Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wardrobe malfunctions
> Wikimedia Discussion > Articles
Achromatic
What a fantastic article - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wardrobe_malfunction

with gems of quotes like:

Wardrobe malfunction is a euphemism used to describe the accidental exposure of an intimate part or parts of the body due to a defect in an article or articles of clothing.

But even this pales in comparison to:

Slang Internet terms representing a wardrobe accident include oops (referring to the embarrassment caused by being caught in such a situation), nipple slip/breast slip, and upskirt.

Indeed, "nipple slip" gets its very own section:

A nipple slip is the accidental exposure of a woman's nipple in public. Nipple slips are very popular in the world of celebrity paparazzi and on celebrity-driven gossip blogs and websites. A nipple slip can, in some cases, be avoided with the use of lingerie tape.

Spare us.
everyking
You don't feel this is a notable subject? Or you don't like the way it's written (I don't see a problem)?
LamontStormstar
They forgot the accidental exposure of one's knickers, especially when getting out of a car. Or in Britney Spear's case for wearing no knickers, the intentional exposure of her entire groin area and inside of her vagina to the paparazzi and then Paris Hilton trying to get her to close her legs.

I'd add it to the article, but I don't have any sources that aren't news tabloids.

I really feel the article needs pictures.
Achromatic
Here's another, for your edification: "Buttock cleavage".

Where would the world be without people to document this? And how would Eckersberg feel knowing his work was being used thusly?
guy
QUOTE(Achromatic @ Fri 8th February 2008, 6:20pm) *

And how would Eckersberg feel knowing his work was being used thusly?

Why should he object? It's all for the good of the Wikiproject. If he did want to object, it's his fault for dying over 100 years ago, thereby releasing copyright.
Viridae
QUOTE(LamontStormstar @ Thu 7th February 2008, 2:40pm) *

They forgot the accidental exposure of one's knickers, especially when getting out of a car. Or in Britney Spear's case for wearing no knickers, the intentional exposure of her entire groin area and inside of her vagina to the paparazzi and then Paris Hilton trying to get her to close her legs.

I'd add it to the article, but I don't have any sources that aren't news tabloids.

I really feel the article needs pictures.

huh?
Somey
QUOTE(Viridae @ Sun 10th February 2008, 7:31pm) *
huh?

Well, why not have pictures? It's not like WP generally avoids that sort of thing... I mean, at this point, the nicely-illustrated Uncyclopedia version is probably more useful and informative to the casual information-gatherer than the WP version is. Sheez, if it weren't for that, we wouldn't even know that Paris Hilton normally appears in public with a paper bag over her head.

And I won't even mention the ED article on the subject, since they don't even seem to have one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.