Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Guy seeks furry pet
> Wikimedia Discussion > Editors > Notable editors > JzG
dogbiscuit
Guy posts this request on AN:

here

My bolding:

Right. My core skills are diplomacy, tact, a light touch and a friendly demeanour.

Oh,wait, those are the skills I'm lacking.

So: who here is really good with being warm and fluffy to people? Who here is really good at spotting patterns?

Applications are invited for a multi-skilled posse. Ideal candidates will be Wikiholics, European, ethnically diverse (I'm a WASP male). Some young, some old. I want William Pietri on my side and in an ideal world I'd have David Gerard.

I am serious about this. More eyes is good, but a tea that works regularly together will recognise and develop its strengths. Volunteers, send me enail. Ploughing a lonely furrow is a Real Bad Thing. Guy (Help!) 00:15, 19 February 2008 (UTC)

Guy with GOS seeks others for fun and friendship, possibly more?

An enail sounds positively threatening - is that a bannable offence? And he clearly isn't talking Earl Grey here.
Error59
Looks like Guy's old cabal has kicked him out, probably as he's now a liability.
jorge
Loony.
msharma
QUOTE(dogbiscuit @ Tue 19th February 2008, 2:46pm) *

here

My bolding:

Right. My core skills are diplomacy, tact, a light touch and a friendly demeanour.

Oh,wait, those are the skills I'm lacking.

So: who here is really good with being warm and fluffy to people? Who here is really good at spotting patterns?

Applications are invited for a multi-skilled posse. Ideal candidates will be Wikiholics, European, ethnically diverse (I'm a WASP male). Some young, some old. I want William Pietri on my side and in an ideal world I'd have David Gerard.

I am serious about this. More eyes is good, but a tea that works regularly together will recognise and develop its strengths. Volunteers, send me enail. Ploughing a lonely furrow is a Real Bad Thing. Guy (Help!) 00:15, 19 February 2008 (UTC)

Sounds to me like he's making an effort.
GlassBeadGame
QUOTE(msharma @ Tue 19th February 2008, 12:04pm) *

Yes, without a doubt. But an effort at what?
Somey
QUOTE(GlassBeadGame @ Tue 19th February 2008, 11:29am) *
But an effort at what?

Ploughing some sort of furrow, apparently...? This is February, so if he's going to organize a ploughing team, he'll want to do it now, so that they can be ready to go once the Spring thaw comes around.

Ooh, maybe they'll grow some yummy tomatoes and cabbage!
Jonny Cache
QUOTE(dogbiscuit @ Tue 19th February 2008, 9:46am) *

Guy with GOS seeks others for fun and friendship, possibly more?

An enail sounds positively threatening — is that a bannable offence? And he clearly isn't talking Earl Grey here.

Maybe these will help:

'http://www.nextag.com/herbal-laxative-tea/search-html'

'http://www.zooscape.com/cgi-bin/maitred/GreenCanyon'

'http://www.natureperu.com/product info.php?id=220'

∑1 be sure to enail Guy with the helpful health news.

NB. IANAD.

Jonny cool.gif
Aloft

If the answer is anything but "Writing an encyclopdia," then what is he doing there?

Why is he appointing himself to run some sort of Troll Task Force, when people have repeatedly told him that he isn't suited for it? He behaves as if he were the wpcyberstalking attack dog. There is no place for an attack dog on an encyclopedia.
msharma
QUOTE(Aloft @ Tue 19th February 2008, 6:07pm) *

If the answer is anything but "Writing an encyclopdia," then what is he doing there?

Why is he appointing himself to run some sort of Troll Task Force, when people have repeatedly told him that he isn't suited for it? He behaves as if he were the wpcyberstalking attack dog. There is no place for an attack dog on an encyclopedia.

Perhaps because he wants to keep on baning cruft, but knows that he needs help toning down his attack-dog stance?
Kato
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=...oldid=192410975
QUOTE(JzG)

I am serious about this. More eyes is good, but a tea that works regularly together will recognise and develop its strengths.

FORUM Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.