Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sorry, I made a mistake, but it was funny
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
The Wales Hunter
Whoops, I deleted the main page, boys and girls - but it's okay, it was funny!
One
Deleting the mainpage for no conceivable purpose whatsoever is funny, but try nominating it for deletion and compare results.
Moulton
I wonder what this big red button does?
KStreetSlave
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Ryanpostlethwaite

Look at his picture. That explains everything.
Viridae
Ryan didn't do it? he jokingly said that it couldnt be deleted and someone tried to test that theory.
One
Remember how we talked about the possibility of making pages non-deletable by adding of useless edits? Well, it looks like some enterprising admins topped User:Maxim's poor judgment by unilaterally using BetacommandBot to create thousands of null edits.

Curiously, the junk edits were removed from the main page, but at this moment it still gives a message that it cannot be deleted due to having over 5000 edits. So it's either lagging, counts oversighted edits as part of its history, or has some sort of manual hack to prevent admins from deleting it.

Update: Ah, it's the devs. Attempting to delete now gives the message "You can't delete or move the main page."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.