Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jimbo makes a stupid comment about something that he doesn't understand
> Wikimedia Discussion > General Discussion
the fieryangel
Jimbo makes the following, extremely stupid and ill-considered statement regarding Linux articles...

I would like to offer my opinion. The project to excise all references to GNU/Linux is deeply POV and wrong. It should be reverted completely and totally as quickly as possible. Virtually all references to Linux should be references to GNU/Linux. I am certainly unaware of any community consensus which would support the draconian and absurd campaign that has been conducted against the correct naming convention.--Jimbo Wales (talk) 01:29, 7 February 2008 (UTC)

Somebody finally finds the Argumentum ad Jimbonem article to quote....which doesn't solve the problem but which is a step in the right direction.

Now, when is Jimbo going to realize that his true mission in life is to find the ultimate Bomis Babe? He's a washout as far the encyclopedia business is concerned....

GlassBeadGame
QUOTE(the fieryangel @ Fri 15th February 2008, 5:52pm) *

Jimbo makes the following, extremely stupid and ill-considered statement regarding Linux articles...

I would like to offer my opinion. The project to excise all references to GNU/Linux is deeply POV and wrong. It should be reverted completely and totally as quickly as possible. Virtually all references to Linux should be references to GNU/Linux. I am certainly unaware of any community consensus which would support the draconian and absurd campaign that has been conducted against the correct naming convention.--Jimbo Wales (talk) 01:29, 7 February 2008 (UTC)

Somebody finally finds the Argumentum ad Jimbonem article to quote....which doesn't solve the problem but which is a step in the right direction.

Now, when is Jimbo going to realize that his true mission in life is to find the ultimate Bomis Babe? He's a washout as far the encyclopedia business is concerned....

Mr. Wales is trying to get WP out from underneath ill conceived yoke of GFDL. Due to some quirky (and flawed) language in the GFDL Wales needs Stallman's cooperation in order to bail on GFDL. "G" as in "Gnu." "Gnu" as in Stallman who fancies all bowing and scraping before himself in "properly" referring to "GNU/Linux." Need a favor. Push some POV.
Nathan
"Jimbo makes a stupid comment about something that he doesn't understand"

And this is different from any other day of the week how? tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.