I had kept records on this, just waiting to post it.

Another great article. I collected the diffs here before it was deleted, but since the article was deleted, the diffs don't work, I guess. Maybe they can be useful for any sysops who can see deleted content? Anyway...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GUCT

GUCT ("Grand Unifying Conspiracy Theory") was created on 22:48, 11 May 2004 by Mark Richards diff, a decent editor, but clearly this article was silly. The article was unsourced and contained the following:

The GUCT is the Grand Unifying / Unified Conspiracy Theory and is a disparaging term used by doubters to refer to supposed links drawn between one or more conspiracy theories, for example, chemtrails, JFK's assassination, the Apollo landing hoax, the Bilderbergers, free energy suppression, and fluoridated water are all part of some overarching plot (probably by aliens).

It stayed that way for roughly 4 years now.

In fact, users came by every now and then and added other silliness. At one point, it said "see also" and listed "Vast left-wing conspiracy."

The article was prodded on 16:10, 7 February 2008. The prod message said, "Nonsense article about some alleged hoax; no sources." diff. When it was prodded, it contained the same info as when it was originally created. I had considered slapping a CsD tag on it, but of course that kind of behavior isn't tolerated on Wikipedia. Speedy deleting nonsense? No, that's against the rules.

As a joke, though, I added "and Jimbo Wales," in there diff, then quickly reverted myself diff. Immediately after this, I was warned for doing that, as vandalism, even though the edit didn't stay up because I reverted myself!

A couple days later, an anonymous user re-included the "and Jimbo Wales" edit. diff Two days later, the anon was never warned for actual vandalism (so yes, I am being stalked by the cabal), and the "and Jimbo Wales" part was still up.

So, for two days leading up to its deletion, GUCT read:

The GUCT is the Grand Unifying / Unified Conspiracy Theory and is a disparaging term used by doubters to refer to supposed links drawn between one or more conspiracy theories, for example, chemtrails, JFK's assassination, the Apollo landing hoax, the Bilderbergers, free energy suppression, fluoridated water, and Jimbo Wales are all part of some overarching plot (probably by aliens).

Then the article was deleted a few hours after the five day threshold. laugh.gif