Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mantanmoreland = Samiharris
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors > Notable editors > Gary Weiss and his cavalcade of socks
Piperdown
yeah i'm a classy guy, but when you got railroaded like I did off WP by a pack o'liars, letting off a lil bit o'steam is warranted. You know, like Mongo gets to do on the hour every hour on WP.

A very reliable tip has come in that sami is not a very cool cat. Hopefully more details to come. Disgust amongst yourselves.
LamontStormstar
I'd like to see a request for checkuser done on their names. An admin would have to request it to have it be taken seriously.
BobbyBombastic
They would probably say that even if they are the same person, that the person operating both accounts is not doing so abusively, so no check is warranted.
Saltimbanco
QUOTE(BobbyBombastic @ Wed 23rd January 2008, 2:08pm) *

They would probably say that even if they are the same person, that the person operating both accounts is not doing so abusively, so no check is warranted.

But, if they are socks, they have been used abusively, even within the last few days:

Mantanmoreland votes "support" on MONGO2 RfA

Samiharris votes "support" on MONGO2 RfA

Blnguyen seems to have taken it upon himself to do checkuser on people voting in the election, so probably he is the one to whom this matter should be referred.
Piperdown
QUOTE(Saltimbanco @ Wed 23rd January 2008, 7:25pm) *

QUOTE(BobbyBombastic @ Wed 23rd January 2008, 2:08pm) *

But, if they are socks, they have been used abusively, even within the last few days:

Blnguyen seems to have taken it upon himself to do checkuser on people voting in the election, so probably he is the one to whom this matter should be referred.

Gary abused those two accounts for tag-teaming after being told to "stop it" with his other sockpuppets. I'm pretty sure the tip I got is reliable, as that person has been 99.994% ivory soap reliable in the past on such things, and is being coy with the information for now. Probably to see how this revelation seeps its way through the smoky ban room channels.

After Mantanmoreland got caught making consensus with himself as LastExit, he waited awhile before doing it again as Samiharris if this tip turns out true. Waiting for more from the tipster.

I was reluctant to peg sami as mantan, even though he did throw a fit as sami during a talk page discussion that was almost to the word the same as another emotional fit that mantan threw on the same subject. I just thought Gary was smart enough to get another actual real person to fake consensus with, but the man never ceases to amaze.
LamontStormstar
QUOTE(Saltimbanco @ Wed 23rd January 2008, 12:25pm) *

Blnguyen only ran checkuser on one account because it had only 9 edits.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.