Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: List of pigs over 1000 pounds
> Wikimedia Discussion > Articles
Moulton
Bill Geist did a segment on this subject on CBS Sunday Morning a few months ago. Mebbe it was pumpkins rather than pigs, but what's the difference?

It's part of American Popular Culture, and thus belongs in a compendium of popular culture.
Kato
List of pigs over 1000 pounds was put up for deletion after my post.

The deletion debate is a hoot. Proposals included merging it into List of Pigs, and comparisons were drawn with List of Apes and List of historical bears.

The List of historical bears article is so sad. It has an entry for the target of Teddy Roosevelt's famous hunting trip, where the poor animal is cataloged simply as "An old un-named bear". The bear with no name. The List of Apes features a section on "Ape Actors", as well as a list of "Scientific Apes" that includes simian linguistics scholar "Nim Chimpsky". Left turn Nim.
guy
The result was no consensus between keep and merge, certainly deletion is not the consensus. However, I am redirecting to List of pigs because all the material is currently there. Mangojuice 18:39, 30 January 2008 (UTC)

Funny, the usual rule is that no consensus defaults to keep.
Amarkov
QUOTE(guy @ Thu 31st January 2008, 10:09am) *

The result was no consensus between keep and merge, certainly deletion is not the consensus. However, I am redirecting to List of pigs because all the material is currently there. Mangojuice 18:39, 30 January 2008 (UTC)

Funny, the usual rule is that no consensus defaults to keep.

Not on alternate Wednesdays, obviously.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.