Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: JzG's definition of "evidence"
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors > Notable editors > JzG
WordBomb
Guy Chapman has added many new words to the Evidence section of the ArbCom on Mantanmoreland. What he has failed to add is any actual evidence.

To see how stark the difference is, compare Guy's Chewbacca impersonation with the unusually insightful addition by Relata Refero.

When you're done with that, come back and take a look at the other bit of insight Guy has provided for us.

Looking at the edit history of that page, you find this:
16:37, 15 February 2008 JzG
16:35, 15 February 2008 JzG
15:53, 15 February 2008 Cruftbane
15:50, 15 February 2008 Cruftbane
15:16, 15 February 2008 JzG

Yes, JzG slipped and made two edits with his sock Cruftbane. Ho hum.

But here's what I find interesting...

Merging the past 12 hours' worth of edits by both JzG and Cruftbane yields the following...
2/15/2008 17:18 JzG
2/15/2008 17:14 JzG
2/15/2008 17:12 JzG
2/15/2008 16:37 JzG (RfAr/Mantanmoreland/Evidence)
2/15/2008 16:35 JzG (RfAr/Mantanmoreland/Evidence)
2/15/2008 15:53 Cruftbane (RfAr/Mantanmoreland/Evidence)
2/15/2008 15:50 Cruftbane (RfAr/Mantanmoreland/Evidence)
2/15/2008 15:16 JzG (RfAr/Mantanmoreland/Evidence)
2/15/2008 13:16 JzG
<<break>>
2/15/2008 7:55 JzG
2/15/2008 7:49 JzG
2/15/2008 7:45 Cruftbane
2/15/2008 7:40 Cruftbane
...which is not the pattern one would expect of someone who ended the day logged in as one user and unintentionally picked back up with that ID when they meant to be using another.

What the above suggests is that Guy is set up for quick changing, with different IDs logged into distinct browsers, possibly on the same machine, possibly not.

And that's probably fine. One just tends to wonder...why? And is the recently revived Cruftbane the only second account he's using this way?
Piperdown
JzG must have blackmail photos of a WMF person in his personal Bomis file. I think a "caught in bed with a live boy or a dead girl" is the old private-eye saying for this sort of "wtf does he have on them to let this go on?". Lol.
Derktar
Classic Guy, he starts talking about Awbrey which has nothing to do with this case.

The slip-ups are odd as well, I mean Guy knows he doesn't need that sockpuppet anymore to edit the regular ol' articles.
Kato
QUOTE(JzG)
I cannot recall another case of suspected sockpuppetry where the purported puppeteer has such a long history of edits, has asserted so strongly that the accounts are unrelated, and where checkuser evidence has completely failed to support the claim of sockpuppetry.

JzG can't think of another case? I can. Poetlister. Long history of edits, and is even an admin on Wikiquote. Not a single controversial edit. Asserted innocence virtually every day for 9 months. No check user evidence. Banned by Durova's cooked up evidence simply because she was an administrator at Wikipedia Review.
Cedric
QUOTE(WordBomb @ Fri 15th February 2008, 11:56am) *

To see how stark the difference is, compare Guy's Chewbacca impersonation with the unusually insightful addition by Relata Refero.

Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, this does not make sense! Here, look at the monkey! Look at the silly monkey!
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(Cedric @ Fri 15th February 2008, 1:22pm) *

QUOTE(WordBomb @ Fri 15th February 2008, 11:56am) *

Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, this does not make sense! Here, look at the monkey! Look at the silly monkey!

taomtems;cram

The acid of my tears etched my shades
;
couldn't read any more.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.