Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Even Jimbo supports MyWikiBiz
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
thekohser
Thanks for the endorsement, Jimbo!

I know of no reason why an editorially-appropriate link to wikipediareview.com should be deleted. Whether any given link is editorially appropriate depends of course on complex questions which will be local to individual articles, but certainly we should reject the extreme argument in this case. There can of course be sites which really are spam sites... for example those targetted by automated spam bots. These can and should be dropped into the blacklist. I do not see any reason the current case rises to that level.--[[User:Jimbo Wales|Jimbo Wales]] ([[User talk:Jimbo Wales#top|talk]]) 20:39, 5 February 2008 (UTC)
LamontStormstar
It sounds like he just says your site doesn't spam.
Disillusioned Lackey
QUOTE(LamontStormstar @ Wed 6th February 2008, 11:13am) *

It sounds like he just says your site doesn't spam.

Naw. He just said it's not a *badsite™*.
anthony
QUOTE(thekohser @ Wed 6th February 2008, 4:48pm) *

Thanks for the endorsement, Jimbo!

I know of no reason why an editorially-appropriate link to wikipediareview.com should be deleted. Whether any given link is editorially appropriate depends of course on complex questions which will be local to individual articles, but certainly we should reject the extreme argument in this case. There can of course be sites which really are spam sites... for example those targetted by automated spam bots. These can and should be dropped into the blacklist. I do not see any reason the current case rises to that level.--[[User:Jimbo Wales|Jimbo Wales]] ([[User talk:Jimbo Wales#top|talk]]) 20:39, 5 February 2008 (UTC)

I wonder what they'd do if someone started bot-spamming their Wikia site.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.