Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Great news from Jimbo!
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors > Notable editors > Gary Weiss and his cavalcade of socks
Piperdown
LOL.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=190863074

Why?
Because this makes him look really bad. Again.
His best approach, now, is to pull a GW Bush and claim he was fed bad sooper sekret intelligence in 2006, and in 2008 his Slimmest of assistants just didn't think it was important to give him the Sami dossier while #2 (and I mean that in the most turd-burglarising way) was embarrassing wikipedia by blocking Utah, banning editors out of the Sweet Blue, and hiding the Jayjg hog the best he could.

Go Jimbo! The teflon is on, baby!
thekohser
To quote Jimbo:

==Email From Jimbo Wales==

Posting this at Jimbo's request:

'''"I have asked SirFozzie to quote me on-wiki because I am traveling a lot this week and will not have time to visit the issue directly until Friday. I support that this investigation continue, and request that it be done in a kind, thoughtful, loving way, and that any trolling be dealt with firmly. An investigation is not a negative mark against the accounts involved, and the best possible outcome is a firm confidence that the charges are not true."''' [[User:SirFozzie|SirFozzie]] ([[User talk:SirFozzie|talk]]) 14:01, 12 February 2008 (UTC)

Once again, we have "kind, thoughtful, loving way" mentioned in the VERY SAME SENTENCE as troll suppression. I know Jimbo is the King of Doublespeak, but man, he's got it down to same-sentence dissonance, now! The man is good!

Anyway, when was the last time any of us saw something handled on Wikipedia that produced "the best possible outcome"?

biggrin.gif
GlassBeadGame
QUOTE(thekohser @ Tue 12th February 2008, 10:09am) *

To quote Jimbo:

'''"I have asked SirFozzie to quote me on-wiki because I am traveling a lot this week and will not have time to visit the issue directly until Friday. I support that this investigation continue, and request that it be done in a kind, thoughtful, loving way, and that any trolling be dealt with firmly. An investigation is not a negative mark against the accounts involved, and the best possible outcome is a firm confidence that the charges are not true."''' [[User:SirFozzie|SirFozzie]] ([[User talk:SirFozzie|talk]]) 14:01, 12 February 2008 (UTC)

Once again, we have "kind, thoughtful, loving way" mentioned in the VERY SAME SENTENCE as troll suppression. I know Jimbo is the King of Doublespeak, but man, he's got it down to same-sentence dissonance, now! The man is good!

Anyway, when was the last time any of us saw something handled on Wikipedia that produced "the best possible outcome"?

biggrin.gif

I thought the idea of investigations was to be "fair and impartial" not "kind and loving." This is really very creepy.
Piperdown
I would bet the wikifarm that Jimbo and Gary have had some very colourful telephone conversations since October 2006.

And this just in from WP's favorite random-generalist, George William Herbert....he's heard that Judd uses doctored screen shots! How convenient. Whether he heard that from Gary's Calvacade of Self-Tocking-Socks is undertermined at this time.

After all, Judd up to this point has just been so "morally depraved". And right.

Even Fred woke up from a long hot bath, trying to scrub off the bad things that he saw on WP, and offered some choice Gary Diffs. Like I said, Fred will tell the truth if you ask him politely, firmly, and consistently. While I don't know if I'd trust my divorce proceedings to him, I wouldn't mind him on my side in a nasty traffic accident dispute.
Piperdown
QUOTE(GlassBeadGame @ Tue 12th February 2008, 3:14pm) *

I thought the idea of investigations was to be "fair and impartial" not "kind and loving." This is really very creepy.

I think "kind and loving" sometimes means "fuck off" so we can shootonsight you in the back. Or it can mean "whatever you do, do not make me look bad. I am the Godking. These are my people. I love them. Pull !! [peasant goes flying through the air, Godking plays peasant-skeet target practice]. ka-blam! [musket fires].

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk47saogI8o&feature=related
WordBomb
QUOTE(Piperdown @ Tue 12th February 2008, 11:16am) *
And this just in from WP's favorite random-generalist, George William Herbert....he's heard that Judd uses doctored screen shots!
ex-squeezeme? Where is this?
Piperdown
QUOTE(WordBomb @ Tue 12th February 2008, 4:33pm) *

And this just in from WP's favorite random-generalist, George William Herbert....he's heard that Judd uses doctored screen shots!

yeah, i read comicbookman's b.s. yesterday saying that. Maybe a diff can be found quickly...
WordBomb
QUOTE(Piperdown @ Tue 12th February 2008, 12:34pm) *

yeah, i read comicbookman's b.s. yesterday saying that. Maybe a diff can be found quickly...
I found it.
Will somebody PLEASE challenge him on that? I can't wait to see what he comes up with.
Piperdown
QUOTE(WordBomb @ Tue 12th February 2008, 4:40pm) *

QUOTE(Piperdown @ Tue 12th February 2008, 12:34pm) *

I found it.
Will somebody PLEASE challenge him on that? I can't wait to see what he comes up with.

GW Herbert will pretty much say anything and count on it that someone won't look into the generalised BS. He is gifted, and it keeps on giving. It's even worse than I thought. GWH NoCred says he's seen evidence of it.

Wasn't he the guy that was claiming that the Doran in mugshots didn't have the same face-bone structure so couldn't be the former wikibookeeper? Wonder what his take on the Brandt affair was, that is always a fertile ground for figuring out who the wikidiots are by their wikitrial proceedings statements.
Amarkov
I love how the best result is "firm confidence that the charges are not true", rather than the truth. I mean, it may be preferable for the charges not to be true, but that hardly makes it a good thing if everyone believes a lie.
Cedric

For those not familiar with Jimbo-speak, allow me to translate:

"done in a kind, thoughtful, loving way" = done in a manner most favorable to my friend, Mr. Gary "Mannisox" Weiss

"any trolling be dealt with firmly" = admins are expected to permaban all editors stating or suggesting 1) that Weiss=Mantanmoreland=Sammiharris, or 2) that Mantanmoreland be banned or put on restrictions. Do not embarrass your God-King by forcing Him to do the banning personally!

"An investigation is not a negative mark against the accounts involved" = this "investigation" is bullshit and should have never began

"the best possible outcome is a firm confidence that the charges are not true" = the "investigation" had better come out in favor of Weiss. Otherwise, there will be plenty of permabans to go around. And perhaps also a desysopping for SirFozzie for showing such poor judgment in enabling all this trolling to begin with.

This email confirms what I have suspected for some time now: the reason that there is no whiff of this scandal on Jimbo's talk page to now is that the various members of the NSS cabal (including Jimbo as its head) have been privately emailing each other like mad, and all other knowledgeable parties still left on WP are too afraid to post there. Rest assured that the NSS cabal will institute the clampdown on this matter. It is of the utmost importance that Mannisox's wiki-skirts be kept clean.
Piperdown
QUOTE(Cedric @ Tue 12th February 2008, 5:14pm) *

This email confirms what I have suspected for some time now: the reason that there is no whiff of this scandal on Jimbo's talk page to now is that the various members of the NSS cabal (including Jimbo as its head) have been privately emailing each other like mad, and all other knowledgeable parties still left on WP are too afraid to post there. Rest assured that the NSS cabal will institute the clampdown on this matter. It is of the utmost importance that Mannisox's wiki-skirts be kept clean.

I agree, and that is consistent with the WP Crickets Act that has been touring WP for a long time.

But things change and communities get upset. A little revolution to shake things up is always good, even if the cute little coup attempt on campus is just some pesky hippies who indirectly cause The Man to change his Jim Crow ways.
One
Should link to that GWH/CHL dialog. It goes like this:

GWH: Congratulations on proving that they both live in New York, we already knew that from IP evidence. *scoff!*
CHL: O RLY?
GWH: Oh, um, I guess I saw that on "The Site Which Will Not Be Named."
CHL: Well, if you're sure he's in New York, I guess I could compare other New Yorkers.
Actually, if the only source is that site, then I don't know that I believe the conclusion. I've seen evidence that the primary perpetrator over there forges evidence (screenshots and IP logs) before.
Key problem with taking investigations like this seriously: the source for some of the info / claims is known to be a misinformation source. Particularly with them, but in general, you have to trace "facts" carefully and keep track of where they came from and what credibility the source has.
Even knowing that, one sometimes slips, as I demonstrated. 8-P
It might be good to re-analyze with NYC people as I suggested, on the assumption that there's a nonzero chance that WR's claims are true. But that doesn't make WR's claims true. Looking at the claim doesn't give it credibility - what results from that investigation might. Georgewilliamherbert (talk) 07:52, 12 February 2008 (UTC)

Lolz.
Piperdown
Jimmy's quick to edit the IRC scandal page today, but has to email Saint Fozzie (a good bear!) to opine on the Nasty MM Affair.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=190866962

Odd.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.