor, Arcarius. This is latin for 'treasurer'. Arcarius' interests also involve medieval and Catholic theology, but he has a greater interest in spanking than Fastifex, and in leather equipment of all sorts, e.g. 'knout', a heavy scourge-like multiple whip, 'usually made of a bunch of rawhide thongs attached to a long handle, sometimes with metal wire or hooks incorporated'. Rawhide, jockstrap, men's swimsuit, human branding (!!), swimming shorts. Also uploaded a nice picture of a spanking bench in someone's living room, which appears to be still there:

Which is bizarre, I mean, you look up an article with pictures of garden benches and stuff your elderly parents would buy from a garden centre, and there is this horrid black contraption at the bottom (!!) of the article, with leather straps and other unidentifiable things attached.

He writes:
a spanking bench, such as a caning bench, is specifically designed for a spankee to lie upon, possibly strapped down, while submitting to paining of the posterior

Also 'stinger'

The word can be used for an object that is similarly painfull, such as a particularly hard [[blow]], or a device that can easily cause such pain; especially, in BDSM, a [[spanking]] implement consisting of beaded wands, cemented into a cap and finished with a ring for hanging ([[http://www.paddlewerks.com/enter.html?target=front.html&lang=en-us]] sold as a 'spanking toy' - illustrated)

Much work on the 'spanking' article. Same daily edit pattern as Fastifex, i.e. sleep 12 to 6 am, rocket-powered editing until 4 o'clock, slightly less until bedtime. Where does he find time for the spanking?

The post and the preceding one by you in this thread make up an extraordinary, and disconcerting, analysis.
Nya
QUOTE(dtobias @ Sun 20th January 2008, 8:17pm) *

What about the article on "girl"? It's got this interesting item:

The word's earliest meaning in English was a child of either sex. A female child was called a gay girl while a male child was called a knave girl.

I wouldn't suggest calling a female child a "gay girl" in modern times, though.

Which is sourced to Reader's Digest, which I would not really call reliable. They reprint urban legends on a semi-regular basis.
Moulton
Why isn't there a militant editor by the name of Corporal Punishment in this fray?
The Joy
QUOTE(Amarkov @ Mon 21st January 2008, 12:14pm) *

I don't get it. Why do we need so many pictures to illustrate what a boy is?

And with many of those pictures with naked/semi-naked boys?

Oh, I found a good reason not to release a picture of yourself or anyone into the GFDL. That picture of the Boy Scouts on the boy articles has now ended up on a Wikia "spanking art" site.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:ScoutFun.png

http://spankingart.wikia.com/wiki/Image:ScoutFun.png

Those poor kids!
The Joy
There are plenty of better, less controversial pictures of boys on Commons.

Like this one that is heart-breaking to me.

Or even this one, if WP is desperate.

Anyway, thanks Krimpet for getting rid some of the controversial aspects of that article. I would have used my account to do so, but I had this fear that there were "owners" of that page wanting to keep things in the status quo for... um... "nefarious" reasons.
The Joy
I fear the boy article may be coming under siege again. Krimpet and others trimmed it of most of the stuff I was concerned about a while back, but it seems some are determined to keep the pedestry and "Boi (gender)" links in the article. I just don't see a reason why. Does Britannica or any other encyclopedia discuss pederasty in their boy articles?

I sense some villainy afoot.
The Joy
Hate to... oh my... triple post, but this guy, Arcarius, and this guy, Icarus3 are the ones who have reverted much of the article back to its "disturbing" version.
bluevictim
Icarus3: some grammar mistakes here and there, first edit is on a talk page using an edit summary about NPOV, also psychology articles (Freudian oral, anal, genitasl stages, anger and rage, disorders, etc), added to some hHarry Potter mish-mash and the Emo article. However, aside from that, Icarus' edits are mostly to birth-related, sexual (masturbation, condom, etc), and (surprise!) BDSM-related topics and the spanking article.
The Joy
My concerns are not so much Icarus or even Arcarius, but the fact that the boy article has remained in a pro-pedophilia state for as long as it has and that "consensus" is defending it. Krimpet tried to fix it and that was fine until others came along and undid her work.

I wish morals and ethics would trump Wikipedia policy one day.
Peter Damian
QUOTE(The Joy @ Mon 24th March 2008, 4:16am) *

My concerns are not so much Icarus or even Arcarius, but the fact that the boy article has remained in a pro-pedophilia state for as long as it has and that "consensus" is defending it. Krimpet tried to fix it and that was fine until others came along and undid her work.

I wish morals and ethics would trump Wikipedia policy one day.

I'm pleased to see that no one has reverted Arcarius' idiosyncratic contribution to the garden furniture article

(See my analysis above of Arcarius' disturbing work).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.