Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ¤ This Looks Like A Job For Slideshow Bob ¤
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
Jonny Cache
I'm betting dollars to doughnuts that the Wikipedia Revue could put together a much Grander Tour than those Dull Clods could ever imagine …

See: Erik Moeller, Wikipedia Tour

Jonny cool.gif
Somey
QUOTE(Jonny Cache @ Thu 14th February 2008, 4:12pm) *
I'm betting dollars to doughnuts that the Wikipedia Revue could put together a much Grander Tour than those Dull Clods could ever imagine …

That just looks like a series of included/transcluded wiki pages with a big navigation box on top of each one. Where are the dazzling transition effects, the overlay captions, the animated "helper" avatars, the thrilling hard-rock soundtrack? Where's the sizzle?

This sort of thing is what makes people want to stay away from Wikipedia, not sign up... There isn't even a prize offered if you get through the whole thing.
Cedric
Honestly. Is the best that the Deputy Fuehrer could come up with? What's next? An unauthorized solo flight to Scotland?
thekohser
QUOTE(Cedric @ Thu 14th February 2008, 5:48pm) *

Honestly. Is the best that the Deputy Fuehrer could come up with? What's next? An unauthorized solo flight to Scotland?

Laugh-out-loud, hilarious, intelligent, historical humor. I love it. This board is the BEST!
Somey
At least Rudolf Hess didn't rely on charitable donations to pay for his plane tickets!

I'll be here all week...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.